WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Flavors

Old 08-01-2013, 11:07 PM
shmalone (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0
Default Flavors

Last month I came across an online scholarship that required a short 500 word response to the prompt, "If you could be any flavor of ice cream, what would it be?"
This was my application for it and I know there's no chance of me winning because it's not the best and I'm competing against so many, but I still liked it and didn't want it to just sit on my computer. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it too

If I were a flavor of ice cream, I would be Rocky Road. We are traditional yet a little on the wild side when compared to our one-dimensional friends like strawberry and vanilla. We are both a little nutty and our sweet disposition can only be absorbed in small doses or we can leave our companions feeling a little drained from the sugar high. Though we are more creative than others and have an admirer in nearly every circle of friends, few will pass up the opportunity to forget about us and try out a newer arrival to the party. After all, we are classic; we will both be there when they come back.
Though we may be forgotten at times on the taste buds of a changing environment, we do not object. We simply wait in the freezer aisle because we know that once their newest fling with the world has ended in frostbite they will come looking for a pint of us so they can drown their sorrows in unconditional chocolaty love.
Yet we will not be a doormat. The nuts are there because we have a bit of a bite when we know we are being taken advantage of. They are there to make our consumers slow and chew so that we are not completely devoured in the moment; we must be around for others when they come poking around the ice box, looking for someone to sit on the couch and cry with them.

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Old 08-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 155

Originally Posted by shmalone View Post
Last month I came across an online scholarship that required a short 500 word response to the prompt, "If you could be any flavor of ice cream, what would it be?"
This was my application for it and I know there's no chance of me winning because it's not the best and I'm competing against so many, but I still liked it and didn't want it to just sit on my computer. Hopefully someone else will enjoy it too

If I were a flavor of ice cream, I would be Rocky Road. We are traditional yet a little on the wild side when compared to our one-dimensional friends like strawberry and vanilla. We are both a little nutty and our sweet disposition can only be absorbed in small doses or we can leave our companions feeling a little drained from the sugar high. Though we are more creative than others and have an admirer in nearly every circle of friends, few will pass up the opportunity to forget about us and try out a newer arrival to the party. After all, we are classic; we will both be there when they come back.
Though we may be forgotten at times on the taste buds of a changing environment, we do not object. We simply wait in the freezer aisle because we know that once their newest fling with the world has ended in frostbite they will come looking for a pint of us so they can drown their sorrows in unconditional chocolaty love.
Yet we will not be a doormat. The nuts are there because we have a bit of a bite when we know we are being taken advantage of. They are there to make our consumers slow and chew so that we are not completely devoured in the moment; we must be around for others when they come poking around the ice box, looking for someone to sit on the couch and cry with them.

Thank you for taking the time to read!
Cute read.

I agree: when it comes to flavor, rocky road licks all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:
shmalone (08-24-2013)

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing