WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Picking up the pieces- a realistic take on friends with benefits

Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Phantasm91 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Picking up the pieces- a realistic take on friends with benefits

Broken, she stood on the edge. In front of her was her new life-a life she'd been forced to choose. Behind, the old one, the comfortable one she knew she'd miss bitterly. But the choice was inevitable for she wanted respite from that viscious cycle of falling hard and then picking up the pieces all over again. And again. And again...
She'd done more than her fair share of waiting for him to come around. She'd made countless excuses for why he behaved the way he did. And her biggest flaw: she always gave him another chance. Though a small, logical part of her acknowledged that he was nothing but a sweet talking womaniser. But that night was the last and final straw. And even she couldn't find an excuse for him. Or give him another chance .
Just like every other night, he came to her and flashed his brilliant, toothy smile. Just like every other night, her heart skipped a beat while her face felt hot. And she chose to see hidden promise in that smile and ignore the blatant truth: he just wanted to add her to his trophy collection. Despite believing that they had a rare connection, to him, she was nothing more than a challenging conquest. The rádio blared in the background. He pulled her by the hand and like a kitten, she followed. What ensued was the usual sweet nothings whispered by him in her ear, her girlish giggles of delight , holding hands under the rising moon. She genuinely enjoyed his company and believed she'd made the same impression on him. But this time when he whispered in her ear, it wasn't nothing. It felt worse than the physical pain inflicted by an arrow through the heart.He requested not her companionship for he had ' others' for that-just her body to satisfy his perverse needs. She hurt so bad she couldn't even cry.She sat in shocked silence, her face white because all the blood had drained away. They were still holding hands though hers was now cold. He took her silence for consent and wondered if they should get a room. Something broke inside her- the part of her that still believed. The balance tipped over and she felt like she'd lost everything- but at least she could still get out with her head held high. For she had loved and lost but he had lost her respect. She was disgusted . She felt violated and used. Her intentions had been pure while he'd just wanted to get into her pants the whole time. It would take her injured ego an eternity to heal.
But at that moment she lost control. She pulled her hand away and yelled at the top of her voice. Yelled at his injustice. Yelled for those 7 months of lies and pretence. Yelled till her voice cracked from the strain.
He just stood there gaping at her. He didn't even attempt to make excuses this time for something told him she wouldn't fall for that trick anymore.
With nothing left to say, and tears leaving tracks on her flawless complexion she started to walk away. First slowly. But she hastened her gait when she heard him pleading and calling out her name. She willed herself to block out the sound of his voice and not look back. She walked away- broken, spent, exhausted from the emotional roller coaster ride that was finally over.She walked away for good this time-finally free.
Picking up the pieces is hard. Finding lost pieces however is nearly impossible. She felt like pieces of her-the very pieces that made her who she was-were missing. But she still believed in the silver lining. She knew that not all hope was lost.
A month later, she stood in the shower. The pointlessness of that chapter of her life struck her as it had several times before. The only difference was that this time, instead of crying her eyes out, she laughed. Soft giggles at first which soon transformed into wild laughter.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Mal Pal (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 3

This piece is amazing. So inspiring and completely relatable to any woman at some point in their life.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Phantasm91 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Thank you
Funny thing is I had no idea a guy could be so heartless until quite recently
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Phantasm91 View Post
Thank you
Funny thing is I had no idea a guy could be so heartless until quite recently
Oh baby baby it's a wild world,
it's hard to get by just upon a smile.
hope you make a lot of nice friends out there,
but just remember there's a lot of bad,
and beware, beware,

Last edited by Cityboy; 10-11-2012 at 06:10 AM..
Old 10-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Phantasm91 (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

The guy in the story has proceeded to do this with two others. Wonder how these people ever prosper.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 185

Originally Posted by Phantasm91 View Post
The guy in the story has proceeded to do this with two others. Wonder how these people ever prosper.
It's a double-edged sword. Lots of gals do the same thing.

I knew a few guys in my hanging-out days who thought they were God's gift to women, using them the way a child uses toys. Funny thing, a lot of guys with sisters didn't pull that crap on gals.

Many heartless idiots floating around. Be careful whom you choose when beginning a relationship. Go slow, real slow. Try to know how the person thinks before you know where the marks on his/her body are.

I had a friend Joey, who had four sisters. He was really a good looking guy. He'd walk into a club and almost every female eye was on him. And though he could have easily abused women, he never did. I remember a time when we were hanging out in a social club in our neighborhood, and while we were having a drink at the bar, we heard sobbing coming from the bathroom. A girl inside the bathroom was crying, and Joey walked over to the door and began to pound on it. Some idiot inside was trying to screw her against her will. Joey kept pounding on the door until the idiot opened it, and inside the bathroom, he founf the poor gal naked and crying. She was a pretty gal but looked like a sad clown because her mascara was running down her cheeks due to the excessive sobbing. Anyhow, Joey tossed the idiot out of the bathroom and told the girl to get dressed. She quickly put her clothes on and left the club, Had it not been for Joey's intervention she would have probably been raped. Joey was a gentleman, even in his teens. I tell the story because he just passed away and because there are a lot of good guys for lonely gals out there.

Keep searching. You just have to find a "Joey" before you hook up with an idiot and waste your life.

Oops, almost forgot. Consider it a blessing you rid yourself of an idiot.

Last edited by Cityboy; 10-17-2012 at 06:13 PM..

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing