WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 10-17-2017, 12:56 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, the goblin welcoming a "post and run" agian

"...welcome to writersbeat, well if you wish to be part of writersbeat that is..." smiled the goblin suspecting too that that blog method was all too egocentric to get readers wandering off form here to read you elsewhere instead, let alone when one is quite unknown to ones readers to begin with, to which the goblin just shrugged, repeating "...when you do any post on this forum those readers are probably going to read it if only because it's both easy to read in itself, and open to a reply too, so why not start your book, or your blog, or just about anything else for that matter, from within the post itself, pulling them towards your pen while they're already reading you now...", whereupon the goblin politely put up a cupped hand to his ear to no avail he imagined, while hoping too that xxxxx would not take this hard earned insight badly, yet the goblin had long learned by now that the more one was there for one's readers the more those readers around one would take note of one's efforts towards them, sighing "...much like what they say about hollywood, there's no elsewhere while here, so one reposts from elsewhere, yes indeed, but there is only ever this one "here and now" while here and all to a mindset that places one's readers no further away from oneself than at other end of one's post...", but that was just goblins for you, what with their sincere insincerity coupled with that wish to become that known unknown too, little wonder then why no one ever trusted them with their thoughts, asking "...so are you here or there then, is it going to be "you here now" or just your elsewhere still..."

xxxx 5880 393424

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-17-2017 at 09:50 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 01:26 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, chatting with anna

"...oh yes, they have their agenda for sure, so I guess we're going to have to get used to whatever those search engines steer us towards now, and from whatever they want to steer us away from too, where profit is not their only motive in the manipulation of search results as there is ever that need to "control the narrative" just as they have done to date...", where in the end the goblin felt that the powers that be would bring to the internet under the same level of control that they held the media in general under, relating "...a journalist who has an editor to be that journalist there can't be one really, likewise a publication that needs a publisher can't be any freer than that journalist is, and above all any broadcasting company that needs a broadcasting licence to operate under is either state owned or state ordained, so in this light of this observation we should use this relative freedom while it lasts to further our aims if any, but we shouldn't expect it to be allowed to remain unfettered indefinitely, nor expect them to not to thinking of how to "control the agenda" towards us, for they are as they have been..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-17-2017 at 09:03 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 08:57 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, another welcome here

"...welcome to the forum with the right decorum..." went the goblin not quite sure what that actually meant though, only that it sounded like something befitting the occasion here, a welcome where indeed xxxxx was most welcome now, whereupon the goblin dipped his hand in his pocket and pulled out yet another "writersbeat fedility card", saying "...please take this card from me, it's not much but it's more or less the same idea as the supermarket, save that instead of points to it you get hits instead, as in those views to your posts, so let's say you do a post and it gets some hits, more posts gets more hits then, well depending upon your talent, where after a while your talent gets you some recognition, then a reputation, followed by a following ever, right on the point where it doesn't matter which thread nor which forum, readers just show up to see what you have just written regardless, alas more than this little card here I cannot offer you really, but perhaps it might help you understand my world of livewriting here...", and with that the goblin just snapped for the forum doors to be flung wide open to allow yet one more into its midst

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-17-2017 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-17-2017, 09:47 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, another welcome in the introduction section here

"...welcome to writersbeats and to whomever might be upon it today too..." went the goblin not quite sure if he should mention that most probably meant those writertypes and pauperpoets again, restarting "...no they're not a bad lot really, it's just that they're not the kind of solution you seek while having a calamity, feeling suicidal, or just trying to fathom the future of america today, which is the same thing I might add...", and with that the goblin brushed his reservations aside and just held out his hand in a welcoming gesture, saying "...no I envy you your youth, but if it's ok with you I'd rather partake in some of that coffee there, and those imaginary biscuits too if I may, where all but everything here is imaginary anyway, yes it's just a virtual reality for as far as the eye can see, but then again what's another word for "virtual reality" if not "fiction" now, thus you and I are practitioners of fiction aren't we, and all you have to do my dear human is pull those readers towards your pen by way of those posts of yours, yes it's that simple even if simple is not always that easy, for the words are as if steps of the plot, they have to be both credible continuous and footsure...", to which the goblin then dunked the biscuit gently into his coffee before carefully lifting it to his lips in some pliant smile of expectation

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-20-2017 at 02:00 AM..
Old 10-18-2017, 02:14 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere

"...just that which cannot be avoided has to be endured I suppose..." ventured the goblin guessing that most folks thought trump could change the fundamentals somehow, or that trump was to blame then, at least they thought that trump mattered even, but what was really happening was not anything in america really, it was to do with its trade partners instead, it's creditors as it were, for they were moving away from the dollar without so much as saying so, where military action if anything would only hasten the pace too, and where the euro unbelievably was gaining credibility in spite of the monthly 60billion euro bondizations meant ostentatiously to stimulate business but in practice was actually meant to stop precisely this type of "alternative to the dollar" from arising, so the goblin just laughed saying "...little wonder then why the head of the ECB mario draghi wants to make it 100billion a month now...", so the currency of trade would become that lone currency that didn't devalue itself from within, and as of yet, and as it stood too, there were no candidates to fit the bill here, sighing "...it must be awful to be a journalist who knows in his heart the simple truths he can't report with his pen...", where this age will be remembered if at all not by its benign politics today but by its gradual shift in trading methods and payments, "...ah yes, what cannot be avoided has to be endured, we know for sure, but what choice do we have really..." repeated the goblin from the line he had started out from

xxxx 5884 393721

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-20-2017 at 01:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
BEnzo (10-19-2017)
Old 10-20-2017, 01:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, the "nazi IQ" thread on a troll's forum

"...ah no, the nazis despised intellectuals though they themselves were anything but stupid, where probably their downfall was that they were repeatedly over confident as to both their own "might is right" credence, holding those around them as beings inferior lacking conviction, and to that growing expectation of appeasement by those whom they confronted, so it is this overconfidence then, rather than any stupidity on their part, that actually doomed them in the end..." mentioned the goblin who remembered hitler writing in his book intellectuals are like chickens who run around with no heads, so the goblin restarted "...no let's be honest here, wasn't it the victors of the first world war who created the very debt climate that brought hitler into power, and if that debt, the one that broke germany's financial system back in those days, reminds one of the debt that is placed upon the citizens of "the west" to support this banking structure alone today, then I dare say that the same scenario will ensue regardless of whichever ideology is behind it now..."

xxxx 5885 394400

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-20-2017 at 04:31 AM..
Old 10-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 39

"If I may pose a question, my ever so gracious host Flea, why do all your posts in other threads seem to be guarded by a pair of Parenthesis?" Lockette asked, seeing no visible explanation. BUt this didn't mean anything. He frequently missed the meaning behind things.
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

"...good question, it's part of a larger idea here.." went the goblin thinking about it now, then mustering up a reply of sorts, explaining "...well, a contorted grammar usage kind of hides the person behind it, moreover, most painters have studied those painting rules at length but they've then needed to break out of those rules to stand out, just that "if you write like everyone else than like everyone is how it becomes" idea then, also anyone can copy my posts reposting them wherever they wish to, where my anonymity should stop me from caring even...", the goblin was lying though because being reposted flattered his ego no end, like being read did too, not that that meant anything when one was anonymous though, then adding "...but if they leave the layout as it is in its reposting then most folks will note its author straight off...", but on a more practical note the goblin put the dialogue in ellipses, and anything he felt needed underlining, "the points" as such, in parenthesis if only because once the reader knew what the trick was about then it was easier to read, smiling "...btw if the reader can tell the author by the way it's written, then the persona is solid behind the work, for example you've seen Grace's posts, that unmistakable fluidity of pen there, those images she conjures up too, so today she's like "the fool" in the tarot pack with all forumland like at her feet, I mean "it's one life once", so Lockette would you care to walk with us like this, naah, there is no right way to write in life, there is only your way to write really, guess that's what this journey to self is all about then..."

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; Today at 12:56 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (Yesterday), Lockette (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM
Lockette (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 39

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
"...good question, it's part of a larger idea here.." went the goblin thinking about it now, then mustering up a reply of sorts, explaining "...well, a contorted grammar usage kind of hides the person behind it, moreover, most painters have studied those painting rules at length but they've then needed to break out of those rules to stand out, just that "if you write like everyone else than like everyone is what it becomes" idea then, also anyone can copy my posts reposting them wherever they wish to, where my anonymity should stop me from caring even...", the goblin was lying though because being reposted flattered his ego no end, like being read did too, not that that meant anything when one was anonymous though, then adding "...but if they leave the layout as it is in the repost then most folks will note its author straight off...", but on a more practical note the goblin put the dialogue in ellipses, and anything he felt needed underlining, "the points" as such, in parenthesis if only because once the reader knew what the trick was about then it was easier to read, smiling "...btw if the reader can tell the author by the way it's written, then the persona is solid behind the work, for example you've seen Grace's posts, that unmistakable fluidity of pen there, those images she conjures up too, so today she's like "the fool" in the tarot pack with all forumland like at her feet, I mean "it's one life once", so Lockette would you care to walk with us like this, naah, there is no right way to write in life, there is only your way to write really, guess that that is what this journey to self is all about..."

*snipity snip snip*
" Ahh, I see now," Lockette smiled, his tightly drawn face contorting into something that resembled happiness, if ever so slightly. "It's a means to an end, where such an end would be recognition. One could read your posts, and immediately know from the first sentence that it was of your creation." Lockette paraphrased, adding " If I may say so, your posts are the most recognizable of any I've seen in forumland as of late. Quite an accomplishment, one deserves a medal, I think."

Last edited by Lockette; Yesterday at 01:05 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lockette For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (Yesterday), Grace Gabriel (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:41 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

Originally Posted by Lockette View Post
" Ahh, I see now," Lockette smiled, his tightly drawn face contorting into something that resembled happiness, if ever so slightly. "It's a means to an end, where such an end would be recognition. One could read your posts, and immediately know from the first sentence that it was of your creation." Lockette paraphrased, adding " If I may say so, your posts are the most recognizable of any I've seen in forumland as of late. Quite an accomplishment, one deserves a medal, I think."

"...it's just what I'm up against I suppose..." repeated the goblin, years at it by now, continuing "...in that most folks think that they'll write something first and then set out to find those readers afterwards, and yet forumland here doesn't work like that, no instead it's all about one's persona here and maintaining that benchmark therein, you're on stage now, the audience is already reading you...", the goblin reached over to his coffee to think over the next bit, while the day outside was a windy overcast of indifference poised between rain or sunshine, the goblin seated below in the bistro felt this could go either way then, so he restarted "...odd isn't it, I mean a livewriter is only ever a few posts away from his own oblivion, meaning they don't even remember yesterday's posts, all giving this a context of "live" now, moreover one can't make the post too long or else they'll give it a miss on normal forums, no they simply want "short interactive content"...", where alas writers forums differed in that respect placing writertypes at a distinct disadvantage whenever they wished to converse with normal folks probably because they added paragraphs making the post look far too long, the goblin restarted, concluding "...it's fun when there are no rules per se, but the hitcount to one's posts is ever one's readability, whereas a persona of something is just easier for them to remember than some username is, and the rest is just how you wish to paint your posts I guess, so let your hitcount be your guide, readers follow livewriters or they aren't livewriters, you'll see..."

xxxx 5889 395011

Last edited by fleamailman; Today at 11:31 AM..
Lockette (Today)
Old Today, 01:14 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, the troll's forum

Isn't posting here like journaling?
"...well only if one keeps a record of what one posts I guess..." ventured the goblin suspecting that few here saw their own posts as a journal per se, then adding "...otherwise those years will simply pass with nothing to show for all one's time upon this forumland here...", and then the goblin corrected himself slightly, saying "..well yes, nothing to show to others perhaps, but on the other hand one can always form one's opinion through conversing with others around one, so there is that then, where a lot just depends upon which topics that one chooses to post about, with whom one wishes to post with too, and above all what one wants to from one's posts in one's anonymity...", in fact, the goblin often read through the posts seeing if he could relate to something, relating "...no, it's better to have someone's "wrong opinion" than have to put up with everyone else's "no opinion at all", got to selfish lest it becomes selfless...", and with that the goblin just moved onto the next thread, where didn't matter really, everywhere was just forumland to him

Last edited by fleamailman; Today at 11:12 AM..
Grace Gabriel (Today)
Old Today, 11:21 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,764

repost from elsewhere, another welcome here

"...well, me I'm an outstanding example of "how not to write" really..." remarked the goblin never one to miss a welcome here though, then adding "...no, the trouble with writing is that everyone knows what they want to read next, that bit is easy enough, only that what they don't know is that they won't enjoy reading it when they do because it's what they had expected to begin with, so I guess that you as some imaginative writer here will have to come up with that which they didn't know that they wanted to read now, yes but I digress don't I...", whereupon the goblin just tapped the red welcoming carpet with his toe turning it momentarily as green as a traffic light, ever so wondrously green he felt, remarking"...naah, never could understand why you human like red carpets so much, mind you I never could understand why anyone would read my posts neither, so no you haven't read this far now have you, good because this forum does have writing standards to maintain, or so I'm told that is..."and with that the goblin was off to hit the "new post" button again since the forum was on the up and ups he felt

XXXX 5891 395144

Last edited by fleamailman; Today at 12:15 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (Today), Lockette (Today)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe