WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

and then the goblin showed up

Old 11-15-2017, 06:42 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,823
Default and then the goblin showed up

"...hi..." said the goblin, wondering if he'd even come to the right place is though, besides his thoughts were more on the coffee machine at this point, so he just continued "...well there's not really much to say about me, married with kids I suppose, yes that's me then..." and then something crossed his mind "...you see, the trouble in one's introduction is simply that if you never meet the other person then there's absolutely no way to prove anything since these are just words on your screen and the reader is blind by it, I mean anyone of us could be just anything then, who knows I could even be a human for that matter MYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no no just joking then, thought it was funny though..."

Old 11-15-2017, 09:29 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 20
Default Discovery

Looks to me like you are Aladdin, and you've just discovered the goblin sitting on top of all the gold in the cave!

Thanks for adding a detail to keep you from floating around unanchored. I like to assume it is true, at least in this context, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Compliments of the Author: Debbie Bumstead
Old 11-15-2017, 10:18 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

Originally Posted by Luciaphile View Post
Looks to me like you are Aladdin, and you've just discovered the goblin sitting on top of all the gold in the cave! Thanks for adding a detail to keep you from floating around unanchored. I like to assume it is true, at least in this context, right?
("...well it all kind of boils down to two choices really, that of being an aging wendy or an ageless peter pen, where both have their pros and cons I guess but where oddly there's a certain honesty to oneself at least in remaining anonymous, but there's also an understanding that one cannot own anything by it, one is just read here and that's an end to it..." started the goblin hoping that Debbie's being on writersbeat would forward her towards her readers and get her even more known than she is already, being her choice between those two choices then, whereas the goblin himself sought only to become a known unknown at best, smiling "...ah yes, nothing like anonymous recognition now is there, but I can't write without that feeling that they're reading me in these posts now, and that just maybe that they might want to reply back too, me I just love the liveness of these posts, and what it means to have all forumland to walk across...", whereupon the goblin then drew a circle in the air to reveal a small table and upon it only the finest filtered coffee now and a whole plateload of homemade biscuits too, before turning to Debbie with a hand gesture of help yourself then, then adding "...this is for writing that great composition "willoh and wo", btw I'll be in the writers cafe if you should care for company, the readership is good, and the readers are most welcome too, but to be honest now it's not the readers but the repliers that feed me my thoughts if any...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-18-2017 at 01:33 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (11-15-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 22

paragraphs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 10:16 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
paragraphs.
("...naah, you're just trying to corrupt me again, I mean who ever heard of a goblin who actually used paragraphs now, why next you'll request "full stops please" then other such sillinesses as "colons" and "semi colons", none of which those thumb texting readers understand I might add, and where if the text ever needed a paragraph in it then it actually needs two posts instead, meaning the post to me at least is more like a picture, its content is its view, its brushstrokes is its style, its hitcount is its popularity, and the whole effect speaks of its painter to you, where thankfully no one goes around saying "look here, you've got to paint like everyone does", thus I'm as you see me here..." related the goblin never one to follow the crowd like that, then adding "...moreover, omitting the paragraph shortens the post, where what's the second thing someone first notes when coming across a post on a forum, "its length" after "whose post" I imagine...", where clearly each line that the goblin then added, especially those space-lines now, brought him just that many lines closer to that dreaded tl;dr limit that would cost him the reader's read for his assumptions, where not all readers across forumland were as generous concerning length as most writertypes would wish them to be, thus his smile then grew into a mischievous grin with the final words "...ah but I never ask you nor anyone else to write as I do, but then again such oddities are often better remembered in their absence than the correct way to write things are..." whereupon the goblin added a paragraph below the text here just to thank Chinspinner for having welcomed him without so much as a welcome then)

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-26-2017 at 03:38 AM..
Old 11-18-2017, 09:29 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

Then Grace turned up - momentarily suprised to find the long-established goblin introducing himself. Then the coffee engaged her brain and found her stomach like a warm hug. "And why not?, she shrugged, thinking of married couples scheduling 'date night' into their years of knowing, lest that knowing should become an untended wilderness of 'given'. And Grace considered her own crime of complacency in treating her cherished like hardy, perennial plants that were rarely attended to - yet reliably bloomed for her all the same. So Grace mentally zipped herself into her finest little black dress and applied some lipstick. Pulling out a chair for Flea, she lit the candle on the table before sitting down herself and looking into his eyes anew. "I'm Grace", she smiled, as the years rolled away. "Pleased to meet you."
Old 11-19-2017, 03:45 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

("...what would be more mine than that which I never hold on to by design..." replied the goblin knowing that Grace had her commitments elsewhere, that dailylife with her littleman there that depended upon her for real, so she came and went as she pleased, before adding "...in switzerland we're taught to pretend that the famous aren't such, and to just let them be too, that pretence I extend to you then, but secretly I want your signed autograph, and to go out of my way to be in your proximity...", in fact, the goblin started this thread with the same intro he always did whenever he landed somewhere, if only because he had practised "welcomes" often enough he felt, whereas now he could practice those "thankyous" too, adding "...you share my madness, they'll remember you and me perhaps, but if not then what does it matter as we'll still have had an adventure that only the mad can share in...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-19-2017 at 07:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
eripiomundus (11-21-2017), Grace Gabriel (11-19-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 04:13 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 119

Welcome to the forum Fleamailman. Getting cold in Switzerland around now I guess. Bern? Zurich? From whence doth thou hail?
The Following User Says Thank You to eripiomundus For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (11-27-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

("...yes geneva is cooling down indeed but it never gets as cold, nor real cold neither, well not like those other cities you mentioned there do..." replied the goblin thanking the hipo for welcoming him now, then adding "...but I shouldn't decide your persona here, maybe you'd like to be something other than a hipo now, it's just that most folks don't bother to remember usernames, and where writers depending solely upon their pen-names defeat the whole purpose of being here to be remembered I imagine, whereas a persona like hipo for you and a goblin for me just sinks into the memory and can't be forgotten however much one tries to...", another day off in the bistro again, the old man was seated opposite the table where a little girl held an enormous bun like a baton while her father likewise held a beer in his, they wait it seems and not much a conversation throughout too, as clearly they been told to wait there and amuse themselves by the mother who was no doubt shopping in the nearby coop, and the goblin too could that sense that the old man was remembering back while looking on, so the goblin just waved his finger at him sternly with a "no don't do that" gesture, as the old man looked back at the goblin, smiled his apology with those heavy eyes of his, and then typed on at whatever he was typing at, so the goblin turned back to the hipo now, saying "...sorry about him then, it's just that one has to protect the old from their memories, so that's my role here I guess, and if he didn't have me to reassure now, most would say he was a bit knocked off even...", the old man's fingers didn't even flinch form his keyboard at that utterance, no it was just normal as it were, where normal could be so individual too)

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-27-2017 at 01:49 AM..

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions