WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.

Bono Mutants

Old 01-29-2018, 12:17 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 59

Well, BrianPAtrick, I looked up the book you mentioned, but it is the one book of his they don't have at my library. I'll look for it elsewhere. But anyway, this is from a review of one of his other books which remarks on YA scifi/adult subject:

Very interesting book, I have to admit. With the focus on the main male lead, this actually could've been a sci-fi, YA book, but has several scenes which clearly make it oriented more toward adults. Spider Robinson creates a fantastical world of escapism in "Dreamworld" - a place where people go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Compliments of the Author: Debbie Bumstead
Old 01-29-2018, 02:37 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,374

Originally Posted by Luciaphile View Post
You guys are getting me so self conscious I don't know if I want to write it anymore. Maybe I'll look for another dream to convert for my project of making night dreams into stories.

And thus, once again, did the Sacred Secret of the Bonobo Monkeys slip back into the sublime leaving humans to their own savage ways.
Luciaphile (01-29-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 12:20 PM
spshane (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 73

I don't comment on many stories, because most of my comments are met with generalized butt hole soreness and continued blathering about "well, what I meant was blah, blah, blah..." More than that, so many tired narratives leave me feeling like I'd be better of watching reruns of "Little House on the Prairie". Boring sentimental horse shit. I like it when I stumble across a story that isn't afraid to be weird, like alien apes who are always fucking in inappropriate places. It's both intriguing and funny, right down my alley. And so, yeah, I'd read this shit and probably buy the book, magazine--whatever the end result is.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:27 PM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 68

Yep. See, your market is cut out for you right here with all the people who enjoy penis and poop jokes. I know that pedophiles also love these types of jokes and I dont mean to be rude but your Amazon profile hosts the case and is severely ironic as your target market for entertainment are for these types of severe unscrupulous nerks.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 59

Beesauce, and I loved your name, too. Oh, well, no I am not a pedophile, but I was the victim of one from toddler through first grade, and it is one of the threads in my books, as I try to live a life as well as I can. That is why the word pedophile is in my Amazon portrait, to share with other victims, not to show pedophiles how to do their thing!

Haven't you ever had a sexual dream? I do every once in awhile, and this was one of the more vivid funny ones. I've a mind to finish this story just to show you I'm not a monster. Ha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:44 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,113

You should finish the story. Then edit and/or rewrite like you did with the Willoh and Wo thing.

I like the idea of a book of shorts from dreams. Itís a cool idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (01-31-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 07:19 AM
Luciaphile (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member

Thanks 59

Thanks for the encouragement, spshane and BrianPatrick, that means a lot. Sorry, Nick, maybe it won't be a secret after all -

Old 05-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Lingard (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 11

Thanks for posting this piece, Luciaphile. And thanks to all the other posters. It's a remarkably informative thread - talking about styles, voices, in particular. I got a lot out of it. I can apply a lot of this stuff to my own writing. I think I've been sticking to one particular style and I probably need to break out of it. Interesting the comments that it is a difficult thing to do but very rewarding. I'll give it a go.
Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lingard For This Useful Post:
Luciaphile (05-25-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 717

Originally Posted by Luciaphile View Post
What singer? Oh, no, bono is short for bonobo, a type of chimp that makes love not war in the jungle.

There are times when Bono Vox is very chimp like...

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:06 AM
Nox (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 12

I am curious about this idea. What you said in one if your comments about the sharing/clash of cultures reminds me of a series by Orson Scott card. Ender's Game touches on this a little but some of the others, particularly Xenocide, have quite a strong focus on human interactions with alien species. If you like scifi it's worth a read. Definitely one of my favourite series.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction