WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Zombies Rights?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:06 PM
PRPerson (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 8
Default Zombies Rights?

When the Apocalypse bears down on humanity, I can imagine many zombies walking around practicing many illegal activities, such as, killing humans to eat their brains. Will zombies be tried for these activities, i.e. would zombies have any rights? Or do zombies have no rights and be shot on sight.

Thus, does death mean a person no longer has any rights? It is probably something we need to consider now, whilst zombies are resting peacefully in their graves, because if we decide to give dead people rights, the decision could come back and haunt us during the Apocalypse.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:16 PM
medusaspath (Offline)
Scribbler
Official Member

Thanks 2

Pretty sure the natural instinct for survival will quash any desire for a just legal system. Just sayin'.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

Zombies, as well as young republicans, have no rights. Both species are flesh eating mutations hell bent on the destruction of mankind. Deal with them as you deem fit. Under the present administration all will be forgiven. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:25 AM
PRPerson (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 8

Originally Posted by medusaspath View Post
Pretty sure the natural instinct for survival will quash any desire for a just legal system. Just sayin'.
Yeah well you know how it is my ole friend. Suppose you go on a rampage during the Apocalypse and bloodily hack your way through slow witless beings who have the equivalent self-defensive skill as a three year old child. After the Apocalypse you may plead you were, 'saving my own life', but a judge sympathetic to post-death human rights may put you to death in an electric chair.

If however we start labeling these zombies by inhuman names (to make them appear more like human waste then former humans) and remove their rights now, you would get a medal for your mass killing during the Apocalypse rather than a death sentence.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM
jrdulka (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2

Zombies have no rights!
The Following User Says Thank You to jrdulka For This Useful Post:
Gaines (07-31-2011)
Old 07-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 871

After I give Zombies some rights I am going to give them a shitload of lefts!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM
bumhead (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 276

Originally Posted by PRPerson View Post
When the Apocalypse bears down on humanity, I can imagine many zombies walking around practicing many illegal activities, such as, killing humans to eat their brains. Will zombies be tried for these activities, i.e. would zombies have any rights? Or do zombies have no rights and be shot on sight.

Thus, does death mean a person no longer has any rights? It is probably something we need to consider now, whilst zombies are resting peacefully in their graves, because if we decide to give dead people rights, the decision could come back and haunt us during the Apocalypse.
if you could just give us a ballpark on when we might expect the apocalypse, I can work on having a decision ready in time.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe