WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

What Story Would You Tell To Save Your Life?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 AM
jennyhuf (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default What Story Would You Tell To Save Your Life?

I am the Dramaturg/Assistant Director for Brigham Young University's presentation of selections from Mary Zimmerman's "Arabian Nights" this Spring. In conjunction with the show, we are doing a project where we're collecting original stories for the 101 days leading up to the closing night of the show. Not only will you have an opportunity to get your original story published on the blog, but ten stories will be selected based on fan likes to be performed live by cast members as part of our pre-show experience! You can find out all the details at byuarabiannights.com.

Come check us out and submit your story today!

Thanks!
Jenny

Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Ethan Blake (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 347
Send a message via AIM to Ethan Blake Send a message via Skype™ to Ethan Blake

Hi Jenny,

I have a short story about a young man who opens a school for child brides called ‘Bringem Young school for Underage Ladies,’ The school advocates a policy of ‘day-care’ for the brides and concubines of the nearby high school students in an effort to ‘Keep an eye‘on the youthful temptresses. In many ways reflecting the Harem’s of the Arabian Nights stories.
In my story, the main character and principal of this school is called Warren Jeff, and it centres on an imagined F.B.I. manhunt to persecute this much mis-understood Polygamist. It is a wonderfully picturesque and unbelievably heart-warming study of a very disturbed though highly regarded churchman.
Would you like me to send a full manuscript?
Best regards
D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'THERE MAY BE TROUBLE AHEAD!'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ethan Blake; 04-10-2012 at 12:17 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
jennyhuf (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Hi Ethan,

We don't have room/time for an entire manuscript; however, if you can pare the story (or a portion of) down to 600 words or less, we would love to have you submit it to us. All the information for submissions can be found on the blog at www.byuarabiannights.com. Stories should be submitted through the "Story Project" page.

Thanks for the question!
Jenny

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets