WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

The Great Art of Writing an International Popular Science Book.

Old 03-09-2013, 02:51 AM
³M³ (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default The Great Art of Writing an International Popular Science Book.

Dear new friends on Writer’s Beat,

I am a European economist seeking an American writer for co-writing an international popular science book about simplicity in society, based on a new innovative economic theory and aiming to influence policy makers and inspire people to act to change society.

Let me start with recognizing the great art of writing. I am really impressed with much of what I read on other posts here. You do not stop to amaze me. The great detail you explain, the explicit expressions you manage and the great stories you tell... Wow!

I could only dream of writing something like that. I would be very happy if I could just do a little story telling. But I must admit that I am best at scientific explanations and arguments, which is also very essential when writing an international popular science book - but not enough.

I have come to the conclusion that if the book is to get through and reach a broader audience it must be written - at least partly - as story telling and with examples of great detail. One of my favourite authors, Malcolm Gladwell, is journalist and write almost only in examples - whole chapters about each example. I would never be able to do that. He is, by the way, considered one of the 100 most influential persons in the World by TIME Magazine!

The idea that came out of these thoughts is that the perfect setup for an international popular science book would be a combination of scientist and writer, e.g. an economist and a journalist or writer. That is why I am searching for a good writer that would consider popular science a great challenge.

The ambition of the project is to write an international book with examples from most of the World, that introduces an innovative idea to society development and sets a new agenda for politicians and grass-roots in the Western World. The economic theory behind is based on simplicity and the huge resources that are bound in heavy bureaucracy, unnecessary rules, excessive administration and too many special arrangements.

Motivation: Be the first to introduce an innovative, groundbreaking economic theory in an international book that aims to change the World. There is no guarantee for fame, money or a place in history - it's a chance you will have to take.

Thank you in advance for taking an interest in this subject.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions