WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Mackenzie Sloane

Old 08-02-2009, 04:16 PM
ZiggaZil (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZiggaZil
Default Mackenzie Sloane

Hello. I'm Lieutenant Colonel Mackenzie Sloane. Though no one calls me that. I'm either Lieutenant Colonel Sloane to my subordinates or Mac to my friends. Or mom to my daughters. I have three daughters, precious and beautiful to me. Loraine, Emily, and Jillian Carlisle. I was married. When I was twenty five I married their father for 17 years before he perished in a car crash five years ago. And if you were listening and good at math, you know that'd make me 47.

My oldest is Jillian. A spitfire redhead, just like myself. She acts like me as well. Stubborn, determined, strong-willed, red hair, vivid green eyes. Beautiful and stubborn. And she worries the hell out of me now that she's enlisted and shipped off.

My middle daughter, Emily, is the most like her father. Blonde hair and blue eyes, she's the quietest of the three. Intellectual and calm under pressure. She reminds me of their father so much. Though I don't cry when I think of him. At times I wonder if I loved him really or just what he gave me. We had a good life together, but my heart had belonged to another a long time ago. I suppose I never got it back.

Loraine, my youngest and graduating high school, worries me the most. The most social of the three and the most adventurous by far. Spirited and stubborn and has her father's hair and my eyes.

I'm Lieutnenant Colonel over Special Forces at Fort Meyer, a position I hold with great esteem. My father had once been a general himself, still is in title, though retired. I suppose I'm following his footsteps now, though I never wanted too after my firs experience with Special. But here I am. Balancing motherhood with duty.

I fear for Jillian's life and I know that something has to be done. Beta team has been offline for nearly twenty four hours and time is running short. But there are no Ghost teams overseas close enough to help and our own Alpha team is still training. They want to send in Recon but I won't let them. Recon is designated to bring back the dead bodies. They don't have the training to bring back live ones. So that leaves me, a mother with a duty to her daughter and country, caught in the crossfire.

I could of course assemble the old Alpha team, my team, but would that get anywhere? I know that at least one of the three other team mates will be difficult to track down let alone wrench into duty again, but I have no other options.

Zero.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm spastic. Adventurous. And stuck in perpetual song-writer's block. Be afraid.
"I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free." -- Charles Dickens

Old 08-07-2009, 07:50 AM
Firefly (Offline)
I'm The Crazy One

Thanks 722

Hi there Mac! (Can I call you Mac?)

I was just wondering how long you've been in the military for? It is the Army, isn't it? Special forces being the Green berets? **I only ask because I don't believe that there are a special force in Fort Meyer??? Aren't they only at Fort Bragg?**

Why do you fear for your daughter's life? Has something happened to make you feel that way?

What do you mean you need to reassemble and send out an old team? I'm confused . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:48 PM
ZiggaZil (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZiggaZil

Mac's great.

I enlisted in Special Forces when I was eighteen and dear God, you're stuck in the past. That was ages ago, Green Berets were. It's 2047 here now. You see, and hope you don't mind a quick history course, but the War on Terrorism was a joke. Distracted the US while Russia formed and plotted all over again. Soon enough, shabang, we had a new nuclear enemy known as NUCR, NeoUnion of Communist Republics. Basically...all of Asia and Russia. So to set the scene, it's NUCR against us and with the delicate nuclear balance in order, we needed a new branch to go in under cover and get our boys a safe space to move in.

So the Ghost Operations was formed as a sub branch under Special. My daddy, Colonel Sloane, started the Alpha team at Fort Meyer. Several others have their own teams they're in charge of. Bragg is Beta, McPherson is Charlie, so on so forth. The Ghost Teams have four members, a captain, medic, gunner, and marksmen. And you are cover operations group. You eat, sleep, and liv together until your team is rendered incapacitated for duty.

It's complicated, and really I shouldn't be telling you so much as it is. But you're young and interested. Great.

As for my daughter, her team, Beta Team, was ambushed at the Ryazan Pass. The most dangerous warzone in NUCR today. It connects Moscow and Saratov, two of the powerhouses for NUCR combatants. Her team is offline and isolated, MIA and good as lost. I'm her mother. I'm damn worried. But I have a duty to my country as well as my family.

In other words, if I go over there again, I don't think I'll be coming back alive. We're at a breaking point here. We know where Kazamir Sergetov, the NUCR Dictator, is at. Saratov. He's holed up in a bunker there and the Allies need to blow his ass to smithereens. But whoever does so is on a suicide mission.

No, if I go, I won't be coming back. Lest God has his angel pull me out one more time. But I've had my share of guardian angels pulling me out. It's someone else's turn.

So I need to assemble by team to retrieve my daughter and her team. I will not abandon her. I won't abandon them. But the situation is delicate, one that only a Ghost can manuever around. And as I said before, there are now avaible teams to get to Ryazan Pass in time. We have days, maybe hours, to get in there. Delicate timing and structure is what we're about, kid.

I'm spastic. Adventurous. And stuck in perpetual song-writer's block. Be afraid.
"I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free." -- Charles Dickens

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics