WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Prompts & Challenges

Prompts & Challenges Prompts, readings, and ideas to get you writing.

Challenge #49 – Saffron Tie

Old 09-13-2012, 08:35 PM
W.K. Freely (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 11
Default Challenge #49 – Saffron Tie

Saffron Tie

My tie–slim, saffron, and silk–felt cool against my sweaty palms. They'd gone red from my incessant adjusting, but I just couldn't help myself! You see, I have a date atop the Golden Gate bridge and I'm running awfully late.

After a failed rummage for silver change at the toll booth, I broke for hard cash. I tried to be inconspicuous as I eyed a neighboring driver who's spiffy little pass left me feeling green with envy, but no worry! I have a date atop the Golden Gate bridge! Blue-collared guys such as myself avoided it at all costs anyway, and for this very reason. Once more, I adjust my saffron tie.

Each passing vermillion-orange steel bar sends my heart stammering. Irving Morrow had certainly been onto something when he rejected steel and carbon as primary colors. Even against the night, that handsome fireweed never fails to enkindle my soul. This time I reach for my saffron tie, and stroke it slowly as I think of her.

I pull over, climb out of the driver's seat, and find her waiting: the black lady.

I tickle pink at seeing her ample frame. Lured to the edge by her jet black eyes and curls, I go there...and jump over. You see, my date was with the ravishing black lady Death. And with my gorgeous saffron tie whipping madly about my neck, I fly into her arms where I'll stay forever.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:18 PM
AbdulaOblongata (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 101

WK,
Nice twist on the challenge theme. No need to comment further, I think the piece speaks for itself. Way to think outside the box!

Well Done WK,
Abdula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.