WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 02-01-2018, 02:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

repost from elsewhere, a continuation of last

Religious extremists, who believe fully in a heaven, will be the first to use a nuclear weapon that is miniaturized. Then there will be a response.
"...wars within wars..." repeated the goblin adding "...where if it were only a matter of isreal and palestine then things would be as good as over then as isreal occupies both territories militarily and can continue to displace the palestinians merited or otherwise as at least known if not exactly reported in our mouthpeice media there, but no, each country in the region as a whole has its basic alignments and assertions thus it's a powerplay between them all, and where there are no "good guys" to speak of really, only "our guys with their interests, their guys with their interests too, and those in between them who no doubt have their interests again", in short war doesn't come out of nowhere, it's always there in the background to a lesser extent as war by other means, and where it only needs to morph into a real war in an instant, and then nuclear war if those consequences of that real war go wrong...", but the goblin felt this to be only part of the global shortfall today, relating "...crops will fail this year due to the weather, while debts become due again, and you know what happens when that happens, and if the populous haven't woken up to the lateness of the hour, I suspect that the heads of state and their subordinates have started to prepare for it..."

xxxx 6000 422369

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-01-2018 at 03:24 AM..
Old 02-01-2018, 12:08 PM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 53

anna crept in and studied the moon earnestly, ‘thank you for your posts’ she whispered ‘I don’t think posting like this gets easier babe, I think it gets harder’ so wars within wars, that inner conflict too, ‘I mean maybe I’ve had it all wrong flea, and decisions made on their behalf always have a consequence don’t they. The kid’s on social media but has jacked in the endless streams and banter for the most part and the same kid doesn’t do Facebook at all out of her own choosing and you wonder if actively resisting the barrage of social pressure to encourage them to conform in a myriad of complex ways is kind of foolish, kind of putting them at a distinct disadvantage. In truth acting as a great soft neutral buffer zone to give them space to form themselves is really difficult, perhaps the hardest challenge, I found it so, painful even because the doubt creeps into your bones yet it’s kind of an essential right of passage for all parties. And not having parental controls on social media because well danger is ever out there isn’t it? and they are capable of mastering self responsibility if well informed, educated and treated accordingly. Then one unique day you suddenly reach a point with your youngest almost grownup kid where something in real life of significance happens, they call upon their inner resolve effortlessly and bingo, you know in that moment that your job’s pretty much done and if you died in your sleep tomorrow they’d all survive.

Last edited by anna; 02-01-2018 at 12:30 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 05:39 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

("...yes I remember that redundancy moment well..." replied the goblin loving that post)

repost from elsewhere

When I used to be a member we would often have 25-50 active members all logged in at once. But now there has barely been 20 active threads in a week. Before, the staff would always be around to make sure things were ticking over and to encourage members by offering support and commenting on threads. Now, I can't even see who's on the staff, just one or two names that I've come across in moderator colours - some not active in years. Welcomes like the one I've received on my intro thread, which has spiraled into comments, likening my avatar to alien genitalia, would have been frowned upon in the old days, but now the staff are actually joining in on the joke. Nice. Where are the members with publishing experience, who encouraged new talent and offered useful advice? I'm so sorry to see what a sad and demoralized ghost town this place has become.
"...actually, if anything the forum seems on the ups once more, but readers of posts can't be blamed if those writers around them aren't writing much, or if writers when they're writing works are writing stuff that readers haven't got that much time to read for neither..." related the goblin late in the afternoon while outside yet another snowstorm passed overhead, little wonder why then the goblin preferred to reply here online rather than keeping the old man company in his reality there, then turning back to topic though, the goblin restarted "...me I try for "a post a day", not much I know but it builds up into a readership for sure, meaning one just keeps an eye on the hitcount to judge things while collecting and hewing one's posts together into something that hopefully has them returning for more if it's somewhere easy to find on the forum, well I think anyone here could get 100view per post if they did that, I mean I'm the worst writer amongst you now, but any readership has to be built up on trust and track record, and certainly it won't come to someone who isn't there for them in the actual posts...", yet even if the forum failed the goblin would always find somewhere to post in, where "where" was ever secondary to that more pressing question of "with what then", and that other question "ready to post yet", smiling "...the point to posting is that there's no point to it, but if you know that there's no point to posting whatsoever, and yet still post on regardless of that truth therein, then dare I surmise that it was just your nature to begin with, I mean does anyone need some motive for their habits...", and with that the goblin let be a moment and looked over at the old man who in his turn seemed to be watching the falling snow waiting for it to stop, yet neither of them knew why they did that though, just it seemed an acknowledgement of sorts, something to mark the moment under its observation, ever pointless though, just their habit really

xxxx 6002 422712

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-02-2018 at 07:10 AM..
Old 02-03-2018, 02:45 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 241

────────────█████████
──────────███║║║║║║║███
─────────█║║║║║║║║║║║║║█
────────█║║║║███████║║║║█
───────█║║║║██─────██║║║║█
──────█║║║║██───────██║║║║█
─────█║║║║██─────────██║║║║█
─────█║║║██───────────██║║║█
─────█║║║█─────────────█║║║█
────███████───────────███████
───██║║║║║║██────────██║║║║║██
──██║║║║║║║║██──────██║║║║║║║██
─██║║║║║║║║║║██───██║║║║║║║║║║██
██║║║║║║║║║║║║█████║║║║║║║║║║║║██
█║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║█
█║║║║║║║║║║║║║█████║║║║║║║║║║║║║█
█║║║║║║║║║║║║█░░░░░█║║║║║║║║║║║║█
██║║║║║║║║║║║█░░░░░█║║║║║║║║║║║██
██║║║║║║║║║║║║█░░░█║║║║║║║║║║║║██
─██║║║║║║║║║║║█░░░█║║║║║║║║║║║██
──██║║║║║║║║║║█░░░█║║║║║║║║║║██
───██║║║║║║║║║█░░░█║║║║║║║║║██
────██║║║║║║║║█████║║║║║║║║██
─────██║║║║║║║║███║║║║║║║║██
──────██║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║██
───────██║║║║║║║║║║║║║║║██
────────██║║║║║║║║║║║║║██
─────────██║║║║║║║║║║║██
──────────██║║║║║║║║║██
───────────██║║║║║║║██
────────────██║║║║║██
─────────────██║║║██
──────────────██║██
───────────────███
───────────────────────▄██▄▄██▄
──────────────────────██████████
──────────────────────▀████████▀
────────────────────────▀████▀
─────────────────────────████
──────────────────────▄▄▄████
──────────────────────▀▀▀████
──────────────────────▄█████▀
ily, gobbly goblin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
Old 02-04-2018, 02:08 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

("...love you chat box, don't know why but I do..." smiled the goblin who loved company)

repost from elsewhere, a welcome in the intro section

I landed at LAX. Ten minutes of very stiff, unpredictable crosswinds on the descent. We had our seat in the upright position, belts fastened, toes and fingers crossed, worry-beads firmly clutched (they'd taken away our tiny bottles of solace; cabin staff probably guzzling it behind the curtain) those unlucky enough to have window seats staring fixedly at the thick-laced dark blue waves below - and coming closer.... until finally we touched tarmac hard three times and rolled to a blessed stop. Alighting passengers filed past a pale, glistening flight crew and, taking our cue from them, retained our dignity, did not fall on our knees or kiss the floor. Just carried off our carry-on bags and carried on. OK, LA, we've landed. Now what? The palm trees didn't say a word. Okay, W.B., I got in. Now what?
of course of which such things seemed an everyday occurrence upon writerbeat, for not only was the forum thrown into a flustering commotion by now but also others had rallied up themselves into replying here, but the goblin stopped at that point, his mind trying to fit the plot into neat plausible explanations before letting go empty handed, standing back and stopping even, and then letting the proceedings proceed without letup without judgment neither, asking himself instead if he wasn't actually missing something here, asking aloud "...if all that I can offer you is my sincerest of welcomes, would you human, well if I may be so bold as to call you one now, let me follow you in your posts to wherever you would lead me merely because I know my own world far too well already and would care to know of your world instead of mine...", outside once more the night's glove had cupped the moon in a cold sparkling darkness, while inside his apartment the goblin rested at his desk stealing whatever he could of those last long moments before finally surrendering to the sandman, "...goodnight xxxxx, you're here but let's see if you can find me now..." he whispered

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-06-2018 at 09:52 PM..
Old 02-04-2018, 02:46 AM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 53

... yeah, love chatty box too, thought anna
Old 02-06-2018, 08:07 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

("...picturehost went down awhile, caught a cold too, out for the count so to speak, but I'm back on my feet again..." voiced the goblin not really believing himself yet standing still)

repost from elsewhere, goblin doing an intro

Hi, fleamailman!
"...well you can call me flea if you like, friends do call me flea you know though mostly it's "goblin" or even "that goblin" depending..." smiled the goblin awake for the most part, yet staying indoors today, staying in bed moreover, for his mind had to swim in a cranium of flu-ridden mucus that leaked relentlessly from one nostril into an awaiting tissue, yes even fictional characters seemed to have their roots loosely embedded in some reality or other, before he just added "...trouble is that these day I don't really cut it as a insult flinging troll on their forum, well any more than I could pass as some woolly wordy writertype on this one, no I'm neither to those things really, only that they both have their pulls, their dues as it were, and then their rewards too I guess, thus hence here I am at your service so to speak...", tissue filled, the goblin poured his thoughts down his arms through those tapping fingertips on passed the keyboard to that ever hungry slot on the screen in front of him, sighing "...you see, most folks actually want to know what their reality is, oh yes that elusive "truth of it all", whereas me, looking out at this cascading snow falling across genve's dull skyline with a cold here, would like nothing more than to know anything other than my reality and its truth therein, no I'm not proud of my desire to escape with you from here now, yet I'm sincere in this sentiment towards you though, so take me away even for a moment please..." as the sneeze then held him to his reality instead

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-07-2018 at 02:18 AM..
Old 02-06-2018, 08:09 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

"...looking for image resizer plus picture host, any hints someone..." asked the goblin, then adding "...ok found one http://picresize.com/results lets hope it stays up..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-06-2018 at 08:21 AM..
Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Profusive Denizen

Thanks 34

Flea, I'd repaint that picture of that fool above, the king is sitting in an electric chair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFHAecRVYg
fleamailman (02-08-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:18 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was in a writing mood again, while death standing by just smiled at hims asking "...still writing goblin, care to play "jan ken pon" with me instead, I mean it would kill the time between us now, just a game within our game then, though to be honest most folks don't note that this same game is played above their heads by the powers that be too, no they know the game as "rock scissors papers" now, and think nothing more of it than it's a game of fate perhaps, well perhaps it is a game after all, but what if we were to call it "politics, law enforcement, and criminality" instead, wouldn't that kind of make it clearer to everyone goblin, even if still it's just a game still, albeit one without end nor winner neither, no it simply continues for no reason bar it must continue it seems...", whereupon the goblin looked back asking "...but death, why play a game that has no winner nor end neither...", and then it just dawned on the goblin that he had asked death that old "what's the point in living on" question again, to which death just shrugged saying "...well perhaps those powers that be there, much like you too I imagine goblin, just want this game to continue for as long as possible in the face of my inevitable intervention eventually..."

xxxx 6009 424792

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-10-2018 at 02:33 AM..
Old 02-10-2018, 11:37 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Profusive Denizen

Thanks 34

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
repost from elsewhere

the goblin was in a writing mood again, while death standing by just smiled at hims asking "...still writing goblin, care to play "jan ken pon" with me instead, I mean it would kill the time between us now, just a game within our game then, though to be honest most folks don't note that this same game is played above their heads by the powers that be too, no they know the game as "rock scissors papers" now, and think nothing more of it than it's a game of fate perhaps, well perhaps it is a game after all, but what if we were to call it "politics, law enforcement, and criminality" instead, wouldn't that kind of make it clearer to everyone goblin, even if still it's just a game still, albeit one without end nor winner neither, no it simply continues for no reason bar it must continue it seems...", whereupon the goblin looked back asking "...but death, why play a game that has no winner nor end neither...", and then it just dawned on the goblin that he had asked death that old "what's the point in living on" question again, to which death just shrugged saying "...well perhaps those powers that be there, much like you too I imagine goblin, just want this game to continue for as long as possible in the face of my inevitable intervention eventually..."

xxxx 6009 424792

Death does not need warlords Flea.

War lords do not need to perpetuate war, and yet they tend to prod peaceful people in effort to keep war. This is not a universal law it is a social acceptance and ignorance, complete and utter madness. Your colors are showing goblin.
fleamailman (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 10:35 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,851

Originally Posted by Beesauce View Post
Death does not need warlords Flea. War lords do not need to perpetuate war, and yet they tend to prod peaceful people in effort to keep war. This is not a universal law it is a social acceptance and ignorance, complete and utter madness. Your colors are showing goblin.

"...naah I wish I knew what my true colors were even, yet I do agree that death doesn't need anything to know the outcome now, instead it's us who need life to be ever uncertain about this in its interim..." replied the goblin aware that death just put the hands back into their pockets while the game itself played itself out with new hands joining in to replace the ones who had left, the goblin restarted "...just "jan kan pon" again, with politics overriding law enforcement, with law enforcement overriding criminality where politics permitted, and criminality corrupting politics ever the more...", just "the game above our heads" as the goblin put it, then adding "...you're right, warlords or not, death doesn't need them as there are many ways to die even without that final war there, yet I feel this prospect looms bigger now than at any point in the long life of the old man beside me, and what with just too many players with too many weapons in too small an area, it looks like another blundered into war by those who thought the other side was bluffing and cared more about upping the ratings at home than seeing where this was going..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-11-2018 at 04:01 AM..
Old 02-12-2018, 04:58 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Profusive Denizen

Thanks 34

Yes and I've heard in Cyber City and all military agencies have posters that keep them motivated to believe they're fighting the good fight & of course the K.O.D. & NDA keeps personnel dutiful to the daily mission to participate because one day perhaps you'd be the winner of the terrorist lottery

Should I place a picture of Las Vegas slot machines or can you just imagine them going off in your head along with all the gunshots fired off in your imagination *bambam* before the fireworks went off *cracklepop*

Let's talk about all those funny last names. Paddock and Jesus. Wowzer me. I should probably go --a;sldkfj

check out what happens when you sleep:
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/593040...h-my-heart.jpg

Last edited by Beesauce; 02-12-2018 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: pics and commas
The Following User Says Thank You to Beesauce For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (02-15-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 03:35 PM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 53

anna held a helium filled balloon, she gently tethered the sphere to the back of flea’s chair so it might bob upon his Atlas man shoulders whilst he busied on thinking regardless. ‘Hello babe, happy day then’ she shrugged, although her mind was miles away and flea couldn’t help but notice the static hair rising on the back of his neck and wonder at the peculiarity of feeling ... If one is reunited with a companion who has been familiar in the past - something once held between you can be pretty much lost, stolen away by the passing of time, a chasm, a decay. anna grasped at her thoughts, ‘a few years ago whilst waiting for an old acquaintance I heard the youthful footstep of someone approaching along the corridor, when they came into view it was actually the chap I had known many moons before that I anticipated meeting yet his essence standing there was ageless, a beautiful vitality undiminished by his advancing years’ ... in that moment anna thought she was witnessing the ghostly apparition of her long lost friend journeying off through to the other side of things ... ‘but no flea, it would appear we’d both simply lost track of time, together then.’

Last edited by anna; 02-15-2018 at 07:57 AM..
fleamailman (02-15-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 10:05 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Profusive Denizen

Thanks 34

Oh. Here's one for the historical records:

A letter to King from a bunch of fools

FBI's "Suicide Letter" to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Dangers of Unchecked Surveillance

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/fbis-suicide-letter-dr-martin-luther-king-jr-and-dangers-unchecked-surveillance

Last edited by Beesauce; 02-16-2018 at 10:14 PM..
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 53

‘when is a structurally unstable house at the point of collapse, flea?’ anna rocketed through the labyrinth of her mind in detached alarm. When are the other deciding factors in the balancing of that family-need equation deemed null and void, cancelled, wiped from the white board. Are you off your rocker girl? can you not position yourself in objective reality? what reality. will there be an inkling? has there been an intuitive nudge within or is that simply a glut of gut-risen anxiety, hey geyser! calm down dear. A gas-litted-world-of-half-convenient-societal-truth, telling. Invisible in plain sight, plainly obvious. Grab your things folks, documentation, documentation, exist to the alogrithm, bifurcation world, prove that human heart is bleeding out in the yard, uh-oh victim status. Drop the things that matter most, bring yourselves as you are, panties, passports, identity, identify, paperwork, really the cracks are beginning to show, most significant now, see they’re looking, pointing! the right hand side, your left, is clearly sinking, the things fell from the shelves, visible became the veins, living within the walls, capillaries, aorta, home to my heart. The previous tenants left in a hurry, scurry. Calm, grab the tent, broken poles? Climb into the private Square beneath. Just breath through it, pant. ‘On second thoughts, Polly, put the kettle on, carry on. No lifeboat, no. No sea, see. Seesaw Margery Daw ...’

fleamailman (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Profusive Denizen

Thanks 34

Wonderful Anna.

Polly did put the kettle on and sifted through the soup, and found a joyful bunch of soon to be pirates, and much to many's dismay, the promises made for your escape was an arrangement of lifeboats on the Titanic

Should I post the sinking ship or hmm, document this here, I found a small group of nothing but Garbage Pail Kids messing with Fisher

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe