WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Security Blanket

Old 12-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 434

Being homeless in Venice Beach and winding up in a guest house in North Hollywood wouldn't go into my "trials and tribulations" file, but I'll bet it would be a good read.

My homelessness was in Oceanside, California (another place it's a relative cakewalk) and I was amazed at how easy of a life it was, if you didn't care about things like possessions, and privacy, and self-respect.

Took me three months to get the hell out of there, and I've never looked back.

Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:44 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,067

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Being homeless in Venice Beach and winding up in a guest house in North Hollywood wouldn't go into my "trials and tribulations" file, but I'll bet it would be a good read.

My homelessness was in Oceanside, California (another place it's a relative cakewalk) and I was amazed at how easy of a life it was, if you didn't care about things like possessions, and privacy, and self-respect.

Took me three months to get the hell out of there, and I've never looked back.

It was the first time in my life I felt truly alone. That was a revelation for me. I was a cloudy person before that. I didnít understand the correlation between action and consequence. So, that time taught me a lot.

Had it been Alberta Canada or Milwaukee Wisconsin the story would have been different. So Cal is an easy place to live.

I had a big box filled with sheets of acid I sold to lots of beach goers and a group of punks who were squatting in a vacant office building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing