WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Favourite Season

Old 08-14-2016, 06:14 AM
Cricket Leaf (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 8
Icon6 Favourite Season

A few days ago before getting some rain, I've been experiencing the 'dog days' of summer. That made me realize that I'm ready for fall.

Autumn is my favourite time of the year, because there are festivities such as Thanksgiving, and Christmas to look forward to. The first snow fall is something that peeks my anticipation. I can also wear warm, comfy clothing, and sip hot beverages. I don't have to worry about drinking anything that is bound to give me brain freeze. :P

Come to think of it, summer seems to make the transformation to fall even more exiting. If there was just one season, things would be very boring. Contrast is good!

What is your favourite season, and why is that season your favorite? If you don't have a favourite one, do you enjoy the changes that come with them?

Old 08-14-2016, 07:06 AM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 56

The transition between Summer and Fall is my favorite. Also, the transition between Winter and Spring is nice.

Here in Florida, We just bake from March till October, and the relief of Autumn is way more than just the temperature change. It breathes an entire new life into your spirit.
The heat and humidity here become heavy and oppressive. You step outside and start sweating. No exaggeration. When people up North complain about the heat, they don't understand just how much worse it gets. The temperatures are deceiving, it's the combination of humidity that really makes the heat feel dreadful.

I know this because last time I visited Colorado, it was 101, and I thought it was a lovely day, nothing hot about it. You could feel the heat from the sun on your skin, but you didn't sweat just from being there. And there was always a very light breeze . The heat didn't feel like it surrounded you and made it hard to breathe.
It's just a different kind of heat, you have to experience it to know.

Anyone else from Florida who could vouch for me. Actually I shouldn't have mentioned I was from Florida, I can imagine people rolling their eyes. I don't blame them, this state sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to NuNu For This Useful Post:
Cricket Leaf (08-14-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 07:19 AM
Cricket Leaf (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 8

Hi NuNu,

I know exactly what you mean about Colorado. I've lived there for a while, and I think it's the lack of humidity that makes the heat feel different from anywhere else. I've never experienced Florida, but my brother has been there. He's told me how unbearable the heat was! However, on the plus side, he got to swim with manatees.

Last edited by Cricket Leaf; 08-14-2016 at 07:21 AM..
Old 08-15-2016, 05:24 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,546

("...give me autumn please..." smiled the goblin thinking about it now, and somehow it was ever harvest time too, being that reward and recompense for his efforts as it were, and where not then just the burning of the leaves to him then, a time to take stock, and where trees put color into their foliage to call to the insects to lay their eggs below their branches in a orgy of death and self sacrifice once more, concluding "...all said and done autumn is just a short moment between summer's harvest and winter's preparations, a time when autumn's unseen acrobats kind of whip up leaves as if to announce the arrival of the wanton winter king who'll no doubt then test those preparations to their full...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-15-2016 at 12:22 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Cricket Leaf (08-15-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 06:17 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 589

my favorite season in Hunting Season.

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohican For This Useful Post:
Cricket Leaf (08-15-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 09:09 PM
elijahmacey (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

my favorite season is rainy season.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elijahmacey For This Useful Post:
anthonymhenley (10-17-2016), NuNu (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM
NuNu (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 56

Originally Posted by elijahmacey View Post

In Florida the rainy season is sacred. For it is a cool relief to the dog days of summer. And because we spend so much time Scorched by the sun, any gray skies are welcome relief.

I have become so fond of them, I think I want to move to Washington state....
Cricket Leaf (09-11-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 01:00 AM
anthonymhenley (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by elijahmacey View Post
Yeah. Though I hate to go to work in the weather like this. But when I'm at home and read a good book while rain is pouring outside, I feel happy and free.
Old 12-19-2016, 02:49 PM
Magicalprincess (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Used to be winter when I was a child and didn't have to drive. Now that I drive, snow isn't my friend anymore. So now I'd say fall is my favorite.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe