WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets

Writing Markets Calls for submissions, paying and non-paying markets.

Consumer/shopping/entertainment reporters needed

Old 06-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Christopher (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default Consumer/shopping/entertainment reporters needed

Hi,

My name is Chris. I am the editor of News For Shoppers, a growing site with news and information for consumers.

If you love to write... and love shopping, tech, entertainment (movies, books, tv), sales, and helping others, consider writing for us!

I'll list the benefits/responsibilities below. But just to give you the gist of things - you and I would work together as a team to publish interesting, helpful, and at times quite lucrative stories. It's not a get rich scheme by any means, and I'm not one to over-promise, but you can make some good money with this.

NFS is an approved Google News source, so your news stories will be indexed fast in Google's special news index. Being in Google News can give you great exposure and traffic!

Visit our Write For NFS page for more information and to receive an introductory email with all the details and the first part of our writer training.

I welcome questions and look forward to hearing from you!

Chris

======

Here's the rundown of benefits/responsibilities:

------ Benefits ------

- a supportive writing environment

- easy story submission (wordpress)

- super fast indexing of your stories in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Google News!

- the freedom to select your own stories to write about (within the consumer/shopping/entertainment niche)

- exposure - your name will be in the byline, and your writing will be read by thousands. If you have a Google+ profile, it can appear next to your stories in Google.

- a 50% share of the ad revenue your stories generate

- and it's fun!

------ Responsibilities ------

- all writing must be original, with proper English grammar

- your stories must be accurate and timely

- you must be able to work with an editor and take feedback well

- you will not be able to promote your own products or site in your writing

- you must have an open mind and be eager to learn about seo, headline writing, news writing, and more

- we ask that you commit to a minimum of 2 stories a day, 5 days a week (you may write more, the more you write, the more you make)

------ Revenue Sharing ------

We use Google Adsense for our revenue sharing. You must have or get a Google Adsense account to participate.

The way the revenue sharing works is that half the time your stories are viewed, your Adsense ID will be included in the ad code. Google tracks the hits and click-thru's, will provide you with reports, and pay you directly.

The 50% adshare begins with your very first article.

------ US Audience ------

Our writing is geared toward a US audience. We will consider writers from outside the US, but your English writing and understanding of American culture will need to be so good that no one can tell you aren't actually in the US. It is very difficult for a writer who learned English as a second language, and has not spent several years in the US, to do this. Most writers outside of the US are unable to meet our writing requirements.

For more info and to get started, visit: Write For NFS

WritersBeat.com > The Billboard > Writing Markets