WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

Hello, new here

Old 11-21-2017, 03:10 AM
leticialeakes (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Default Hello, new here

Hello, I'm new here, I'm writing short stories and want to hear someone's feedback. Please, help me understand if I can create my blog and if it's worth it. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to leticialeakes For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 03:34 AM
eripiomundus (Offline)
The Next Bard

Thanks 123

Welcome aboard. Hope you find the place comfortable and make some friends.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:50 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,897

Originally Posted by leticialeakes View Post
Hello, I'm new here, I'm writing short stories and want to hear someone's feedback. Please, help me understand if I can create my blog and if it's worth it. Thanks.
("...within reason you are most welcome to write whatever you wish to write here, only malice is frowned upon..." replied the goblin hoping leticaleakes would extend that leeway to those around her too, then confiding "...perhaps then, the author and the work are two sides of the same coin online, so to gain a readership it might be best not just to concentrate solely upon the work itself but also it might be better to figure out one's persona while posting, the persona is the author behind the work, you then, only that on forumland the author is not behind the work, no instead the forum is actually a "live" setting where the author is on tap so to speak as like holding the work in his hand, um...., dare I say it's the difference between the theatre and the cinema, where with the one the plot is filmed somewhere and screened somewhere else, that would be those books perhaps, but where here the plot is told by the actors onstage, that would be the other, your posts here in other words, btw anything you post anywhere upon a forum is in fact a post now, a post in the guise of a stort story, or an extract from a blog, etc., they're all just posts really...", to which the goblin then hailed for the forum doors to be flung wide open to let yet more persona into its midst, before turning back to leticaleakes, saying "...follow me then, and think of yourself as one of us now, and we're not such a bad lot for all our idiosyncrasies...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-21-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Old 02-27-2018, 10:24 AM
KimKidook (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Hi! Nice to e-meet you!

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions