WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Poetry

Poetry Sit down or take a stand in this poetry section.


The Waltzing of Matilda

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-09-2018, 08:03 PM
Yonathan1 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 250
Thanks: 14
Thanks 27
Default The Waltzing of Matilda


Foxtrot feet, fireworks tumble, bursting
With mutilated organs and people mocking us.
Waltz with me Matilda, waltz!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-2018, 03:04 PM
Chinspinner's Avatar
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 809
Thanks: 148
Thanks 145
Default

Where you from Yonathan?

Foxtrot feet, fireworks tumble, bursting (I like that)
With mutilated organs (ouch, that sounds painful and in antithesis to the first line) and people mocking us. (why? Who? Why would people mock that firework moment? Why would you even notice?)
Waltz with me Matilda, waltz! (A turn on a classic song, not sure what it adds.)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:00 PM
Yonathan1 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 250
Thanks: 14
Thanks 27
Default

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
Where you from Yonathan?

Foxtrot feet, fireworks tumble, bursting (I like that)
With mutilated organs (ouch, that sounds painful and in antithesis to the first line) and people mocking us. (why? Who? Why would people mock that firework moment? Why would you even notice?)
Waltz with me Matilda, waltz! (A turn on a classic song, not sure what it adds.)
I am from Canada, Toronto.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:06 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by Yonathan1 View Post
I am from Canada, Toronto.


Totoro?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:10 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

https://goo.gl/images/Gr1t1A
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Chinspinner's Avatar
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 809
Thanks: 148
Thanks 145
Default

Originally Posted by Yonathan1 View Post
I am from Canada, Toronto.
This may sound dumb, but I think it is an even mix... Your first language English or French? And either way, is your second fluent?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Yonathan1 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 250
Thanks: 14
Thanks 27
Default

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
This may sound dumb, but I think it is an even mix... Your first language English or French? And either way, is your second fluent?
My first language is English, I live in Ontario (A province in Canada) I speak Amharic since I am Ethiopian and also I barely speak French.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:15 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by Yonathan1 View Post
My first language is English, I live in Ontario (A province in Canada) I speak Amharic since I am Ethiopian and also I barely speak French.


I have friends in St. Catherine’s. Guys I used to play with in a band. Last I heard they were still doing heroin. I hope you’re not doing smack. That shit is the devil.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Chinspinner's Avatar
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 809
Thanks: 148
Thanks 145
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
I have friends in St. Catherine’s. Guys I used to play with in a band. Last I heard they were still doing heroin. I hope you’re not doing smack. That shit is the devil.
That needs explanation, let me guess? Bass?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:33 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
That needs explanation, let me guess? Bass?


Yeah. I spent a lot of years playing bass in mostly cover bands and doing studio work for no-name losers and assholes. Mostly in the western United States.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 PM
Chinspinner's Avatar
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 809
Thanks: 148
Thanks 145
Default

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Yeah. I spent a lot of years playing bass in mostly cover bands and doing studio work for no-name losers and assholes. Mostly in the western United States.
Still more fun than an office fellah.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Chinspinner's Avatar
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 809
Thanks: 148
Thanks 145
Default

Sorry, fellah is a term of endearment in English.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,297
Thanks: 428
Thanks 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
Still more fun than an office fellah.


Yeah. I couldn’t work in an office.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-11-2018, 02:44 AM
Chinspinner's Avatar
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 809
Thanks: 148
Thanks 145
Default

Yonathan, is "fellah" a nice meeting in Ethipia/Canada? Assuming its English heritage? arrgh, is that good or bad? As in "hey fellah," "what you upto, fellah?"

Last edited by Chinspinner; 09-11-2018 at 02:46 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-11-2018, 05:53 AM
Yonathan1 (Offline)
Profusive Denizen
Official Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 250
Thanks: 14
Thanks 27
Default

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
Yonathan, is "fellah" a nice meeting in Ethipia/Canada? Assuming its English heritage? arrgh, is that good or bad? As in "hey fellah," "what you upto, fellah?"
Well if you say fellah in Ethiopia, they wouldn't get it and they'd stare at you happily since the country is about hospitality and respect. Especially since we respect our elders in the country. If you said it our language it would make some sense, but for the most part they wouldn't care. As for good or bad it doesn't make a difference, it's all about communication.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yonathan1 For This Useful Post:
Chinspinner (09-11-2018)
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Poetry


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waltzing With Matilda (1100ish words) - rewrite AnyaKimlun Fiction 6 02-03-2014 01:04 PM
Need help to dress Matilda AnyaKimlun Writers' Cafe 16 10-07-2013 08:07 AM
Matilda Burch ClarindaBraxton Character Clinics 2 10-12-2011 09:47 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:04 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.