WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello Again! Best Writers Beat Author Is Back!

Old 02-16-2015, 02:10 AM
MY_NAME (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 4
Default Hello Again! Best Writers Beat Author Is Back!

Hello, wanted to introduce myself. My name is My_Name. About 5 years ago I was an active member of the writers beat community. I remember the great people that helped my journey to create the half a million dollar deal on for the book called my autobiography and my autobiography 2.

Though, I was and still am not the best writer.. I liked writing about my life. My book was about my teenage years of being a criminal and a druggie due to my hardships in life and being on my own since I was 12 years old. I was in some of the roughest and notorious juvinile lockups in the country and ended up successfully escaping when I was 17 and went on the run to Florida where I started writing the book on writers beat under the name (My_Name).

Anyway, I ended up getting cought eventually where I spend the rest of my time in prison finishing to book. The book then sold over 2 million copies. I then used the money from the books to open a pawn shop when I got out of prison, because I had experience growing up supporting myself by flipping cars and other valuables.

______
But I did not come back to write a book, my writing skills suck. I just had a-lot of passion and dedication and a little help with my writing and above all a great story to tell.

Anywho I am here to get help with something. I just re-did my homepage for my website on my pawn shop and would like to see if someone could correct the grammar

If anyone wants a quick job correcting the grammer of the whole website, since you guys love this stuff I'll pay $5.00 through Paypal.

Shout out to the people that made up my writersbeat word 5 years ago. Can't remember their names but it was something like hoitlye.. lone worf... len.. and ... idk

Last edited by Devon; 02-16-2015 at 02:42 AM.. Reason: Please, no sending people off-site to critique and/or fix
Old 02-16-2015, 03:32 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,235

Coises, cought again!
Old 02-16-2015, 04:56 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

$5.00! Wow. I'll drop everything I'm doing and jump right on it!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Originally Posted by MY_NAME View Post
Shout out to the people that made up my writersbeat word 5 years ago. Can't remember their names but it was something like hoitlye.. lone worf... len.. and ... idk
That would be HoiLei and Lin. Lone Wolf is not precise, as there are three members that have that as part of their name, but I guess is that you mean Winterbite (who has a wolf avatar).

I don’t know any member called ‘I Don’t know’

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,235

Originally Posted by JoeMatt View Post
$5.00! Wow. I'll drop everything I'm doing and jump right on it!

Five dollars?

I thought the decimal point was misplaced.

So it wasn't intended to read I'll pay 500. through Paypal ?
Old 02-16-2015, 11:24 AM
MY_NAME (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 4

Comon now, you guys do this for fun.. for free. now you get a chance to make a quick 5 bucks and buy yourself a nice pen on ebay.

"That would be HoiLei and Lin. Lone Wolf is not precise, as there are three members that have that as part of their name, but I guess is that you mean Winterbite (who has a wolf avatar).
"

Forgot to mention night wonder and firefly. And Tau for banning me. I beleive that was you lol.

Thought someone could just fix this paragraph for free. Honestly why I came back here, glad I did though lots to read:

We pay fast cash for expensive items and gift cards We provide a fast, safe and hassle free experience. By selecting a category below you can see if the item you're trying to sell is something that we will buy and start the initial step in getting your estimate. Depending on your item, some of the things we provide to you along with your offer from us is your items re-sale value, competing market place offers from reputable companies and in some cases a “Better Price Guarantee". You may Call Us to set an appointment time but unless you fill out an estimate form first we are not able to provide you with an estimate over the phone.

Last edited by Devon; 02-17-2015 at 02:17 AM..
Old 02-16-2015, 11:59 AM
JoeMatt (Offline)

Thanks 1,526

Hey, I haven't been here in 5 years -- but I thought I'd drop in to see if I can find a sucker to edit my copy for $5.00

Don't you have any literate friends who can do it for you?

And it sounds like some kind of scam to me. Do you miss prison?

Last edited by JoeMatt; 02-16-2015 at 12:05 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeMatt For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 02:20 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,692

I just re-did my homepage for my website on my pawn shop and would like to see if someone could correct the grammar.
Perhaps you should contact an editor. Just a guess. If you're truly serious about making your website grammatically sound, then search out a good one and do it right. (And no, this isn't a plug for my own services. I charge much more than 5 bucks.)

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to Devon For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (02-17-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 01:28 PM
MY_NAME (Offline)
Noteworthy
Official Member

Thanks 4

Ok, so here was my thought process on the whole thing. It was about 5 in the morning when I changed up my home page and I was sitting there thinking "hey who can help me with this paragraph I am having trouble with this early before I get busy and get my day going". Then an idea hit me and I was like, I know let me try writers beat, would be nice to go back there and see if anyone at this time would help me with my paragraph, because it has always helped in the past.

And to be honest, I think I was only having trouble with one sentence. Wow, big deal here let me throw out a $300.00 for that. LOL, yeah right.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,235

[QUOTE=MY_NAME;

And Tau for banning me.

[/QUOTE]

Banned for what?
Old 02-17-2015, 01:59 PM
daes13 (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 342

If only there was some form of etiquette or tact that could allow a person to ask for help on a site of aspiring writers- where they would gladly assist for free. Then again, foregoing humility and claiming to be the "best author"- brandishing a "half a million dollar deal", and offering a meager five dollars for a favor seems like the perfect way to go. But then I'm new so I may not know anything...
Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,235

Originally Posted by daes13 View Post
If only there was some form of etiquette or tact that could allow a person to ask for help on a site of aspiring writers- where they would gladly assist for free. Then again, foregoing humility and claiming to be the "best author"- brandishing a "half a million dollar deal", and offering a meager five dollars for a favor seems like the perfect way to go. But then I'm new so I may not know anything...

Been mucus coughing sick for ten days, been endurin' the aggravatin' pain of an injured arm for three months and now you have posted something that got me smilin'.

I'm glad you write.
daes13 (02-17-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,692

And to be honest, I think I was only having trouble with one sentence.
Then put it (or the whole paragraph) into Writing Help and Issues. Simple.

Twisty mind candy:

The Following User Says Thank You to Devon For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (02-18-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 05:45 AM
Tau (Offline)
Solemn Simulacrum

Thanks 682

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Banned for what?
He knows why, it is not your concern.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,235

Originally Posted by Tau View Post
He knows why, it is not your concern.
Agreed.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions