WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Classifieds

Classifieds Advertisements go here. Content of this forum does not represent the service provided at this web site.

Writing Portfolio Websites for Writers

Old 09-18-2008, 02:08 AM
spacekadet (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Icon6 Writing Portfolio Websites for Writers

Hi all! I've been looking around for an easy way to create an online writing portfolio so I could send links of my writing samples to editors. I couldn't find a template that looked exactly the way I wanted so ended up making my own from scratch (you can see it at monicashaw.com). It's proven to be a useful way to keep track of my writing samples and easily share them with other people. I even got my first commission after sending a link to an editor, so in that way, going through the trouble of making a website was totally worth it!

This got me thinking - I bet a lot of fellow writers have the same problem. With this in mind, my partner and I created Writer's Residence, a website that gives writers a few tools and templates to create a website and portfolio.

We just launched Writer's Residence this month and invite you all to take a tour of the website and give it a try!

My goal with Writer's Residence is to give writers a website that's both professional and brain-dead easy to create (after all, we should be spending our time writing, not learning web design!). Writer's Residence is a work in progress and we're very receptive to new ideas. I want this to be the best tool of its kind, built specifically for writers, so any suggestions you have are most welcome!

Thanks for reading. Good luck out there!

Monica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 09-24-2008, 02:58 AM
spacekadet (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default University Students now get one year FREE

Quick update on the site:

University Students now get one year FREE on writing portfolio's at Writer's Residence.

We verify student status by e-mail address, so all you have to do is sign up with a university e-mail address and you'll be hooked up with a one-year membership. Sign up at http://writersresidence.com/signup or take a tour of the website at http://writersresidence.com/welcome/tour. You can also see an example of what a Writer's Residence portfolio looks like by visiting my website: http://monicashaw.com/.

Thanks, and good luck!

|
|
|

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Classifieds