WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Hey, I'm playing fair

Old 11-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 59
Default Hey, I'm playing fair

What's with y'all? I have been enjoying reading various fiction posts and commenting on them. However, when I post my fiction, no more than two or three people bother to comment. What gives? Sorry if this subject has been discussed to death somewhere else..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Compliments of the Author: Debbie Bumstead
The Following User Says Thank You to Luciaphile For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 08:38 AM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

In my experience thatís the way itís always been.

What Iíve seen of your writing is good. You have a way of creating a world thatís unique.

I would suggest posting completed stories or chapters (sorry if you have and I missed it).

Personally, I donít have as much time as I once did, so I miss a lot.

Sent from my whack-ass dump hole.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 10:57 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...well it's easier for men I guess, in that they have to woo their intended by their words and reliability alone, though I do seem to remember that I posted upon your work there Luciaphile and welcomed you as best I could in the intros too..." mentioned the goblin not sure how to relate the rest though, not his style really, till finally he added "...and no, I still think you're talented, only that I told you at the start of our walk together that you're surrounded by online readers here, that your hitcount was your readership, and that your posts were like ambassadors of your works to your readers there, meaning here though, instead now you're kind of expecting us to critic your work, and for readers to read it too, and offended that it hasn't worked out like that, yet it would be all too dishonest if it did, shall I go now and critic your work just because you expect it of me...", whereupon the goblin stopped there abruptly, he wondered if the late hour had caused him to think upon those others who had posted on this forum, then turning back to Luciaphile he smiled "...you see, the ones I remember most are the ones who could do a mere twelve line post and make hundred of hits form it, you could become one of these posters with practice, or you could walk away depending...", he held up his hand to her not sure if she was still motivated to make the most of her posts)

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-30-2017 at 03:08 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 01:24 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,231

The other thing you have to remember is that there are maybe only a dozen active members here now and maybe another dozen semi-active members.

You actually write stuff I enjoy reading in real life, but a lot of fantasy or sci-fi, or fan-fic, or role play, or hard-boiled people would automatically avoid your stuff after the first few paragraphs. Itís not what they are looking for.

Sent from my whack-ass dump hole.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (11-29-2017)
Old 11-29-2017, 11:19 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...nope, there's no way on knowing who is actually here beyond an inflated number in total..." smiled the goblin mischievously enough, then explaining "...in fact, every poster around you now could just be handle of someone else for that matter, why there are even AI spambots that infiltrate forums and that pose as posters too, fortunately this forum doesn't have such infiltration or at least I haven't noticed any difference there, but anyway the trick is to write in such a way that it becomes undoubtedly you by it, yet that only comes with two things really, the "posting often enough" and the "being recognizable" by it too, for the one without the other won't get you remembered by them...", in fact, to the goblin all fiction was, by its very nature then, just a lie as it were, whereupon he remarked "...as hitler used to say then "tell a lie long enough and loud enough and they'll believe you", and it's not as if I'm asking you to conquer eastern europe now, nor invade russia neither, only that if they're reading books less than they were, then you might wish to adapt yourself to an online readership instead...", he quickened his pace now, just his morning's walk was ambulating nowhere ever so nicely)

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-30-2017 at 03:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (11-30-2017)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe