Old 03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Writing.Geek. (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 147
Send a message via AIM to Writing.Geek.
Icon1 Book Quotes?

Hey everyone.

So, I was looking at book quotes earlier today, and I figured that this would be a perfect place to discuss your favorite book quotes.

Many books I've read have quotes that I love. Here's one of them that I like:

"He felt a kind of spark, and all at once he felt her slowly coming back to him. She was the arm that held him close in times of trouble, she was the whisper on the pillow beside him at night." - The Choice.

So, what are some quotes that you like?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
if you want to reveal your stories from the shadow of your computer....
The Following User Says Thank You to Writing.Geek. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Nadja

Thanks WG. I was just about to post a quote in another thread and thought better of it, and then I saw you had made this thread. Very timely!
The quote I had in mind is from Jack London's 'Call of the Wild', when the hero dog Buck is about to leave civilization for good:
'John Thornton was dead. The last tie was broken. Man and the claims of man no longer bound him'.
I just love the whole concluding chapter to that book, with its evocation of a wild, beautiful alluring land - 'the smiling land beyond the great divide'.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

"God save the Queen and a fascist regime … a flabby toothless fascism, to be sure. Never go too far in any direction, is the basic law on which Limey-Land is built. The Queen stabilizes the whole sinking sh*thouse and keeps a small elite of wealth and privilege on top. The English have gone soft in the outhouse. England is like some stricken beast too stupid to know it is dead. Ingloriously foundering in its own waste products, the backlash and bad karma of empire"

William Burroughs "The Place of Dead Roads"
Old 03-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Writing.Geek. (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 147

Originally Posted by Nadja View Post
Thanks WG. I was just about to post a quote in another thread and thought better of it, and then I saw you had made this thread. Very timely!
The quote I had in mind is from Jack London's 'Call of the Wild', when the hero dog Buck is about to leave civilization for good:
'John Thornton was dead. The last tie was broken. Man and the claims of man no longer bound him'.
I just love the whole concluding chapter to that book, with its evocation of a wild, beautiful alluring land - 'the smiling land beyond the great divide'.
I really like the last part of the first quote, and that's beautiful imagery in the second quote.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 AM
A.Zerro (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 45

"Need a poo Todd," - The Knife of Never Letting Go

As one of the first opening speech sentences, this quote by far takes the cake for my taste. I speak very highly of this book, it's filled with an unbelievable abundance of absolutely everything. Ever.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Writing.Geek. (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 147

That's a funny quote, A.Zerro. It made me laugh.

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe > Board Games