WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

real life stories thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918
Icon3 real life stories thread

do you have a real story to tell? why not share it here.
sometimes writing real stuff comes out better then fictional one.
let's see your writing skills in action

it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-24-2013, 12:35 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

I was once walking along a darkened street, on a Tuesday of all evenings, and farther up the street ahead of myself I could see a chap looking into a house. But as I came closer I realized this chap was not looking into a house but sidestepping towards me. Upon this realization some alarm bells should have been ringing in my ears, but it was only evening and only a Tuesday; and the combination of the two did not give me cause for alarm. By happenstance I calculated I was going to pass this freak under the shade of a dark tree, and it was at this moment the alarm bells did chime. But by then it was already too late, and we were under the tree together, and all I could see was the outline of the shadow of his forearm, and all I could do was hope that this whacked out psychopath would not have an appetite that differed from any other person on a Tuesday evening... but we passed without incident, and upon crossing a road not too far up the path, I turned back to view this clown once more, to find he was side-stepping back towards me...
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

oh my god PickleBottom that sounds horrific. what happened after that? you managed to get away right?
how did you feel after that?
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind

Last edited by Nacia; 09-24-2013 at 03:30 AM..
Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 385

Originally Posted by Nacia View Post
oh my god PickleBottom that sounds horrific. what happened after. you managed to get away right?
how did you feel after that?
Yep, I am here today to tell the tale... the one thing I learnt that evening is I can walk faster than a person side-stepping... maybe he went on to be this guy;

I think it is the contrast that made the event the way it was, a Tuesday evening is not the time for this kind of activity, a Sunday morning after 3AM is... in fact if I repeated this story, and stated it happened in the wee hours of Sunday morning then it would make perfect sense, we have probably all done this at some stage in our lives... especially at that time in between leaving the pub at closing time and waking up, wondering how we got home... maybe everyone sidesteps home when their lizard brain is in control...
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-24-2013, 03:39 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

things like that do not have a special time. the scary is that they are totally random.
a similar thing happened to a friend of mine from school. it happened in broad daylight after school hours, she was walking home from school and as she got near to this low bridge she felt this arm pulling away from the road. this person was dragging her to go under the bridge but she hold on so tight to the wall with her both hands not giving away with such a force she describes that she managed to escape unharmed. she lived to tell the tale too.
and what a horrific tale.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
The Following User Says Thank You to Nacia For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (09-24-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 02:24 PM
declan molloy (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 20

I can't swim, so nevertheless, one day I borrowed a boat with the intention of doing a bit of fishing on a local lake. It was the first time I had ever tried to row a boat or fish. I borrowed an old rod from a friend too. Anyway it was a sea angling rod and was particularly inflexible so I coiled some line on the sharp end of the little boat with the intention of producing a whipping action to cast the line
When I tried this the feckin thing jumped into the air and impaled my finger. I tried hard to get it out. when I eventually did I tried to cast again and the reel fell off the old rod and went to the bottom of the lake - it wasn't tied to the other end so I lost the reel.
So, here I was, bleeding and sinking at the same time - (on account of the fact that the old boat had sat on the shore for so long)
It took me nearly an hour to get to shore because as I later found out; one of the oars had a blade 4 inches shorter than its brother, causing me to row in circles in my blind panic.
I went out the next day, sat on the shore and ate sardine sandwiches - I never fished again

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe