WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Classifieds

Classifieds Advertisements go here. Content of this forum does not represent the service provided at this web site.

Free Press Release Sites for your Book Promotion Efforts

Old 04-26-2008, 11:24 AM
flashgordon (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 3
Icon10 Free Press Release Sites for your Book Promotion Efforts

Hey everyone,

I've put together another list. This one consists of press release services that have a free package. They all have paid packages, which gives you more, but their free package will get your release sent out over the wire. Another great way to get your name out there and notify the world about your news worthy endeavors.

Free Press Release Sites for Book Marketing and Author Promotion

Happy marketing.

Publisher:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Editor:
Old 04-26-2008, 02:21 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Location: Tinian...a tiny isle in the middle of the farthest reaches of the Pacific
Thanks 0

having them 'out there' doesn't mean anyone who matters will read them... what benefit can actually be derived from using any of those sites... do you know of any?...

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
Old 04-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

What benefit can be derived from not trying?

Old 04-26-2008, 03:40 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Location: Tinian...a tiny isle in the middle of the farthest reaches of the Pacific
Thanks 0

that goes without saying, q...

but i really want to know if anyone has any concrete knowledge of benefits that can accrue to the writer from posting on those types of sites... to put it more clearly, what have any of the posters actually gained by doing so?... publication?... interest in their work?... or specifically what, if anything?...

with all the time it takes us to write whatever it is we want to share with others, i think one needs to be judicious in what and where to do even more of the same... and writing/posting 'news releases' where they'll not do any good is something i think can and should be avoided... on the other side of that is, when knowing others have gotten good, tangible results from doing it, you decide it's worth the time and trouble to try it...

get my point?

Old 04-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

Well, yes I do see a point somewhere, but I also think that flash was posting what seems to be a very helpful bit of information. Whether people choose to avail themselves of the services mentioned - or not - is up to them. It's always easy to see a glass as half empty. The trick is in seeing it half full, and then making the most of the opportunities that vision makes apparent.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:01 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 0

It's always easy to see a glass as half empty. The trick is in seeing it half full, and then making the most of the opportunities that vision makes apparent.
of course that's true... but it can't hurt to get feedback from folks who've sipped from the glass before you and can attest to its 'taste' and 'effect' before drinking from it yourself, can it?

i don't see that we're in contention on anything here...... the post was a good, helpful one and more info, if available, would only make it even more helpful...

Old 04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Q Wands (Offline)
a Ghaidhealtachd chridhe

Thanks 452

No one drinks from the same glass as me. Seriously. If anyone puts their mouth near my glass, I will toss it and get a fresh one. I'm a bit of a freak about things like that.

Anyway...I don't think we're in contention either. I just think that if someone is interested, they will look into this a little further, and then make up their own mind. We're not about telling people to use or avoid any resources. Frankly, I dislike people telling me that they've already looked into something and decided it's good/not good for me. I get enough of that from the bloody government. Grrr. (I'm probably cranky because I've just paid up my party membership. Of course, I can't say which party that is, but does it make a difference? )

Whatever, I'm sure if anyone does have any really vital information of a pro or con nature, they will be posting to let us know. Thanks for keeping us all on our toes, maia.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Lin

having them 'out there' doesn't mean anyone who matters will read them... what benefit can actually be derived from using any of those sites... do you know of any?...
The only people who matter are people who buy books.

Any such link on the internet serves positive purposes in regard to search engines.
Not only to they become part of an aggregate "cloud" of links to your landing site, increasing it's visibility to search engines and SEO tuning, they also have the potential to come up on searches themselves.
With good tags, anchors, and link structure, mentions of such sites, and particularly sites tied to books or the subject matter can get returned by searches for SIMILAR books or references, even searches for names similar to that of the book or author.

Thinking in these terms also helps dictate the construction of releases, including making them "keyword rich" and keyworded according to certain methods not widely discussed, but intuitive to anybody used to promoting books. (Actual writers, for instance) For instance, I would include the publisher name, agent name, geographical names pertinent to the author or setting, names of any reviews or press mention, cover blurb quotes, etc.

That clear anything up?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:57 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 0

yup!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:52 AM
flashgordon (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 3

Like others have said, not only do these sites give you some nice backlinks to help with your online marketing endeavors, but they DO result in wider exposure. I've had interviews in major newspapers, libraries calling to order books, and other queries/results from sending out press releases. Sure, paying a bunch of money and having a media professional do this for you might result in wider exposure, but if its free, I say do it. You don't know what is going to happen or what doors may be opened. I have found them to be very "cost effective" considering the time it takes to submit your press release.

Publisher:

Editor:

Editor:
Old 05-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Sandra Bonaldi (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 0

I agree. It's hard to get exposure and quite honestly I try to take it whenever it is available. I consider it time well spent.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 PM
ana (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

thats cool, having a site for a book promotion will be very useful...we can look for new books then....

ana
Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
piratans (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Icon7 hellow good day

I think this is a good idea to promote your site.Will i just think that some one interested on this site to promote their book. Its good..

Suffering from an addiction. This website has a lot of great resources and treatment centers. http:www.treatmentcenter.org
Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
mammamaia (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 0

cut it out, jack!... this is the third thread i've seen today that you've spammed with multiple, meaningless posts and if there was a 'report' button, i'd be pushing it...

i can only hope a mod sees them and does something to stop you, if you haven't got sense enough to stop yourself...

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Classifieds