WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics

Character Clinics Come and discover new things about your characters

Mr. Ash

Old 08-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Myaora (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 9
Send a message via MSN to Myaora Send a message via Skype™ to Myaora
Default Mr. Ash

Forgot to buy your girlfriend an anniversary present? Better call Ash!
Mr.Ash is here to deal with all those pesky bills and unexpected expenses, you need money = you need Ash.

It's a nice ad, don't you think? Sure, most people refer to me as a loan "shark", but that sounds much to menacing to me. How does loan "goldfish" sound? I mean no trouble to anyone who just pays me what he's due, but I can be a shark if you don't.

Of course, that's not even half of the story. My full name is "Ashwatthama" or "Suryakant", as I've come to be known. I'm the sole remaining survivor from the Kurukshetha war. At the start of the war I fought off a hundred hundred men, slaying and slaughtering with great pride and joy, as was becoming of any Kaurava Warrior. Yet, when finally I faced my greatest adversary: Arjuna. My fight was cut short by those pesky deities above, who compelled me to direct my great weapon elsewhere. And, even after doing as I was bid, I was condemned and cursed with leprosy and immortality, forcing me to live and suffer for all days ever to come.

But, who's laughing now? Now that my incurable disease has spread across a new city, this is where I will exact my great vengeance. This is where I will find peace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Myaora; 08-04-2012 at 01:02 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Enrigo (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 48

Ahhh Ashwatthama, one of the 12 who survived the battle and the last left alive. Still striking fear I see. For what other reason could it be that no one else has responded if not fear? So how long has it been, three thousand years or more since the days of your defeat? Three thousand years of disease and bitter hatred, how that must eat at ones soul.

And what of the men you stood by and fought beside, how do the men of today compare? Are there any you can trust as you once did Kripacharyya and Kritavarma? Do you even remember them?

It does not surprise me that one such as you should take up the profession of loan shark. Is that not just another way to rule over and control people as you once did? Do you still long for that power?

I sense that you have retained some of the old humor if not the humility Mr. Ash, or is that just a guise to hide the suffering you must have experienced in all those years? And what of the company of a woman? Has there been any that you have longed for or are you one who takes what you desire regardless of their feelings toward you?

I am old and it has been many years since I have read the stories of the great battle fought. With this age I know that the victors are the ones who write the history. And yet, I often wonder at how the stories would change if told by others. You who have lived those battles and have heard the tales, I wonder how your account differs from the legends.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:04 AM
NickTrano (Offline)
I Am My Own Master
Official Member

Thanks 16
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTrano

So... if you have all this power why are you a loan shark?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:27 AM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

You say your disease has spread. Do you mean the leprosy or immortality? Did you have any part to play?
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

WritersBeat.com > Writing Craft > Writing Help & Issues > Character Clinics