WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-20-2017, 04:34 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

(the goblin read Grace's and Anna's posts with alarm and was just there for a hug whenever need be then, knowing too that he was born with ears just meant for this kind of thing though, relating "...well I'm here to hear, that's me mostly...", in fact the goblin didn't want to confide that his mind was a ball of mucus at this point, but with the cold just came those colds again, adding "...now the best way to get rid of a cold is to give it to someone else, where humans do come most handy, um..., hugs anyone...")

repost from elsewhere

the goblin had learned his lesson now, yes on this his first day off in weeks, and with all that preparation the night before of purposely going to bed at 12h00pm with the sole intention of sleeping in till noon like his adult children did, he had just woken up at 06h00am like always then, "...naah, who do I think I'm kidding at my age, no rest for the wicked, indeed no rest for the withered neither..." joked the goblin not really laughing though, so instead and being fully awake now, his long bath had just floated his racing mind between those thoughts and their reflections, before he returned here to post anew, while somewhere in the connecting bedrooms his family slept on behind him in the predawn darkness still, concluding "...honestly, if I didn't have to go out and pay bills later, I might as well have turned back up at work considering the lack of difference this day off actually makes to me at my age..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-20-2017 at 06:05 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
BEnzo (09-20-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:20 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 105

It had been one of those days for the Hippo. A day thronging with the strains of emptiness and isolation. Familiar tunes, but deep and awful just the same. He thought about the drop-off he’d sought out another such time, but even a sudden stop seemed empty. “No” he said, sighing the sigh of a weary life, “There’s nothing in that either. But what else? I can’t touch yesterday, and I can’t hold tomorrow… Only now exists. And now is now is now forever. I’ll make my end another now, and it will be as much now then as it is now, so nothing will have been lost. Life will only get harder, after all, and the ammunition will only gather.”

Later, seeking distraction, the Hippo drifted to a writing site he was wont to visit, and broke four walls, saying “What? Are you talking about me right now? In the third person? What are you saying about me? Give me a look… “It had been one of those...” What’s this drivel? Knock it off man!”.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eripiomundus For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-20-2017), Grace Gabriel (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 08:23 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,024

(Oh Flea - no wonder we all love you. x)

"No, we'll have no droppng off", Grace chided, squeezing Hippo into a bone-crushing bear hug and kissing his cheek with the type of sink plunger smackeroony that would make his ears ring and leave his cheek red for at least a month. "No, you see we love you already", Grace explained, knowing within two sentences of his arrival on this site that he was the hippo for her. And Grace wound her arms around him and mentally hugged him so hard that the energy shot through her fingertips and seared through the keys to impregnate her words with the kind of magnificent voltage that made lightning bolts sneak a peek at the urinals and wither with envy. The kind of voltage that could fly through wires and cables to arrive at its destination and bound out of the screen like an invisible puppy - only to bowl you over with warmth and enthusiasm, forcing you to smile at its ridiculousness - laugh as those insatiable yet innocent kisses tickle your face. And Grace forced herself to put the hippo down, unable to resist an affectionate tug on his ear before she thrust her hands back into her pockets. "We're all having a bit of a day of it", she said, hoping at least that her hug had crossed the distance of miles and found him. "Sitting in a dark hole doesn't seem so bad when you strike a match to discover you're not alone in there", she finished.

https://youtu.be/VjEq-r2agqc

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-21-2017 at 11:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:21 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

repost from elsewhere, the "agnostics" thread

"...I wonder if colours can exist to someone who is blind from birth..." inquired the goblin not really sure if he qualified to be on the intellectual corner of the forum though, perhaps not then, what of it he shrugged, before adding "...same thing with ghosts I imagine, for either you see them thus not believing in them since you already know for yourself, or you don't see them and thus fall back upon believing instead as being something that which you don't experience yourself yet you dub as either "does" or "doesn't" exist only through your conviction about it...", much in the same manner the goblin also knew that most people had fading memories of their past whereas for those who wrote daily they had real ghosts by comparison, ghosts who returned within those writings while writing them out, and just how many times the goblin had encountered them by now he shuddered to recall even, just that line what you write writes you back obviously haunted him today, relating "...write continuously and you'll bump into your ghosts for sure, write about your dreams at night and they'll strengthen too together with your recollection of them, likewise, focus upon god and it will strengthen in exactly the same way as any other practice does, yet none of this is provable beyond your own experience of it, meaning there is no right way bar your own way alone I guess, as those who say that they believe in something merely state to me that they've fobbed off their homework for not trying to experience it for themselves, thus me I encourage you to write as always, yes but let's just say that my motives are ever to see you by it, yes your ghosts await you don't they, where sorry, your bookwriting escapades have never been my real motive in encouraging you to write in these posts here, but if it's any consolation more people read these posts today than most anything else going, for here it's just readers wishing to enter, ghosts wishing to exit, and you trying to write while that's going on around you, all just forumland then..", but then again what did it matter really for everyone knew that goblins couldn't be trusted from their encounters with them, smiling "...yes we are as we are I guess, but all that has its own compensations..."

xxxx 5853 386392

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-21-2017 at 12:37 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (09-20-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 05:09 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,024

And Grace blew in with a flurry of autumn leaves - feeling vaguely damp like the bottom sheet in a seaside B&B. She wrapped her cold fingers around a mug of tea and sat for a few minutes, waiting for them to warm enough to crash away on the keys like Liberace. A quick flex and twitch suggested they would do - just a post after all - not a Rachmaninov recital. She snapped on the desk lamp in defiance against such wintry mid-afternoon gloom, watching a crisp packet flatten itself against the window and slowly slide down like a cat begging for entry. The wind had played havoc with her hair - not so much tousled as full-on Medusa . "I read on one of Mo's threads that this site has got several members operating sock-puppet accounts", she finally typed, wanting a pee and another cuppa with equal urgency. Grace smiled, "Blimey Flea - there might really only be three members then" she typed, assuring him that she was ever and only Grace here - but wondering in a moment of Stephen King surrealism if she was in fact, the goblin's sock puppet. Grace shrugged, thinking this was by far the least complicated answer to all her existential lines of enquiry. "Warm yer hands then Flea", she grinned, "and any chance of some sunshine this afternoon?"

https://youtu.be/WEQb1MDbSPk

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-21-2017 at 05:12 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-21-2017)
Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,727

repost from elsewhere

the goblin for his part was having one those uneasy moments where he knew the basis of the plot, meaning the point he wanted to make about that increasing divergence between fiat currencies for the masses and the reserve currency as used to underwrite trade in, yet he was quite unable to find the right way to convey the idea across as meaningful, saying "...it's not always the case but often there's a loss of faith in the reserve currency just before an end of empire as marked by this divergence where the rich then revert to gold while the plebs get sucked into some black hole of inflation, no perhaps not as bad as germany's pre war days perhaps, no perhaps more like the end of the roman empire where one is dealing with two entirely separate currencies, one linked to gold while the other is in slow constant freefall...", his computer hummed, the night's silence brought subdued sounds to the fore, he continued "...just the dollar to date has been the reserve currency of trade, however, ever since america has decided to devalue its currency through reckless quantitative easing amongst other practices, that role has been seriously brought into question today with countries rightly asking themselves if holding such large amounts of dollars, such as american treasury bonds are, is truly the right way to retain real value now...", the goblin could see that his post wasn't really there yet, no doubt it would iron itself out eventually though right now it nagged at him still for both its airing and speculating upon, the conclusion being what he wondered, still further dedollarization perhaps, coupled with some war of distraction to hide it yet some more, just a changing of the guards in all but name, yet the night remained as dark on the outside of him as his thoughts were as slowgrinding within him, no that plot was there somewhere, only that the goblin wasn't quick enough to fully catch it with his pen, sighing "...events happening like autism, their repetition like amnesia, just history for the most part is this denial of this future round the corner..."

xxxx 5855 386833

Last edited by fleamailman; Today at 12:46 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (Yesterday)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe