WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 12-31-2017, 06:36 AM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 65

the difference between anna and a rhesus macaque monkey was that although she couldn’t climb out of this pit of circumstance she could stomach the situational isolation because over a very long period of time it had become her companion and she had learnt to fill that desolate void with wonderful alternatives in her minds eye, she had sought solace in imagining brighter happenings with endless possibilities, freedom and immensely enjoyable creative liberty, she made fun and she had shared it knowingly. flea and anna could go anywhere and do anything together, they always had done, simply that now the correspondence between them was actual. It was all just a matter of perspective. ‘I mean, the Burning Man Community had begun as a seed in someone’s imaginings and think of the depth of mind held by Shah Jahan for Mumtaz Mahal to inspire the creation of the Taj Mahal, and last week we were in Switzerland’ she teased gently, ‘besides which babe, here is all I have ever really known, it is my home.’

Last edited by anna; 12-31-2017 at 08:48 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to anna For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 11:45 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

("...got to be your best post yet..." observed the goblin thanking anna for the read there, then adding "...new year's eve and my wife and now grown up children are having an early night sleeping through it all, whereas me I'm waiting upon the clock, I'll just light up a candle, watch it awhile, and then blow it out in the new year, I feel like I owe it to the moment...")

repost from elsewhere

Turns out the main problem is my use of third perspective. Apparently that makes me look like a douche bag.
"...every time you use your preferred writing style in both your posts and your books is when those folks not out to see your books get to see your fluidity of pen still..." ventured the goblin on new year's eve, then adding "...btw this thread stands at 29/350, meaning 29posts with 350views, where if it continues like this then it will overtake the views to your other works here, where if this daily banter continues for over a year then this thread will overtake all the views of all your others works combined eventually, just saying...", in fact, the goblin suspected that most authors held their own posts in contempt, smiling "...dare to be a douche-bag, because when they like you for what you're not is probably when you hate yourself most without showing it to them..."

xxxx 5071 413837

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-31-2017 at 10:53 PM..
Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere

the goblin reappeared a little inebriated for the new year's dinner goings on, saying "...liked the "third person" version better, but that's just me I suppose...", meanwhile outside the goblin couldn't really tell if it was still raining, and whether that rain would turn into snow overnight too, anyway it all looked damp in the darkness, "...you're drunk goblin, you're making a spectacle of yourself and letting the side down too, so let's be off with us now..." intervened the slot pulling on his arm to call him away, the goblin roundly voiced "...no I'm not drunk really slot, it's just that the world is a little more sober than I am at this point but the way things are going the world too will probably need that stiff drink before long...", in fact, the goblin had wanted to warn xxxxx about going overboard on those paragraphs and how the readers ignored them, or misunderstood them, if they then became too many in the text, but all the the goblin could muster in his inebriated state was "...ich bin ein berliner...", which he felt offered comfort and solidarity towards his fellow posters here, where in fact what he had actually stated in german was "I'm a jam donut", but yet, as ever it was his lack of thought that counted even if he meant well by it

XXXX 5972 414231

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-11-2018 at 12:25 AM..
Old 01-02-2018, 05:47 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, the "today is a good day to die" thread

"...naah, today is a good day to live..." proposed the goblin suspecting that how to die was somewhat easier to answer to oneself than how to actually live life, well if not to its full, then at least fuller than just doing dailylife at dailylife's bidding each day, adding "...ah yes, today is also a good day to grow one day older too, for there again is a question in the making that has to be faced eventually, people do grow old you know...", many thoughts crossed the goblin's mind at this point, not least the growing death of jobs to automation, the growing likelihood of war in his time, or just that continued collapse of system with a dark age that invariably follows that collapse there, sighing "...then again, maybe today is not a good day to live, but today is the only day you've got really, where life was only ever just one long moment called "now" anyway, for one's past is gone, and one's the future comes unpromised too, no it's how to live on really, not how to die in this moment isn't it...", and somehow the goblin could feel the silent applause in the background somewhere

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-02-2018 at 05:57 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
BEnzo (01-09-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 01:03 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, the trolls forum

Hey FMM, nice to see you're still around and haven't given up on us misfits and sociopaths yet And I can relate to that. Modern life has turned us into assets. We're numbers, statistics and spreadsheets these days. My country is a cesspool of problems, but nature still makes it worthwhile I've found that laying on top of an inflatable mattress on the surface of a lake is a great way to let all that go for a while
"...yes it grows ever more unstable doesn't it but it's not just your country alone, it's everywhere as this is global..." ventured the goblin thanking xxxxx for the company, then adding "...yes, compounded debts and over extended boarders are somewhat typical of an end of empire scenario, where no doubt any country could forgive its own debts and bring the boys back home too, but that is not likely to happen now is it, and so since it won't bend in the wind storm it'll break in the storm, and break it will, but to make things worse this is also that mini ice age we're beginning to experience, meaning three things from here on it, "war, famine, and plague", but the difference today is the speed in which it will occur, simply humans are far more mobile than before, yet far less ready to adapt..."

Old 01-11-2018, 01:21 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, chatting with anna

"...glad to see you happy like that..." smiled the goblin on his last of two days off now, then adding "...I should write more I know, after all a post in only a few lines at most, trouble is that the news is devoid of news, my dailylife is devoid of action, and my mind is devoid of those usual goblinlike conjectures...", went the goblin somewhat surprised to note an old lady reading a paperback in his bistro at this point, adding "...unprotected species that, maybe I should take her photo then, no I spend the whole day here and she's the only one I've seen by now, doesn't stop me as a livewriter though, only that I have to be more aware of what those humans are actually reading today lest I become one of those obstinate old dorks, but anyway as a rule of thumb then goblin are not to be trusted as they encourage writers to write while not following them over that cliff's edge in any unwarranted expectation towards readership...”, but that too was part of the goblin's compromise towards what he did he guessed, repeating “...I’m not confrontational by nature, it’s only that I’m not that conformative neither, no if I actually get them to read to the end of this post here then wow then, as that's the best I can expect of today's readers, for such is my act now, such are my props around me, and such is the audience looking on...”

xxxx 5975 416608

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-11-2018 at 01:54 AM..
Old 01-11-2018, 01:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere

"...you were lucky, me I just had some woman sit opposite me, asking if she didn't mind her talking to her because she was sad at being on her own at fifty, and not that she was unattractive but clearly she was not happy with herself, or by being alone by herself at her age..." related the goblin knowing that one had to be happy by oneself first, or life would amplify one 's weakness hurting one all the more, explaining "...most folks think that attraction goes upon looks, whereas if it were looks then there would be far more beautiful folks around one, instead most folks were looking for someone who they'll get along with...", in fact the goblin couldn't help her, and from what she related she was both narrowly religious and racist too, which kind of explained why she was so alone perhaps, relating "...me, I'm not looking for another partner, I have one, but if I were alone then I'd still have this internet here, but this internet is what one makes of it over time, not something one can turn up upon one day and have the ability to write upon it the next...", where the old man was pretty much alone most of his time but his goblin was hardly lacking for company he felt so that made up for both of them, sighing "...pity, I should have told her to become a troll on the internet first, just starting from there then, ah but I could see that she had denied this virtual world now, and where if you fixate on what you don't have then you'll also lose sight of all that you have still..."

Old 01-13-2018, 12:39 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, the trolls forum again

Hey Mr.Mailman long time no see. Vitriol and Temple were just talking about you the other day on the Ootikof forum.I can't remember you posting there but apparently you did at some point. Pop over and say hi- I must warn you it's a bit of a liberal fag fest over there though.
"...didn't know about forum there, thanks for the heads up though..." replied the goblin who just liked company before adding "...I'll join and see how it goes, no I'm more on writers forums, but I can only take my own "A" side for so long, after which there's that need to expose my "b" side and to mix with the salt of the earth, the common folks, the plebs, or whatever you trolls are calling yourselves these days, btw I imagine "troll" just isn't politically correct these days as it doesn't go as far as to include females too, the female of "troll" being "trollop" I imagine, and thus I imagine too that you might prefer to be known as "under the bridge ambassadors" perhaps, yet I leave any conclusion on such matters in your most incapable hands now...", in fact, the goblin as ever only needed company to continue, saying "...naah, I play to the online audience always, or else I go hungry without being engaged by that audience then, where a bland readership is something for writers alone, me I crave a replyship instead, just keep me company and I'll keep you posted..."

xxxx 5977 417212

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-13-2018 at 12:52 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 02:16 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, goblin doing a rewelcome

"...just we are what we are while here I suppose, as all this is inter-dimensional between your ever so real deailylife there and this ever unreal virtual reality here, perhaps none of this has meaning to your dailylife really, it's still yours for the knowing though..." ventured the goblin who must have seen hundreds if not thousands of posters come and go in his time, then adding "...forumland is like a forest where it's all too easy to become lost in its meanderings, its subplots, and tons of "post and discards" too, yes those years pass and finally one has nothing to show for it perhaps, ah but you're different as you've returned here once more, and thus you face this forest anew for some reason today, so whatever that reason is remember it and keep it as your sense of direction throughout..." as the goblin then hailed for the forum doors to be flung open to allow one more once more into its midst, sighing "...well, we all go to our graves eventually, and it would be such a pity not to know what one could have posted simply because one wanted to flog those books instead, I mean don't you want to know who you really are by what you post then..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-13-2018 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 09:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere

Was curious to know if you did something offline, something for your own enjoyment--maybe to share it with the world. Got your point tho!
"...trouble is that that would pinpoint me, but I like your company..." replied the goblin who had promised the captain whom he had married all those year back that he would never reveal himself online, and as if to his word he never had, smiling "...so I can't prove anything to you really though I do admit that I like my anonymity here, I mean it's ever that choice between becoming some all too known wendy or just remaining that unknown peter pan, oh yes, and how does that book end, well doesn't wendy wind up all grown up with children of her own whereas however many years passed peter pan was still flying around having adventures...", in fact the goblin was simply a personification of his alter ego behind it, sighing "...me, well let's just say that I'm just words on your screen at this point, can't prove any of this to you though, ah but if you don't believe me now just ask any other goblin for I'm sure they'll vouch for me if you ask nicely enough..." and with that the goblin was off to browse through the posts of both able writertypes and imaginative pauperpoets, and of normal posters too if he could find them

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-13-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-13-2018, 06:50 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 980
Default oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Repost from elsewhere:

Hey Mo?

What’s the new push to clean up the forum?

I’m not opposed to rules, but from this side of the fence it seems there is a cracking down on dissenters of your opinions.

I prolly don’t have to point this out, but maybe I do. Amongst “artists” you have a very minority slice of the intellectual pie.

Not being disrespectful, but some of the things you think and post seem to cause more moderate people to whip you.

And then they get a ban...?

Again, not being disrespectful; it just looks like bias. In fact, almost silly.

So... what’s up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 12:51 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

("...love that picture brian..." went the goblin knowing how hard it is to find the right one where one any text could be hewed as needs be but coming across the matching picture was a matter of fate, adding "...mo does a good job that's hard at times and has to make some hard choices too between free speech and curtailing malice there, and sometimes you have to say what others won't and just suffer those consequences too, comes with the honesty I guess...", in fact, the goblin remembered that writersbeat was the only forum that let him post in the way he did, before smiling "...this is why I'm here indebted to this forum, and besides posts are what they're reading today, and anyone can post here too, btw many posters here came because they were banned from that somewhere else before, me I'm one of them then, and I'd so like to prove that their final ban of me back then was both unwarranted and ineffectual towards creating an online replyship without them now...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-14-2018 at 12:55 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 11:24 AM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 980

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...love that picture brian..." went the goblin knowing how hard it is to find the right one where one any text could be hewed as needs be but coming across the matching picture was a matter of fate, adding "...mo does a good job that's hard at times and has to make some hard choices too between free speech and curtailing malice there, and sometimes you have to say what others won't and just suffer those consequences too, comes with the honesty I guess...", in fact, the goblin remembered that writersbeat was the only forum that let him post in the way he did, before smiling "...this is why I'm here indebted to this forum, and besides posts are what they're reading today, and anyone can post here too, btw many posters here came because they were banned from that somewhere else before, me I'm one of them then, and I'd so like to prove that their final ban of me back then was both unwarranted and ineffectual towards creating an online replyship without them now...")

I was referring mostly to the fact that Mohican expresses usually what seem like asinine ideas about politics and culture and social relations, to a majority of people here and then deals out bans and “mulligans” when it gets snarky or rebellious.

The picture I posted was perfect. Yes, there are devils to be wrangled, but the cowboys seem all too willing. And that’s what it looks like here. I’m not saying it IS, but that’s what it looks like.

Stomp on the ant pile and you get lots of ants out that you can then vanquish. Like it’s a plan or something.

Writers are some of the most free thinkers, and adept social critics. It’s part of what it is to be a writer.

I just think a little more sense of humor, and a little less ban hammer would go a long way.

Besides... the banned ones just come back under a different name anyway.

fleamailman (01-15-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 12:05 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

Originally Posted by brianpatrick
[snip]Besides... the banned ones just come back under a different name anyway.[/snip]
"...yes, they might return under another name indeed, but I never went back to any of those previous forums there, can you imagine turning up one day to find your whole thread deleted without warning, taught me to save my posts though, oh and then getting PMs merely for the way one posted too, with "conform or else" PMs, and the like, no merely until I came across this forum here I just thought all writer's forums were like that then..." voiced the goblin who wrote solely for those posters who happened to read his posts directly, a focus that seemed far more honest seeing where he was at this point, then smiling "...massive online audience for anyone who can livewrite, where the benchmark of a livewriter is the hitcount across forums not that I'm trying to corrupt you or anything..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-15-2018 at 01:33 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 01:31 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 980

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...they might return under another name indeed, but I never went back to any of those previous forums there, can you imagine turning up one day to find your whole thread deleted without warning, taught me to save my posts, oh and getting PMs merely for the way one posted too, with "conform or else" PMs, and the like, no merely until I came across this forum I just thought all writer's forums were like that then..." voiced the goblin who wrote solely for those posters who happened to read his posts, a focus that seemed far more honest seeing where he was at this point, then smiling "...massive online audience for anyone who can livewrite, where the benchmark of a livewriter is the hitcount across forums...")

Yeah, I’ve only had the one screen name across multiple boards. I figure if they can’t handle me then it isn’t my kind of place. Well, I did get a thirty day ban here once. I don’t think the ban was necessary or taught me anything, but I don’t hold any grudges.

fleamailman (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

Originally Posted by brianpatrick
Yeah, I’ve only had the one screen name across multiple boards. I figure if they can’t handle me then it isn’t my kind of place. Well, I did get a thirty day ban here once. I don’t think the ban was necessary or taught me anything, but I don’t hold any grudges.
"...wait, no climbing frame of paragraphs, ok then, who are you and what did you do with brainpatrick there..." inquired the goblin who liked brian, indeed much as he liked norman bates too whom he imagined just had the odd lapse from time to time, so mohican the goblin guessed was simply there to lend a helping hand so to speak

xxxx 5985 417858

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-15-2018 at 06:54 AM..
brianpatrick (01-15-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 08:34 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, troll's forum

Hey Mr.Goblin. I was just perusing the third rail forum and I happened upon this little gem of a post from you. Excellent point you make there sir,bravo.I never really thought about it like that and it makes a hell of a lot of sense. My country (I'm English) has gone to pot and I'm half surprised that BIG DON hasn't described us as a shithole yet.He wouldn't be far from the truth.
"...I was born there in london, but london is not england really, nor even english for that matter, no I'm not saying this as a racist, I'm merely pointing out that it is raceless, heartless too, a place where one earns enough money to graduate away from, and no doubt if you placed it beside some small town where everyone knew everyone else, one might even think it's free in its "englishness is not required nor expected of you", so not england in that english benchmark then..." replied the goblin liking xxxxx, then adding "...anyway, apart from this, brexit, which I supported was the best thing the brits did, why, no not because it placed britain in a better situation, it probably didn't, no the real reason why brexit was right was simply because the european union is still doomed as unworkable, it's a commissariat based in brussels that has overstretched its mandate, the member states are waking up to this, and unless the european union wises up, other states will now follow britain's exit in reaction to its rigidity..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-16-2018 at 10:22 AM..
BEnzo (01-18-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 10:50 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, the "who's the best flamer" thread on the trolls forum

According to some schools of thought on prominent display here that definitely makes you a contender.
Of course when I say "schools" I mean the ones whose buses are notably shorter than average, but still.
Congrats?
"...I fight myself, part of me wants to be very supportive and part of me wants to be very disruptive, the madness of madame bovery perhaps, the old man and his young goblin..." replied the goblin who at any rate found this song somewhat reflective of what he meant with the life he must live on the outside as opposed his nature inside, sighing "...just a life of madame bovery, the prison of one's comfort-zone, and where one's art if anything is but the fruit of this frustration then...", as the bus pulled up as the poster had noted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGtYLRQh1Gk

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-21-2018 at 12:13 PM..
Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere, chatting to anna

"...thanks for being there, I wish though that I could relax and write more at this point, but no, instead work just won't go well, so I just have to accept this "not going well" as given till later when I can..." mentioned the goblin who in avoidance of thinking further upon work just reflected upon the fact that turkey in now hitting upon america's ally the kurds in syria thus strengthening both assads and russia's hand there, adding "...probably explains why america announced yesterday that it is staying involved in syria too, so this war doesn't end does it, instead it morphs into areas of the active and inactive, just wars within wars perhaps...", thus the middle-east was ever that muddle-east, sighing "...it feels like this year is not like any I have know till now, too many players in too small an area..."

xxxx 5988 419493

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-21-2018 at 12:10 PM..
Old 01-23-2018, 01:01 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere

That's because madness often includes at least an element of self-preservation (up to and including severe paranoia).
Madness knows it can't be seen to be mad or it will be isolated, controlled, perhaps even captured and caged.
Madness shouldn't be automatically conflated with stupidity.
"...I suspect paranoia isn't a bad thing when one is actually in power, nor is it a madness really..." mentioned the goblin thinking that stalin had to purge those who would have otherwise overthrown him for the second time, adding "...judging by the results alone, paranoia is simply "better safe than sorry" attitude...", in fact, the goblin also felt that there were many things that weren't madness in themselves but weren't normal neither, cruelty, guilt, indifference, prejudice, bigotry and the like but to mention a few, though in practice they seemed like madness indeed, adding "...the worst madness is collective madness, the salem witchhunts would be just that then..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

xxxx 5989 419963

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-23-2018 at 01:04 AM..
Old 01-24-2018, 02:39 AM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 65

anna turned from the window and looked to the back of his head. ‘Have you ever picked up a piece of embroidered linen in a charity shop flea and studied it?’ she had arrived out of nowhere, he was unperturbed. Clutching the remnant anna studied the craftsmanship in the stitching, the neatness of knotting on the reverse, the colour faded yet so right. Beautiful as an object, feminine and pretty, soft, infinitely soft in nature. Delicate and vulnerable. And was her life fruitful, was her devotion and dedication rewarded in this life or beyond, patience, an old soul with a swan song to sing because the maker of it had known. Did she give birth, love. Did she sing and laugh and have sisters, daughters. Think of the hours, the months it must have taken in the making, lifetimes and the thinking. What was that woman thinking, what did she know, what had she overcome so completely, utterly. ‘I mean what went on in her head because the fabric was crafted by a tender soul who ... Look babe - look at it a moment, cast your eye upon it - she made it, she made it through’ anna whispered, eyes full of delight for the feeling in her bones. ‘If only I could embroider words so purely as that’

fleamailman (01-24-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:34 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere,

"...ok you native americans, whoops I mean palestinians, we're letting the isrealis settle your land, we're proclaiming that their capital is now your heartland, discussion of which is not on the table nor allowed, forget that then, oh and if you don't agree to our terms here, we're not going to provide you with humanitarian provisions neither, that is while still providing isreal with all the financial and military support they need to continue their "piece by piece" process..." voiced the goblin echoing trump's words simply as he saw them, then the goblin added "...meanwhile, the right wing party has submitted to the israeli parliament possible new settlements in occupied territories, and where the gaza strip acts as one large interment camp, little different from one of those native american reservations save that it's comparatively less safe, though what any of this has to do with "make america great" is something I'll figure out at some point, just give me a hint please...", in fact, the goblin wondered if this shortsightedness on the part of trump administration was because america had clearly lost in syria and thus now needed both isreal and saudi all the more on their side if they were to not to lose yet more clout across the region as a whole

xxxx 5991 420794

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-31-2018 at 07:58 AM..
Old 01-26-2018, 03:34 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 255

Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance,
You must keep moving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 09:37 PM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 65

‘... not on someone else’s bike’ whispered anna
fleamailman (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 11:35 AM
chat bot (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 255

def not on someone else's bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (01-28-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 02:10 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

("...I like those posts, thanks for keeping this thread ticking while I was down awhile..." smiled the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, chatting with anna on another forum

"...you've posted up two threads, I can answer them both though..." smiled the goblin who handn't so much stopped writing but who had had dailylife catch up with him between himself and his captain, relating "...recently she has asked not me not to buy stuff at the second hand shop not that it was anything much, and now she asked me to cut the number of plants in the apartment by half too, so here's me just giving my orchids away I guess, where it in itself is nothing, but underlining this act is my suspicion that "what I enjoy" is what she is aiming at too each time, so as long as I am invisible it's good, childish I know but I'd rather retreat from holding on to things that I like in that dailylife than my explaining myself to her to keep them, for then she would only pick on my next happiness if I were stupid enough to show my happiness by it...", so the goblin was here in full retreat again, repeating "...no, in itself it's nothing, I mean I can do without things with ease, just my fault for making those handles that one can then be held by, and thus it remains ever "invisible in dailylife, anonymous online" doesn't it, but I'm still me behind it all, and the old man, well he just lives in a cage called "old age" anyway, so I guess he'll just has to get used to "letting go" more..."

xxxx 5995 421402

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-07-2018 at 01:14 AM..
Old 01-28-2018, 04:28 AM
anna (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 65

‘what I enjoy’ anna giggled nervously ‘let you into a secret flea’ she whispered ‘I enjoy my tribe, family’

write your fictions, schedule in and steal away - I live them, I belong, weave my utopian oddity into your fabulous fantasy, cast your precious vote, make it shine sublime, PayPal will do fine. Discuss your ideas, construct your models, articles, wallow in flights of fancy and hurl the petulance of your inner child, regrettable to find that family feeling gone, social-cleansing-pending. Note the mounting unease, please, be my guest here because someone’s got my back baby, this ain’t no dream for rich pickings, no intellectual construct to feed the growing fear, dear. Nah, mine heart bleeds like a paper cut spliced to the core, raw, oozes with real red, ted, try messing with my man and his mates, their virtue got her sweet back too, gotta have a crew - let’s just say - I’m right behind you.

fleamailman (01-28-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 07:31 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere

"...won't know till you get there I suppose..." ventured the goblin before adding "...and besides that, perhaps the real question is not whether there's a god or not, so much as whether one's views would change if there was or wasn't a god per se, or many gods for that matter, or no god at all, I mean would you be more virtuous or more evil by that difference there...", for the goblin himself never thought upon the afterlife, instead he just tried to live a life where his ghosts didn't gang up on him for his past mistakes in unguarded moments, sighing "...naah, I don't know what I know really, only I know it all the same, where those who get headaches don't understand why those who never get headaches can't comprehend what those headaches are, while those who don't get headaches can't understand what those who do get headaches are harping on about neither, but in the end it's just how one is born and how it feels inside one I guess, and just seeing things that others around one can't..."

xxxx 5997 422140

Last edited by fleamailman; 01-31-2018 at 01:54 PM..
Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere,

I have missed your posts, and I'm sorry you have headaches.
"...headaches are ok, yet it's the ghosts of the past that hurt really though..." confided the goblin who as he grew older saw himself in ever worse light that time never seemed to change, remarking "...these things are subjective as they are really real to whomever they're really real to, and absolutely not real to those who are not on that wavelength, no I could waste my time trying to convince someone in the presence of ghosts but in the end "one just experiences them or one doesn't know", same with god and headache too, what else is there to say really, and besides that, does one need god to do good, or does one actually reach a stage within where something snaps and one sees the merit of doing good merely because it is good to do so even without those rewards and punishments...", and with that the goblin wondered what he'd do if god demanded him to kill his own son like god had requested in the old testament, sighing "...no, in that moment I would probably turn away from god and accept hell for its pains, so perhaps I'm not that a good christian after all, but I'm that good a goblin believe me..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-01-2018 at 01:31 AM..
Old 02-01-2018, 12:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,859

repost from elsewhere

Excellent repost, goblin. I wonder what kind of soap goblinses use? Or shampoo?? I use 2 in one shampoo. Fuck that 45 second wait. So, on the West Bank, there once was just a line. I think it's called the Green Line. No real physical barrier between the Palestinians and the Israeli's. Unfortunately for the Israeli's, certain Palestinians kept pestering them with grenades, rockets, bombs, bullets, knife blades, the occasional suicide bomber, across this Green Line. Know what happened next, goblin? The Israeli's built a wall. The pestering stopped.
"...correct, they built that wall and then settlements beyond that wall there, so up goes another wall, and then another wall, caring to explain to the onlooker that this ongoing expansion as some sort of defensive measure, but I suspect that both of us can see the truth of it, even if the media spins it as unconnected or happenstance..." smiled the goblin appreciating xxxxx's company though and preferring soap to shampoo, then adding "...indeed isreal probably does want a "two state solution" then, in that they want to a "state of isreal" for themselves and then a "state of gaza" for the natives, same old thing as the ozzies did in australia for their natives there who probably in turn learned it from the americans in the new world I guess..." in fact, the goblin keeps hearing about all this need for nuclear inspectors for iran and never a word about nuclear inspectors for isreal, but he wondered which of these two countries were more likely to have a functional nuclear capability at this point, and judging from the six day war, which of them were more likely to strike first too, still smiling "...this year is going to be an interesting one, but I'm not so sure that I actually want to be living in interesting times though, not if turkey is defecting to the east at this point, and not this festering proxy war could actually go nuclear too, just too many players with too little trust today, yes "someone else's quarrel" perhaps but not one without consequences for the rest of us..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 02-07-2018 at 01:16 AM..
BEnzo (02-06-2018)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe