WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Poetry

Poetry Sit down or take a stand in this poetry section.

amen

Old 03-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Hidrolic

Default amen

The new Pope is here
Young men watch your rear
Ladies have no fear
They’ll bless you but won’t touch you there
He’s a man
But they gave him a dress to wear
Celibate proclamations
No wife, no breast to stare
I thought we all had balls I swear
Temptations of a man
I know the Pope didn’t ingest and digest his pair
It’s customary to cheer and hope for the Pope but expect despair
Not next, this year
The past is revealing, some disbelieving
But for me it’s clear
You go to church to make payments
Leave your kids in the presence of gay men
Is it because you feel you’re a spiritual layman?
If you asking me it’s blasphemy
But let me end it with amen

Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

New pope is a good man. Went around kissing feet of AIDS victims. Doesn't jump at the sight of glitter. Lived in a small apartment. Cooked own meals. Rode the bus.

Want Trump or Queen Elizabeth or Ahmadinejad?
What the fuck?
wake up
You still don't get it?
all you schmucks.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Hidrolic

Yea i heard all of that too. He sounds like a good man.

"Want Trump or Queen Elizabeth or Ahmadinejad?
What the fuck?
wake up
You still don't get it?
all you schmucks"

I don't understand what you're trying to say there.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

What I'm saying is "Isn't there a local hospital that needs volunteer help?"

Staying indoors playing with one's yo-yo with one hand and typing criticism with the other may be detrimental to one's mental health.

Cut these people some slack, instead of jumping all over them. Many do wonderful work. Every "crew" has its bad apples mixed with good. That's a no-brainer. Stop pissing away your talent. Wake up.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Hidrolic

Point taken. But I will still write about the topics i choose.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Hidrolic View Post
Point taken. But I will still write about the topics i choose.
You have a strong voice. Use it wisely. Be specific.

For instance, your opening line:

The new Pope is here
Young men watch your rear

It ruffled my feathers because I have known quite a few Roman Catholic priests who were wonderful people. I knew a few too who "fell from grace." But, it is unfair to hurl them all into the same bag.

Playing that kind of game makes you come off looking like a sloppy writer. Someone not taking the time to do his homework. Call out the guilty person--find him! Don't bash even the "innocents." If makes you come off looking "holier than thou"-- like some self-righteous pig (even though you felt you were making a valid point.) Be specific--know your "target." You yourself won't like to be thrown into the mix with bad people.

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Hidrolic

It's not one or two people to name or point out...The entire institution is tainted. It's been that way since it's inception. The problem for them is that the secret is getting out.

I appreciate the insightful statements.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

It's not one or two people to name or point out...The entire institution is tainted. It's been that way since it's inception. The problem for them is that the secret is getting out.

I appreciate the insightful statements.

Welcome to the wrld.

That's why trying to do the right thing is referred to as "the road less traveled" or the "straight and narrow path." But, credit to our race, there are still people trudging along it. Not all is lost.

Last edited by Cityboy; 03-13-2013 at 03:00 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Hidrolic

There will always be people doing good and teaching the right things...That is why no matter how bad things get the good will always prevail.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 03:59 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

The general feeling I get is that he's an ultra conservative who is traditionally anti-abortion, gay marriage and contraception.

Make of that what you will.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:29 AM
iDrew (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Location: Throwing wishes off the end of world's longest pier
Thanks 443

Yep, another ancient institutionalised misogynist and homophobe in a pair of gay red shoes.

Kissing feet ain’t gonna help stop the spread of AIDS. Free condoms and needle exchanges will. Simples.

xDrew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the CLUELESS COLLECTIVE’S
ALL NEW 20 OUT NOW
(min. system requirement: 1 working brain cell)
The Following User Says Thank You to iDrew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

My favorite pope story: The Pope of Greenwich Village.

Hidrolic, you have to be wary-eyed with some teachers. Hundreds thought Jim Jones was an outstanding teacher. Unfortunately, they read him wrong. Watch for sheep in wolves clothing. They have infiltrated all fields--religion, politics, science, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Hidrolic

Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
My favorite pope story: The Pope of Greenwich Village.

Hidrolic, you have to be wary-eyed with some teachers. Hundreds thought Jim Jones was an outstanding teacher. Unfortunately, they read him wrong. Watch for sheep in wolves clothing. They have infiltrated all fields--religion, politics, science, etc.
I'm quite aware of that...I'm not easily fooled nor swayed.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

The continuous pursuit of excessive power and wealth and glitter has diminished the species terribly, and the victims of an opposition fueled by insanity and artillery have always suffered the most.

It's in the DNA to be king of the hill, ruler of earth. Tragic, and contrary to popular belief, some things never do change.

That's the big picture, and all we can do is try to make somebody in our own inner circle comfortable or happy. After all, everybody lives in a glass house. And, those who think not--well, I have news for you: they are just playing that Jim Jone's game (with poisoned thoughts driving them).

It is a vast planet, and we are all connected. But, it seems strange to me that "Christians" are always the targets of the same individuals who scream the loudest. Women are suppressed badly in some parts of the world (treated like property), and gays are put to death--but the rants are always aimed at the church.

The situation is far worse for women and gays in some parts of the world, yet only after a new pope is elected the dire news makes headlines on Writersbeat. Strange.

It is a basic human right for an individual to believe whatever he or she wants. Unfortunately, many atheists will smear anything connected to religion. That's my take on this pope thing.

Last edited by Cityboy; 03-14-2013 at 09:51 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Hidrolic

Believe what you want but religion is bull shit...you don't need religion to be a good or spiritual person. Most of the wars fought around the world are religious wars..Wars about beliefs in fairy tales. It's about time we stop the following and use our own brain and come to logical conclusions about this religion thing.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

It's about time we use our own brain and come to logical conclusions about this religion thing.
Every time I use my brain, I get into trouble.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Hidrolic

Every time I use my brain, I get into trouble.
Lol sounds like you have an aggressive brain
Old 03-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Women are suppressed badly in some parts of the world (treated like property), and gays are put to death--but the rants are always aimed at the church.
Why do you think that is?

Wouldn't you say that a lot of the worst persecutions against women and homosexuals have been carried out at the behest of religious leaders, fanatics and institutions?

Or do you mean people should lay off the church and aim their frustrations at the mosques?

I understand you want to strike a balance. But when you look at what has occurred within the Catholic church you can hardly expect much different from people. They're angry, and rightly so.

Last edited by JohnConstantine; 03-15-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by JohnConstantine View Post
Why do you think that is?

Wouldn't you say that a lot of the worst persecutions against women and homosexuals have been carried out at the behest of religious leaders, fanatics and institutions?

Or do you mean people should lay off the church and aim their frustrations at the mosques?

I understand you want to strike a balance. But when you look at what has occurred within the Catholic church you can hardly expect much different from people. They're angry, and rightly so.
I think ignorance and fear are the main culprits-- across the board. Religious and non-religious alike have committed terible crimes against humanity. John, you keep looking into the past at what the church has done. I am not looking for balance. All I am presenting is a clear picture of what is happening at the present moment in some Muslim countries. But, most far-left individuals turn a blind eye to those terrible injustices. Instead, they take aim at the church's atrocities committed in the past. Fast forward to today.

What balance are you talking about? Do you see today's church threatening to kill anyone who leaves Christianity for another religion? Do you see today's church killing anyone who is gay? Do you see the church ordering women to cover their faces in public? Or walk behind their man? Or imprisoning women who have been raped? Why does the far-left always ignore what is going on in other religious institutions to take aim at Christianity? I believe it is because Christianity is a soft target and most far-left individuals (including many atheists) do not have the balls to thrash Islam, the way they constantly thrash Christianity.

Actually, I myself have been ignorant to respond to this post with criticism. Most certainly, fear not understanding has been responsible for my intervention. An "arsenal of ignorance and hate" never does any good (You bomb me, and I retaliate by bombing you--that isn't the way of the true Christian. A terrible mistake I made by injecting my comments here. I caved to fear. My bad.

We don't need balance. What we need is sanity and peace.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:32 AM
Hidrolic

The way I see it....get rid of all religions so people can start thinking for themselves and use their common sense. Religion is a filter that blind its believers from reality.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-16-2013)
Old 03-16-2013, 06:22 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

The way I see it ... If you believe for one moment that "perverts" are just straight men and Catholic priests, then you ought to visit your local pubt o get plastered and put some sense in your head.

I have known many "lone wolf" homosexuals who made a habit of preying on boys. Does this make all homosexuals perverts? Of course not. It would be a lie too say otherwise. The same lie that is used by some individuals to refer to all priests as child molesters.

Fact is, there are adults--straight and gay--who crave having sex with minors. And it is not just men. A growing number of women are now participating in terrible game. These people (Are they perverts? Under my guidelines they are!) enjoy having sex with children and believe nothing is wrong with it.

So, you cannot keep pointing fingers at priests. Yes, many priests have fallen, but the sickness extends itself to people of all walks of life--straight and gay.

The way I see it ... spiritual people don't bash others when the other's fall. Instead, a true spiritualist prays for the fallen and asks God to forgive them. You get my drift, Hidrolic?

In a sense, It is just as hypocritical to do that as it is for a priest to molest a child.

Ban religion so the Stalins and Hitlers can mow you down. Then you can blame the atheists instead of the popes. You don't like religion? Then ban it from your own life. Why mess with others who do like it?

The human being is a flawed species. It is a struggle to remain on the path of brotherly and sisterly love. The majority of us tend to wander off the straight and narrow. The few who remain on that path deserve applause. Lots of applause.

Peace be with you.

Blind? Sight may be restored through medicine or miracle. But, much worse than blindness of the eyes is blindness of the mind. You need to evaluate the thoughts you believe to be truths. For one thing, not every church-goer is anti-gay, anti-women, anti-abortion, anti-anythingthat doesn'tjivewithyouragenda.

Last edited by Cityboy; 03-16-2013 at 08:08 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 AM
Hidrolic

First off let me explain....I have no problem with gay people; as long as you're not being gay with me. I do have a problem with priests being gay though. Because according to them it's suppose to be a man and a woman together. If they don't agree with gay marriage why are they having sex with boys? And you keep on thinking its about one or two priests...no, it's the entire institution. The only way something like this continue for so long is if the leaders partake and condone it. Since the beginning of the church boys have been getting molested...research it. So you think without religion everyone will become like Hitler? I think it's because of religion we have people like Hitler. Look at all the wars faught in the Middle East, they are religious wars. It's about time we all realize there is no magic man in the sky who controls all...Why is it that we take the other fairy tales for what they are but so many wants to believe the God one even though it makes no sense?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 AM
iDrew (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Location: Throwing wishes off the end of world's longest pier
Thanks 443

Divide and Conquer.

Religion is a weapon used to suppress the working classes. End of.

As for the peodophile priests and the Catholic Church, the common backlash against the Church is basically two fold.

1) Christianity, perhaps above all of the world’s other religions, shouts the loudest about being holier than thou. Now that it limps its way towards irrelevance it feels a need to shout even louder.
2) When all this came to light, and because of point (1), instead of acting swiftly and decisively, the Church was content to sweep it under the carpet. In the eyes of the law these men are criminals. They should rot in jail. Their forgiveness in the eyes of your god doesn’t wipe away the hurt, damage, and loss of innocence suffered. Any church leader proven to be guilty in any cover-up, should also face long prison sentences.

The Pope is in a position to make a difference regarding the use of condoms, sexuality, and the role of women. Nothing will change. Nothing will change because the church lives in the dark ages and not in the twenty first century, and chooses to do so as that was the era when it was most powerful.

Your ‘Ban religion’ argument is self defeating. Although I’m unsure of Stalin’s anti-Semitism, but suspect it derives from the Czarist / Russian Orthodox Church relationship that sanctioned the Cossacks pogroms. Certainly Hitler’s anti-Semitism had its core roots in the essays of Martin Luther. Nazi ideology and Luther’s are remarkably similar.

Approx. 50% of the world’s population are women. Equality in all forms of life should be a given, not a struggle in which battles have only been won over the last century.

Divide and Conquer.

Until you understand that, you can not say you’ve seen the light.

xDrew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the CLUELESS COLLECTIVE’S
ALL NEW 20 OUT NOW
(min. system requirement: 1 working brain cell)
The Following User Says Thank You to iDrew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

I just wish some of you delusional folks would put aside the notion that if religion disappears then suddenly the human race will do a 360. Contrary to your stupid beliefs things will not get better but only worse, much worse. The greedy and the power-crazed and the tyrannts will still be doing their thing and not be joyfully dancing in the streets singing "the wicked old pope is dead."

Grow up and wake up.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

But, most far-left individuals turn a blind eye to those terrible injustices. Instead, they take aim at the church's atrocities committed in the past. Fast forward to today.
I don't believe this to be true.

Last post I'll make in this thread as I don't want to turn it into a massive debate.

In fact, at least in my country, political stance has little to do with it; even your religion of choice has little to do with it. I know Catholics who criticise the church. Funnily enough the most fervent critics I know of the Catholic church happen to be Christians.

They also, naturally deplore immoral acts carried out by Islamic fanatics. What you're noticing is a natural (left or right doesn't really matter) rubuttal of constant negative stories regarding Islam in the media. It's no mystery who gets more bad press in the west... it's Muslims hands down. People see the danger in this. There are anti-Islamic organisations networking across Europe. The Golden Dawn in Greece are palpably anti-islamic and actively spread negative propaganda amongst the Greek population. Same goes for the English Defence League here. These organisations see the islamification of Europe as something to oppose by any means necessary... we've seen what this kind of thinking can do. That's why, some people, are perhaps a little more careful about the subject.

So who's really turning a blind eye? Take some of the most famous contemporary anti-theists or religious antagonists we have today; Christopher Hitchens (I know he's dead now), Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris, Richard Dawkins. The arguments made by these guys don't exclude Islam at all. Most student lefties follow these types, so, extrapolate.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Hidrolic

Stop telling people to grow up....if your still believing in god and supporting the church in this Information Age you need to wise up. The Internet is your friend, use it to educate yourself about the truths in life. No one said life would be better overnight without religion....but how much worse can it get? Some of the most brutal times this planet seen was when the church ruled. With or without religion people will kill, steal, lie and commit unthinkable evils.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Oh, is that where we all reside now in the "information age"? Well, where are you getting your information from (or is it "misinformation")

Stop dissing people who you don't even know with the stupid lines in your poem that imply he is a child molester.

For that, I say "grow up." Bashing people is not spiritual (If bashing is spiritual in your head, then your thought processing could use some rewiring).

Lefties have an agenda. It is to bring down Christianity. I never hear lefties bash Mohammed the way they constantly hammer Jesus. Personally, I don't give a shit who bashes whom. To me it's all nonsense and I wish it would stop. But, don't peddle that crap that lefties attack mohammed as much as they do Jesus. Why don't lefties just enjoy their nothingness? Why are they so freaking bitter that they hate religion?

Sweep it under the carpet? People who enter the priesthood and don't honor their role are losers. But, let me tell you something, sweetie, everybody has skeletons in his or her closet--even you. The church is a "money" institution (as is politics) and some dishonest people abuse it. They have special privileges and they abuse those privileges. I agree they ought to face justice for their crimes. But, you have to be delusional to believe it is only in religion.

Look at all these scientists on govermental payrolls creating bombs that have the capacity to blow us closer to Mars. Your tax dollars are funding their work too. Essentially, you are helping scientists build bombs that could easily destroy the planet. So, your hands aren't clean either.

There is a worldwide mess right out your front door.

Some of the most brutal times this planet seen was when the church ruled. With or without religion people will kill, steal, lie and commit unthinkable evils.

Check your facts. I believe more people were killed under atheist's tyrants last century than at any other time in history.

Last edited by Cityboy; 03-16-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Hidrolic

Stop being so damn sensitive. I could understand if i had dissed you; get off the popes dick bro. I didn't come here trying to be spiritual, i came here to write. I think your confusing this place with your local church. Later.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

You argue that gays and women have been humiliated. You claim that both groups have been degraded, particularly by the church. But, then you make your own biased assumption by implying the new pope is a child molester. Stereotyping isn’t right. You need to clean up your own act. You aren’t any different from the person who degrades gays. Can’t you see that? I’m just trying to point out something you should know about. There isn’t anything worse than being untruthful to oneself. And not even realizing it.

Write all you want, but keep the biased comments from your writing because that kind of writing diminishes both your character and your credibility. It also does a terrible injustice to the person (people) you are labelling unfairly. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Cityboy; 03-16-2013 at 04:57 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,374

Originally Posted by iDrew View Post
Divide and Conquer.
xDrew

Yes. If I could clone me one would continue it's steadfast love of my wife and the other would press suit to you, Young Lady.

Oh.
I've drifted off topic.
My apology to the Original Poster.
Please forgive me Mods even though I know what I do.
(I'm gonna rot in banned from posting hell, aint I?)

My God, iDrew- do you have this effect on the men in Essex?
(Sometimes I wish I could push the ignore button for other people so they don't have to deal with me- screw it- I'm gonna go slam the door on my hands until they can't work a keyboad anymore. That will teach them the lesson they deserve.)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Poetry