WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Makes my life come true. Haha.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
maidahl

Default Makes my life come true. Haha.

. . .no you don't have to write any more. Your part one trashing of my story is more than enough. It was a real adult dose. I'm 61 and I really thought I had a thick skin but my inner child is very sensitive to criticism.

I'm sorry that you feel the need to hurt people.
I'm not sure what kind of literary injustice was done to you when you were growing up.

You seem to be a very angry young women with a chip on her shoulder.

Maybe you have a problem with honestly seeing yourself for who you really are. There are people who can help you deal with your feelings. Possibly getting in touch with your inner child would be step one on your road to recovery.

I won't say sorry I was so harsh because this is exactly what I think and feel. You don't sound very professional and mature in your writing pieces you've published. I just said that. I was mistaken. You write like you are childish and just mean.
I write because otherwise I would die. It's my greatest passion. I write passionately and well. I read Ray Bradbury at night...

Last edited by maidahl; 06-25-2012 at 08:09 PM..
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 PM
WilliamS. (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Official Member

Thanks 236

This is just about right, all the snobs should read this and be humble. Writing shouldn't concern "readers"-if it's true it should eventually break out- no concessions. Chekhov, Upton Sinclair, Fante, even Dickens and Doyle wrote with anger and flawed passion. If I have to read another poem about a sick child with cancer who is so "gifted" I will vomit. Saccarine love and understanding are nonexistent. Please be brutal-it will make it easier for other people who are sick of bad writing.
The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamS. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 183

Originally Posted by maidahl View Post
.. Possibly getting in touch with your inner child would be step one on your road to recovery.

I...
Dear Abbey,

My inner child thinks he's locked up in reform school. All he does is scream and hollar. I have to keep buying him candy and ice cream to shut him up. But with prices so high these days, he's sending me to the poor house. Do you know how I can get rid of him?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cityboy For This Useful Post:

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing