WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Lashandra/Derek - Some Cursing

Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Webgoji (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 67
Default Lashandra/Derek - Some Cursing

Hiding a body is as much art as it is science. Of course covering scent trails, disguising the disturbed dirt and things like that all take scientific knowledge, but the real key, and this is where the art comes in, is location, location, location.

You see, you really have to get into the mind of the person that would be looking for the victim. You can't hide the body in the places they would look; maybe you burn it, maybe you feed it to some dogs, hell, simply burying it works sometimes. Problem is that forensic science is really catching up.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Derek now. It was Lashandra just a little while ago. She was fun and I really thought I had a thing going there. She was a stay at home wife that didn't cook or clean or anything. She just sat on the couch all day and watched soap operas. That is, when she wasn't cheating on Jason. The changes he saw when I took over, he really liked. Hell, I probably could have even stuck around if I hadn't mentioned Lashandra had three boyfriends on the side. He lost it.

Had to kill Jason then.

See, I've had to jump from life to life for as long as I can remember. Hell, I don't even remember if I ever had my own name or what I used to look like. Come to think of it, I can't even remember if I'm really male or female. I remember some wars; one in Germany or France another in Asia somewhere. I don't know, it all gets jumbled up.

I used to be able to just touch someone and take over their appearance. Then I would go on about my life like normal. That is until this damn information age. Now you have to have your ID just to take a piss. So now I have to kill my hosts, eat their brain so I can get their memories and then take over their lives.

But with the information age, along came the FBI. They've been on to me for several generations, but I've stayed one step ahead of them this whole time. Now Agent Domenic Johansen is after me. I think they've got some computer program that scans obituaries and then checks against credit cards or something because he seems to show up the instant the locals find a body now.

I don't know what they want with me. I remember being hunted by mad villagers and then there were the witch hunts; I don't want to go through that again. So I have to stay hidden.

Derek is a good guy and I should have been able to slide right into his life, but his wife, Shanna, she's a bit twitchy. I mean she really loves him and worries about him all the time. If I don't say something when Derek normally would have, she's worried I'm mad at her or something's wrong with me.

On the plus side, she's a great woman. Even if they find Derek's body, I should be able to talk her down. She doesn't like to kill flies or spiders so if I plead to her sensitive side, we might be able to make this work.

At least I hope so, I'm tired of killing people.

Check out my Blog at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Well, you sound rather disturbing. Do you think you have feelings for Shanna? Do you like brains? Why do you move about so often? And how do you know the FBI are on to you?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics