WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Writer's Beat Technical Support

Writer's Beat Technical Support Tech support for problems with logging in, passwords, or any other hitches you may experience on the forum.

Am told to post 5 messages in the community before I can ask question.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:38 AM
tangara.gsh (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Am told to post 5 messages in the community before I can ask question.

Hi,

This is my 2nd message. And I'm still cracking my head what to say for my the other 3 messages, in order to be able to ask the question that I really want.

I really hope that the administrator of this forum will do away with this rule for good.

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 AM
Devon (Offline)
Guard Dog and Playful Pup
Senior Moderator

Thanks 1,694

Hi there.

There are three of us, actually, and the reason the rule is in place is to thwart spam bots and one-hit wonders who come and post their work without really taking the time to become part of the community, at least somewhat.

The rule's not going away any time soon, as it's served its purpose rather wonderfully.

Twisty mind candy:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 AM
Redlorry

No, we don't do away with the rule.

It's in place to make sure new members make a valuable contribution to the forum before they start posting all over the place, and asking people to read their stuff before they've taken the time to read the work of others.

There's no need to wrack your brains for what to post. Simply read some of the pieces in the 'Write here' forum and leave the member some helpful feedback. It's easy and it's what makes a forum work to the benefit of all members.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Bagit (Offline)
Dungeon Keeper
Administration

Thanks 490

Five posts is easy. Go to the Writer's Café section then click the Board Games section and Bam! You should have the required posts' in no time.

There's no need to rush things though. Make a friend or two while you're here. Let us get to know you. See what is already available to you on the pages of the Beat! Find a story you like and help that member with a suggestion or advice.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:10 PM
tangara.gsh (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Originally Posted by Redlorry View Post
No, we don't do away with the rule.

It's in place to make sure new members make a valuable contribution to the forum before they start posting all over the place, and asking people to read their stuff before they've taken the time to read the work of others.

There's no need to wrack your brains for what to post. Simply read some of the pieces in the 'Write here' forum and leave the member some helpful feedback. It's easy and it's what makes a forum work to the benefit of all members.
Is that the reason why I'm not getting a response from my question in the issue section?

Or I wonder here nobody knows the answer to my question

Though I would love to contribute, I think my English sucks.

However, I do subscribe to English at Work from our local portal here in Sunny Singapore.

If it's ok, I do not mind share some English usage over here and considered this as my way of contributing to the community.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:31 AM
Redlorry

I recommend you taking part in the community a bit more by commenting on existing threads, whether it's a conversation about current affairs, or reading the work of others and telling them if you liked it and why.

Don't pass on what you get from English at Work as your contribution. It's someone elses work and it's unlikely to be relevant to most people here.

I would imaging your question hasn't be answered by other members because they don't know who you are, or perhaps didn't understand it.

As Bagit suggests, get to know your fellow members by taking part in threads with them. You can even direct them to your question once you get a rapport going.

Remember we're a community for writers, not a reference library.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Writer's Beat Technical Support