WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Abomination Magazine: Call for Submissions.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Abomination Mag (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Abomination Magazine: Call for Submissions.

Abomination Magazine is a horror, science fiction, and dark speculative fiction publication. Our first issue will be published in April of this year. We currently pay 1 cent/word for short fiction and a $6 flat rate for poetry.

We want you to send us the scariest story you have ever written. Creep factor is much more important than gore, but anything is acceptable as long as it incites fear. Think you can scare us? Give it a try. Stories must be between 1,000 and 7,500 words.

Please take a look at the website. All the information you need to know is located under the submissions tab. If you like what you see, link to us on your social media websites or blogs. Spread the word!

We look forward to reading your submissions!

http://www.AbominationMagazine.com

Last edited by Abomination Mag; 02-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Now a paying market!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Carnal Sins (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

A very interesting idea for a magazine. I just donated $25 dollars and will most likely be trying my hand at writing a submission for you later tonight.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Zodea (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 33
Icon2

Yikes. I'm writing a story as we speak. About zombies of all things. I don't think it's going to be what they want though... *sighs* ...

Zodea
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Thank you so much for the pledge! I can't wait to read your submissions. Spread the word!

Corey J. Goldberg
Abomination Magazine
Old 01-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Lin

Gotta love the title
Old 02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Update

Thanks to everyone that has made a submission so far. If you check out the website, you will see that we are now adding featured fiction every week and at no cost to the reader. This week's short story is the very frighting, "Fissure" by W.B. Stickel. If you like horror and like zombies, you'll be sure to enjoy.

In other news, there is just four days left for our Kickstarter Project. We are now 60% funded and need to make a final push to hit the $1000 mark. Once our goal is reached, Abomination Magazine will become a semi-professional fiction market. We plan to pay $.01 per word for short fiction and a $6 flat rate per poem.

Thank you for your interest and I look forward to reading what you all think of the magazine.

Sincerely,

Corey J. Goldberg, Editor
Abomination Magazine
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

We reached our Kickstarter Goal and are now a paying market. Check out our new submission guidelines located on our webpage at http://www.AbominationMagazine.com.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Static. (Offline)
Copyist
Official Member

Thanks 2

I'm very interested in your magazine, expect a submission from me.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Atrelegis (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 11

Sounds awesome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Lin

Hell, sounds abominable
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0

Hey all,

I wanted to let you know that the first issue of Abomination Magazine is now available for purchase on Amazon.com and we are currently accepting submissions for future issues.

A big thanks to everyone that took the time to submit work for our debut issue! I look forward to all your future submissions.

Sincerely,

Corey J. Goldberg
Abomination Magazine

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets