WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, chatting with a young authoress

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and by your I mean each and every human entity, be they personified or a direct personality, on this forum." Terallian smiled. "It is in my best interest to clarify that while, yes, I may be using the persona, "Terallian" amidst my online communications, Terallian itself is a persona from my own novel, based off my own persona. The persona of a persona based off a persona, indeed, would seem to be the case. The two reflect one another, and endlessly produce a creation off the likeness of the opposite." "...And uh. How do you do, you Goblin persona, you?"
"...well I do as well can be expected under the circumstances I suppose..." replied the goblin now, thanking the character in its book for the question and for its company, then explaining "...well now, you can't post anything here without its being some representation of you either truthful or otherwise, and yet whatever you write doesn't actually prove anything about you neither, and thus the persona is just a personification of the alter-ego behind it, a mask by which they see you by...", at which point the slot intervened, saying "...look, I think what the goblin is getting at here, is that all but none of any of this is true, though that's ok with the reader because the reader is mostly escaping his or her reality by being here now...", while the narrator just looked on, or at times out the window, wondering why she couldn't be narrating for someone more normal instead, at least someone other than this goblin here, before the goblin just returned to topic by saying "...to write in third person, just pick a persona that the reader can easily remember you by, why, because no one remembers usernames these days, but few forget having conversed with a goblin for example, I mean isn't that what is known in the trade as image marketing then...", where the evening was just growing later still and nearing the goblin's coffee time, smiling "...ah yes, coffeetime on writersbeat is anytime then, where formal attire is not needed for the occasion, oh, and if someone ever asks you why a raven is like a writing desk, just be honest, say that they both feed upon the remains of writers in their own different ways...", but then again the goblin just wondered what good was a coffee that didn't somehow leave one floating in thoughts aplenty between the clutches of the raven or that writing desk , but that was just forumland for you, never a dull moment lest one was dull upon it

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:10 AM..
Old 07-27-2014, 03:08 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "10 min challenge tool" thread

"...you are a credit to humanity there human..." went the goblin, declining the tool though and thinking upon how rushed humans always seemed to be, and how he himself rarely looked upon the passing of time for the pleasure of just wandering through his thoughts to odd sips of coffee, but then again he added "...guess I just write to slow down then, where it's not until I've truly slowed down too that the real show in my mind commences, and then somewhere in the middle of that show there's a voiced inside me that just yells that I left the bath running some while back, so deep thoughts at the writing desk are often followed by an even deeper bath, but then where I ask myself is the luxury of doing anything if it is merely that which is most expedient to one's purpose now..."
xxxxx wonders about those things too .. and hasn't an answer, but senses it's a profitable thought to hold in mind, and also that it could well drive a person insane ..
"...ah yes, that question of one's sanity again isn't it..." remarked the goblin, advising against too much sanity now, explaining "...you see, sane people can write but have too poor imaginations to do so imaginatively, whereas utterly mad people have wondrous imaginations but don't seem to write much because of their madness, leaving the only other question of whether those who can write imaginatively, perhaps you writertypes then, are not in fact actually half mad by that default there...", yes, somehow the goblin's bath water was getting ever deeper still, such hot water indeed

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:13 AM..
Old 07-28-2014, 01:55 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere,

Alright well I'm new here, not really up to posting anything seeing as it's all fanfiction that I've been working on for years now. Re-writing a story when I feel it's been left for too long. All I'm here for is a safe place to talk and seek out some honest advice on things I ask about. There's numurious groups on Facebook for that but their all set to open and so everyone on my friends list can see what I post and I prefer keeping my work to myself, like 1 or 2 friends and total strangers-you guys. Is there a place on here where people just go to ask and get advice? cause that's all I'm really here for. Thanks in advance if anyone answers my question....
"...well there is, but not in this forum here though, and its certainly not in someone's else intro I believe..." ventured the goblin who too hated facebook for its lack of anonymity much as pointed out there, but then adding "...mind you if you don't make friends, and at least come across as friendly like, then who will feel obliged to help you out, moreover why should they now, I mean here is not some dunce workshop for would be writers, no if you would care to read the other thread in this section about how the writer was thanking the 500readers already for reading his works on this site, you'll quickly understand that here is actually the showroom window of your works instead, where how else does one find one's readers these days...", at which point the goblin admitted that 500readers was but a minuscule proportion of the overall potential of forumland itself, however considering that it was of book length and that these were early days yet, not bad going at all, smiling "...really, what choice does any writer have today but to follow those readers to where they mostly are now, here now, and where readers and posters are all but interchangeable today as just "those reading then", yet these readers here actually outnumbered those book readers there by a factor of what then, who knows in fact, a thousand to one then, or a million to one even, anyway don't ever lose sight of yourself in front of your readers here is all I saying and suggesting now..."

2454592 152598

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:14 AM..
Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, chatting again

Perhaps this little thread of ours will become quite the social haven. I welcome you, either way. o/
"...capital, I'll be here if need be then, though I'm not one to step out of the forum ever..." mentioned the goblin in all honesty, where simply he had little time to read at length and suspected too that many of those readers out there were just the same as he was, wanting more from reading than just that old read only of books, then smiling "...no, I mean I can give you a readership if you like, one that is bigger than books eventually but you'd have to be talented, plus you won't make any money out of it, livewriters don't you know, instead they're just known by their posts, where a writer without posts is like a painter without sketches...", meanwhile the day passed overhead in its ever cloudy going to rain fashion, and thus the bistro was all but empty at this point save for the goblin himself who didn't care about that as he had all those ghosts to expel by his pen still, yet ghosts are ghosts and being as such they only slipped back into his past once more to return later in their good time, where the goblin still smiling at the futility of it simply voiced aloud "...so one exhumes one's past and expels those ghosts though writing them away, only to end up with new ghosts of the old ones by it, where perhaps too at my age should have learned by now to let my past with its ghosts be, but no, it's all too much a part of me today to do otherwise, plus writing is so conducive to my coffee isn't it, but enough of me now, and of my explanation of myself here, so how about you then, why do you write when you could just be so normal instead, is it ghosts with you too I wonder..."

2464593 152816

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:15 AM..
Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

So I've read a few threads, and it seems like short stories and poems do best, but is it really that difficult to get reviews for books? Most of my chapters are going to be pretty short.
"...well yes, that's about the truth of it I guess, short pieces generate more interest and require less effort to review now..." mentioned the goblin hoping to make a friend by being this honest now, continuing "...plus one has to socialize too, where those with high expectations soon learn to their cost that no one is obliged to meet those expectations there, whereas those instead who involve their readers in their persona are often pleasantly surprised by someone reviewing their works, not because of the work in itself but more simply because they have taken an interest in its author, but either way then, the reader the writer and the poster too, and all one and the same now, where the root question then becomes not how to be reviewed by other authors here but how to win over those readers directly for here is not some dunce workshop for would be authors, no unfortunately it's actually your showroom window where those readers are as if reading you already by it, so smile for the camera though I'm really sorry about the readers too, where hopefully you're not one of those readers then, as in someone who just reads that is, quite missing out upon replying back I mean, btw you haven't read this post now have you, good, for I do believe this forum still has some writing standards to maintain, thus if anyone asks you can say that you were looking at the picture instead..."

Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

Hey fmm, how's the family?
"...wife visiting japan, son in china, leaving me and my daughter here to guard the fort so to speak under gray clouds aplenty, yes hardly a day of sunshine neither, one could just as well be seeing england rather switzerland then, not a bad thing really as at times it does get too hot..." mentioned the goblin, thanking xxxxx for his concern, adding "...no, the odd thing is that switzerland should be the poorest country in europe with no natural resources worth talking about, and yet, in reality it's the richest country in the world, why, because everyone's money is here, so I would just like to take this opportunity now to say a big thank you to everyone reading this post for both their money in itself and for the fact that they are paying us for looking after it too, in what could well be called a perceived currency economy here...", the perception being that since those central banks were pouring in all that extra liquidity into the ship of state here, simply it created a need for one country to act as the world's lifeboat so to speak for the time when everyone else finally got to see where all that extra liquidly was actually taking them

246 4595 153309

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:17 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 05:48 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome to writersbeat where any excuse will do now, and where all but none of this can be proved anyway..." smiled the goblin liking what he'd read of her so far, though she could well be a he then, well yes, youngsters these days were rather odd that way, adding "...well, if you write on the forum itself, then I'll always keep you company, yet I am not elsewhere here, and have no need to be elsewhere neither, why, because these days more readers read posts than they do most anything else, so you and I could write fully in our posts to become known then, or just to remain as known unknown as I do...", and with that the goblin simply took off his scarf and laid it out in front of youngster now, asking "...so what do you think then, will this pass for a red welcoming carpet between us now, or do you think it's all too over ostentatious as gestures go, plus it's is the wrong color anyway isn't it, I mean couldn't you humans come up a different way of welcoming new members here...", in fact, the goblin was more into coffee himself, the mere thought of which sent his eyes upwards as he then placed a lone finger on his chin, then looking back at the youngster, simply went "...well now, those readers are like a pack of wolves, where one walks a fine line here, one where one doesn't lose sight of them nor get too close neither, as nothing I imagine is ever worse than being gobbled up in all their expectations, so shall we keep them guessing instead..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:18 AM..
Old 08-02-2014, 06:03 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, goblin doing a welcome

"...at last..." went the goblin just happy to meet someone quite clueless as she put it, adding "...well, clueless sounds much like innocence itself, which in turn sounds most youthful indeed, so you and I are simply youthful here and thus writing to us can still be this mystery with our forumland between us now even moreso...", at which point the goblin looked at xxxxx's feet, clicked his fingers together, and brought forward a pair of ruby slippers, saying "...well, it's all very simple I suppose, these shoes are purpose built for someone to walk the length and breadth of forumland here with, yes it gives you back your youth to its full where heads will turn towards you quite attracted by their sparkle within your posts, ah but I should warn you though, that there is one thing that one must be most careful about, never click them three times together now, for if you do, you'll be that wise old person that you were in that dailylife of yours quite home and dry with the sparkle of one's anonymity vanished too, so no more personal details please as the other you is so much more you by it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:20 AM..
Old 08-03-2014, 12:55 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "knock knock" thread, someone's intro

"...well, you're already writing being read here, where alas these are your readers of this age too, so I guess all you have to do now is just get known by you posts in any way you can, or else you could still try to pass yourself off a one of those run of the mill writertypes who turn up here with some set intro/ad/link post failing utterly for the contempt it shows towards those reading them directly by it, plus theirs would be one of a dwindling market share anyway, no let's be honest, quo vadis then, where are books going I mean..." smiled the goblin actually not caring for all that bogus trying to be a writer route at all, still smiling though "...yes sure you want to read something still, who doesn't wish that of themselves, but what with this internet eating into everything, simply where is there that time in one's day to read at length, moreover, how does one reply to a book anyway, so no then, not only do you want to read at this point but you also want to see what you are thinking by way of what you are replying too, where I guess that if that goes for you and me, then it only stands to reason then that the same thing stands for most everyone else online too...", in fact, the goblin was always polite with those authors when they turned up here with their intro/ad/link, where that photo in the avatar was a dead giveaway now, yet it warned him straight off that he was about to read a intro/ad/link again where no doubt the voiceover in the back of his mind would interpreting it all as, hi I'm matron's prime target for that suppository on bingo night once more, not that the goblin minded much as he knew they weren't going to stick around anyway, and that if they didn't see the reader at the other end of the posts like this, that their book would simply share that very same failing then, at which point the goblin just waved his hand across the air in front of him as if pushing it all away from him now, confiding "...look, if the author can't do the posts, and hasn't the time to be active on the forum neither, just pass that one over for someone who can and who has what it takes to keep you coming back for more now, why, because there are more readers online today than in that bookworld, so here's my offer then, I'll help you where I can now, but you must see what I mean for yourself and help yourself to it mostly..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:21 AM..
Old 08-03-2014, 01:05 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "knock knock" thread, continuation

You could've saved yourself a bit of time and just typed up a quick knock, knock joke. But yeah, I know what you're saying, which is why I've stopped seriously sending work out to publisher, except for the occasional online journal, where people can offer instantaneous feedback. The internet is the future, as you very eloquently put it, which is why I'm here. Remember, I was talking about 20 years ago when I went around telling everyone I wanted to be a novelist; the bookworld wasn't so dead then--beaten down pretty badly, sure, but still revivable... possibly.
"...ah, but doesn't that beg the question of whether goblins actually do knock knock jokes in their welcomes upon forumland, where as luck would have it you have some of the very best minds in all humanity just reading posts online today, plus and also have the readers of these posts too much like your good self now, thus that answer might yet be forthcoming still..." ventured the goblin liking the xxxxx's style indeed, explaining "...no these days they want short interactive content, where all you have to do if figure out your persona here while going against their established norm, why, because the more they try to write as they should the more alike they all become by it, where indistinguishable is as good as invisible then, oh yes, nothing like those imperfections of one's individuality to keep oneself out of their trap there, and thus one's paints a post and the brushwork straight off tells the onlooker that here was a goblin by it...", whereupon the goblin looked back at xxxxx a moment and then asked "...so how about you now, care to write wrongly with me then, care to turn this ever so correct old writing world on its head in your very own way, I mean by now there must be millions of book writers out there, but how many of them do you know by their posts is what I'm pointing out here, where me I'm just another livewriter on his journey to self here, and where this anonymity vouches for me the sincerity of these my words now..."

246 4599 153428

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:22 AM..
Old 08-05-2014, 05:24 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

Oddly enough, fmm, your posts are a rare example of something that's easier to read on the phone than on the laptop, as it's necessary to scroll down slowly. And then they are mostly interesting and fun to read...

http://www.wired.com/2014/08/smart-phone-journalism/?mbid=social_twitter

Like Twitter, mobile has long been underestimated: People assume that because the screen is small, the content should be too. That's turning out to be both simplistic and wrong.
"...you're quite right, and it's more or less what I noted too,..." mentioned the goblin who had simply started out contorting his writing style to hide his identity better, adding "...but also I asked myself what I wanted from forumland here, where the two things I wanted most it seemed were real content and very interactive, basically I wanted online interactive content then, something quite different from books that one couldn't reply to, and blogs that relegated one to mere commentator status..." in fact, even now, even if the potential was enormous, the goblin would never step out of his anonymity, saying "...the lessons I learned were that the posters will read long posts once they trust your content, not before though, I learned too, that a picture is both eyecatching and tells the reader that its a livewriter they're reading, also, that the persona of something, a goblin in my case, is far easier for them to remember than some username that most posters rely on today, moreover, vivid persona leaves the username free to serve the second function of throwing up one's other threads when googled, and again, I also learned that landings, visiting other forums as a goblin usually resulted in a outright ban but was fun for challenge of it, and lastly that hitcount equates to a readership but is not nearly as important compared to replies that equates to a replyship, meaning that blogs were not as nourishing as threads because threads tended to get more replies where even a thread with a very high hitcount was actually of less value to me than a thread that fed one back something, hence your replies are what I'm here for, and thus I too am a glutton for online interactive content, where most writers that I have come across to date are neither willing nor ready to adapt to it..", "...gosh what a long post goblin..." went the chorus in the background, adding "...so, what's the post about then..." whereupon the goblin just fell into despair about the readers once more

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:23 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 08:57 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

The hostility your format tends to receive always strikes me as an interesting phenomenon. It's likely closely related to some of the reasons people use message boards at all, given all the other means of communication available today, including online things like Twitter and Tumblr etc. And even though I'm a forum user I'm not entirely sure why I like this format better than others. Or why people like me and the others here buck the trend and are perfectly happy to have a literary goblin lurking in a corner.
"...it's just a bit of audacious fun on my part..." replied the goblin knowing how he loved replies, then adding "...and besides, I suspect that by now everyone here knows how to read my posts even to the point where they no longer notice, something like a french accent then, or a goblin's way of talking...", plus the goblin was never by nature malicious, for he depended upon others, as it was through conversations with others that his own thoughts came into being, saying "...guess we're back to the idea of feeding here, where a writer would feed his readers with his works but where a livewriter instead would feed upon his reader's posts now...", where for example these last two posts had come into being because you and him had fueled the goblin's mind with their content, where smiling the goblin then confided "...when I started out, I didn't know anyone else who both stored and reworked their posts, me, I had no choice being a dislexic, just I had to go back and edit them each time, but today I'm one of quite a few livewriters now, each one different, and each one recognizable too, but still it means nothing really, as my first post will be the same as my last one now, where the price of one's self honesty here has to be this anonymity to go with it..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:25 AM..
Old 08-08-2014, 04:19 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the "being broke" thread

"....society is increasingly encouraging one to treat the homeless harshly..." mentioned the goblin noting how in some cities in america feeding the homeless had become a crime, thus compassion is a crime in the need to clear the streets of homeless, but no, if it were some foreign land where people have no food, they would be given aid still, adding "...no church will speak out against this, nor will mainstream media, nor academia for that matter, why, because society wants you to live in fear of your unsure work status, your future then, it's just work for less or join the homeless isn't it, for what is debt then, is it not buying into one's own slavery, yet everywhere one looks this debt/slavery is encouraged by the government, a debt given out by the bank and then taken on by the government thus transfered to one's children by the criminal negligence of a two party system that has only one paymaster here..."

xxxx 4602 154128

Last edited by fleamailman; 08-08-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Old 08-14-2014, 10:31 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

We have to take the necessary action now to stop this Islamic stupidity from destroying the free world that we know.
"...in other words, we have to arm the other side now, is all that is written in that line there..." laughed the goblin, continuing "...but no, I believe america has more important issues closer at home, so what are the true unemployment figures, is obamacare working, how does six republicans coming together with six democrats under a president with executive powers to discuss the budget even remotely resemble democracy, ah no, jefferson warned against having a central bank, washington warned against foreign entanglements too, and what of the debt that you're piling up upon you children through QE indefinite, or those student loans there, churches muzzled by 501c3 tax exemption, your NSAA act, NSA keeping tabs on one, the two party one paymaster system, and so many other problems too that I haven't space to write them all down even...", in fact, at its simplest, the goblin wondered if the founding fathers would recognize america today or fight against it anew

Old 08-16-2014, 05:43 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, another landing going wrong as usual

Mod hat off . Yes I agree . Do not feed the trolls . It is how he gets his high .He cannot accept his real life as it is , so he has made up this fictional one in his feeble attempt to draw attention to himself . Don't waste your time responding to him and he will soon enough be gone . Instead pray for GOD to help him . This Forum is for adults who do not need to play games to inter act with others . Its a shame , as I am sure there are many mental help agency's who might be able to help him get back into society, So please do not feed him with responses that will only encourage his mental sickness .The sooner he gets the professional help he needs , the sooner he can rejoin then real world
"...ah no, I have accepted my dailylife as the passage then, much as I have accepted where that path goes to too, all those trappings and trinkets too, one's externals aren't they..." replied the goblin wondering how cheap an outlook was being imposed here, adding "...yet when I write it's something else entirely, where the persona is a mask of the alter-ego behind it, simply the pen taps into that alter-ego there, it's why I told you before not to write while haunted by those bad dreams, a common enough problem amongst those who write now, moreover, think over your accusations there, surely the anonymous by their anonymity are not attention seeking in nature, and are trolls ever as polite as I am, do they stick to topic like I have, where is it so mad to understand that nothing here can be proved by what one relates...", but by now the hour had caught up with the goblin once more, no he wanted to write long into the night still, yet his age was against that whim, while outside the clouded moon just seemed a lone witness to his drowning thoughts, sighing "...with writing, the illness is thinking of it as some illness, where others would more likely think of it more as a gift, me, I see it as pact with a muse, no I've paid her price from years back now, but at least I've got this ringside seat for my pains today...", where the goblin imagined that those who wrote knew this much already, while those who didn't write would mistakenly harp on in terms of madness or illness only as to be expected

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:27 AM..
Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

Hi everyone I joined a few weeks ago and decided I'd try to meet other writers and make new friends.
"...ah, I like you already, so befriend me now, and together we can conquer all forumland in posts aplenty..." went the goblin never minding that most of the forum was overrun by spambots, adding "...no, best to think of this forum in the context of forumland here, where all you have to do is just become known by your posts now, why, because you have a telephone don't you, I mean I think most everyone has a telephone these days, ah but can you read a book by that telephone there, no I don't think one can nor would one wish to neither, yet most folks read their texts by telephone, well then aren't those texts there and these posts here very interchangeable in practice...", in fact, the goblin's posts were mostly read on the small screens of tablets he imagined, smiling "...naah, it's not books but it's still reading though...", and with that the goblin tapped the red welcoming carpet with his foot turning it green wherever he trod, adding "...I'll be here should you care to write in posts with me now..." as the scene flowed passed them still, somehow the long writing season was nearing its autumn with the vast majority of authors not quite aware of the subtle changes around them

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:28 AM..
Old 08-16-2014, 11:49 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

I just want someone to see if I'm any good at my writing, that would be awesome!
"...naah, I'll never step out of the forum here human..." replied the goblin whose interest was in posts alone, adding "...but if you post part of your work here in the forum as a post, then I'll see it for sure, and perhaps those others who might not otherwise have seen it might see it, thus upping your chances so to speak...", but that was just the goblin for you, in that he never read anything by anyone of whom he hadn't first conversed with in posts, saying "...surely it stands to reason then, that if a writer hasn't the time for your company in these posts, then one should pass over that writer for someone else who merits note for his online presence...", yet either way it was in the writer's interest of explore forum readership more, why, because the buzzword today was online interactive content,to which the goblin just smiled, concluding "...just write what you like then, yet once you have written your work, the way to the readers is ever through forumland here, where clearly those elegant ads with links to a book fall flat without the author's constant online presence to go with them, so yes then, I'll help you where I can but in this you must help yourself mostly..."

247 4606 155395

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:30 AM..
Old 08-16-2014, 11:55 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

I am new on this site. I have written several articles. I need critical reviews in which reviewer can highlight my grammatical mistakes and flaws in my writing style. Would this be possible using this platform then? Thanks

"...not to worry now, just stick with me then and I'll have you writing like a true goblin in no time at all I promise..." went the goblin only happy to oblige too, but somehow suspecting that xxxxx had qualms still, and instead wanted to write like some greedy human, so the goblin merely added "...but at least let me offer you an idea here, in that if you overload the reviewer, that reviewer will refuse or soon give up on you, so no, instead break up the work, just a few lines at a time, and ask around then, till the work is complete that way, why, because these days I doubt anyone has the time to read at length, let alone proofread something, but who would ever begrudge you a few lines if you befriend them a little...", at which point the goblin drew a circle in the air the reveal a small white table with a coffeepot of finest filtered coffee to a plate of home made biscuits no less, whereupon hand a cup to xxxxx simply asked "...well now, would you agree with me that a writer without posts is much like a painter without sketches, and that a painter who does many sketches will fare somewhat better than one who only sticks to paintings alone, yet I ask myself too where one draws the line between a sketch and a painting today, between writing and posting I mean, where the reader of both is just one and same..."

Old 08-20-2014, 02:00 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is xxxxx, I'm one of the nonetheless most boring people you can possibly find. After about a month of publishing on here I had the great pleasure to notice that my blindness tricked me again in not allowing me to see that there was a forum on this website. So I just hopped in to say hi, and maybe meet some writers and make some connections in this world like a skillfully crafted thought. Oh and I am from Italy so forgive my often wrong use of the language.
"...welcome to here than..." smiled the goblin just happy to have company awhile, while outside the day was winding down into night now, adding "...naah, it's not that something is well written that ever makes it pulling in itself, it's that its author can place the readers into the scene like a snake confronted with snake charmer, where the reader thinks that the charmer charms that snake there, but no, look more closely and one soon notes that it's the onlooker rather than then snake that is being charmed through his motions...", and with that the goblin turned his gaze to xxxxx and smiled, saying "...you'll write with us won't you, I mean there must be more readers across forumland today than in that bookworld now, where you could still write a book if you wish, or become this forum's snake-charmer instead..."

247 4608 156008

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:31 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 05:12 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

These are all just really long run-on sentences with poor usage of commas. Interesting nonetheless.
"...in conversation on a telephone there is no punctuation neither yet somehow everything works out and the listener has no problem..." mentioned the goblin liking xxxxx and thinking that women had more talent for writing in posts than men but that men had the stubbornness they often lacked to sustain over the years, adding "...and besides, if I were to start using full stops then by nature my posts would never end, thus only having commas stops me from going overboard in length, important where readers are not book readers but facebook goers, and btw, please don't worry if you don't understand my posts now, no, worry instead about when you do actually understand without noticing that you have, where I'm not sure that overexposure to goblins a such a bad thing now, but you'll let me know if you go mad then won't you..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:32 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 05:32 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

Yeah I get that. Why are you so prolix?
"...it's like some journey to self here isn't it..." replied the goblin thanking xxxxx for the question and thinking that she stood on the threshold of her seeing these posts as something more than just her chatting with the others here, more like something to exact her own thoughts to herself to be stored away for later, adding "...I mean why do people ever write then, if not to create a feedback loop between the words they've written out before them and the thoughts they're thinking still, moreover, there's a coffee next to my keyboard here, where this coffee takes quite some time to drink too...", explaining why to the goblin the post become more about thinking it through than replying in haste with one's very first thoughts now, adding "...simply, don't misunderstand my seeming kindness, where each aspect of what you see and read of me has a benefit therein where I'm about the most selfish creature upon forumland, but I won't live twice so I want to get it right to myself..." breaking off a sec to take another sip, then continuing "...and how about you now, are you still discarding your posts like it never even mattered, where if not, you could repost something you've written before, so when you're ready, but you become as in doing so, a livewriter reposts posts..."

2474610 156030

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:33 AM..
Old 08-23-2014, 10:01 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, the mouse who had restarted her blog after her summer recess

“…yay, “the mouse show” is back on the road again…” went the goblin in long awaited glee here, adding “…well, this is my window into your blogworld humans, where if you want me to read you now, all you have to do is involve yourselves in the going-ons here, where my golden rule is rather simple, it is, that unless they’re actually dead, something which I suspect you might not be, know that I only ever read those authors who will converse with their readers like this, where doesn’t the line go “nobody reads my posts but it’s always somebody who replies”…”, whereupon the goblin then added a quick proviso here, saying “…however, if anyone dead is reading this text, know that I’ll read their response a bit later then, perhaps when we’re back together again where we could talk about old times, yes I’d like that, no in all truth I’d love that in fact…”

Old 08-23-2014, 10:11 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, an example of above

("...if we go around advocating killing them, as in our revenge killing then, then we are no better than they are, we are as them then..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...for doesn't the devil always find ways to kill people in god's name, yes they are cursed for what they did for sure, but when I hear christians baying for blood, I know the devil has foothold in their hearts, hate it as you may the dictates of Jesus are clear here, where either you follow jesus in this matter or you're following the other one for sure...")
I will take being a bad, alive Christian as opposed to a good dead one.
Self defense is not revenge.
"...well that in self defense is none such, instead all you are suggesting is an escalation of conflict here..." replied the goblin again, then remembering same stuff elsewhere not so long ago, saying "...look, its just like what happened in northern ireland between the chatholics and protestants in the nineties, where jesus's dictates were just as clear back then too, but no, the clamor for blood in self defense was a constant problem, and besides too, what method are we choosing here, a drone that has 95% collateral damage decided by some secret court, or are you suggesting sending in your troupes in yet another "done that been there" scenario, but why there alone, why not send them to sudan too, and mali for that matter, where exactly the same thing is happening if not more so even...", in fact, the goblin somehow knew that america had far more pressing matter at home, boring as they would seem, but the dedollarfication between trading nations was the biggest threat had faced since 1971 with the nixon shock leading the birth of the petrodollar, explaining "...more than half of your dollars worldwide are uncirculated as held as treasury bonds in foreign banks, now if you're serious about defeating your enemies here, clearly you'll need to strengthen your dollar instead of adding liquidity at low interest, and stop those corporations from outsourcing abroad, in short your country a fiscal mess, a tax-law quagmire, a two party one paymaster democracy, with your media spoon feeding you with "exotic foreign whatever" to keep you looking at that instead of what is really happening to you..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:36 AM..
Old 08-23-2014, 10:13 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

If my Jewish and Hindu friends were as rude as I am, they'd tell your goblin that he's a religious bigot, with symptoms of a really serious case of MPD.
"...I suppose one becomes a religious bigot but if one is one simply because one follows that thou shall not kill rule then just "guilty as stands" on that count, sorry then..." mentioned the goblin wondering about multiple personality disorder too, smiling "...put it this way then, in two years from now you won't remember the vast majority of posters you have conversed with here, why, because your brain is not wired like that, whereas I doubt that you ever forget have conversed with a goblin now, being my first point here, where it's not my fault you humans haven't thought out this writing in posts to your long term advantage, I mean I'm not using narration dialog and pictures just to amuse you now, ah no, I do this because in ten or twenty years time your posts will be just the same I imagine, whereas my three goals of a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye and a credible persona will be that much nearer...", in fact, the goblin liked being here, it felt like being in small town america, exclaiming "...thank you for your kind acceptance of me where it would seem that I have much to learn you now..."

Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

Surely you don't believe your own poetic drivel, goblin. Your road trip into religious moral equivalency is naive and short sighted. This experience has gone beyond religious conflict; it is now a matter of fighting evil in its ugliest form. It is about fighting abhorant evil absent from any religion or ideology. It is about killing a rabid animal devoid of, and in spite of, any modern religion. It is about fighting a well-armed force that would just as soon chop yer fucking head off just for being different. And sure as the sun rises, goblin, you are different. So it's best to watch yer neckline and hold the religious equivalency crap in abeyance. Both Jesus and Mohammad would agree to sit this one out while we kill a cowardly evil animal ... before it kills you.
"...dead serious now..." replied the goblin, continuing "...where if you fight them now you'll fuel them further, but perhaps 12 years hasn't been not long enough to know that if you tip the balance in favor of one side, then you'll only have to tip the balance back later, see the weapons they use today, and guess where they come from too, and how do you like your new buddies the iranians now, no, of all the air raids carried out recently only two of the were anywhere near those trapped on the mountain, so now who rescued them if the americans didn't, the PKK in fact, so now we arm the PKK in turn another well known terrorist group...", in fact, the goblin admired washington's stance of no foreign entanglements, and jefferson's ideal of no central bank, smiling "...jesus could have killed for your sins, and your founding fathers could have had no ideals neither, yet they were true to themselves, but today it's your media on behest of corporate america is sucking you ever further into this quagmire, why, because what happens in the middle east is the side show now, the real show is dedollarfication of the global market, you'll see what that means soon enough, and kick yourself for being caught blindsided, but don't think then that no one told you now..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:38 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 04:20 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

"...no, I never think of this thread as actually mine now, in that anyone can post here in the sense of it's being "an edit thread" meant to be used for that purpose then, though in practice thankfully it's more like some "chat thread" instead..." mentioned the goblin who noted that much was most odd with the world of late, then pointing out his dismay at ourdearmedia by relating "...isn't the media coverage just so trivial today, and faraway looking too, that in the end one has little choice but to become one's own journalist in the credibility gap left by their wake, yet unbelievably the major media networks themselves can't seem to figure out why they are losing their viewerbase to the more "take it or leave it" internet here...", where that old maxim of he who pays the piper calls the tune could well be replaced by a newer maxim today that went he who pays the piper remains the only paying attention to the tune, whereupon the goblin just adding "...wonder if I'm the only one drawing some parallel between permitted publication under the "king's stamp act" of old and that of a "broadcasting license" of today, where approved news does seem somewhat above outright propaganda..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:39 AM..
Old 08-26-2014, 04:21 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere

"...naah, it's much like the chinese saying best not to live in interesting times..." mentioned the goblin whose mind's was mewing over various bits of information today whose significance he vaguely understood but whose total consequence eluded his conjecture still, continuing "...and yes, by now that china would know about interesting then, what with creation of the brics bank last year, and their signing a bilateral currency swap agreement with switzerland too, and then what with the swiss for their part likely to hold a referendum in 2015 as to whether to peg 10% of their currency to gold, it's all becoming far too interesting for comfort indeed...", in fact, the war was real enough but it was still only a currency war, but it was one where the west was overplaying its hand as if going for broke, whereupon the goblin just looked at his keyboard, and said "...at its simplest then, the devaluing of a currency results in a decirculation of that currency if some alternative in on hand, thus without fanfare one witnesses the dedollarfication of trade where things will go from bad to worse now, thus the question for me is what part my little country will unintentionally play in america's self sought liquidation through endless liquidity..."

247 4616 156855

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-28-2016 at 01:40 AM..
Old 08-30-2014, 12:21 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, another landing, not quite hitting it off with the locals

Alas, poor goblin. Such a prolific poster, left talking to himself, wondering if it's time to move along or if he'll even be missed. Yes. And no.
"...naah, to be honest that wonder was more like when was this forum going to come back online again..." ventured the goblin, thanking xxxxx and fearing the worse too, then thinking that now would be a good time to come to the aid of his friends across the pond there, saying "...so here you go then, I've consulted with the red cross here in geneva who have suggested that I start a program on your behalf, yet I was wondering if you would care to help me with the wording of the appeal then, something like hello, first I would like to this opportunity to wish you seasonal greeting seeing that in a few months from now it will be christmas once more, where no doubt you'll be with friends and family eating and drinking, but where there's another side to christmas too, the one of kindness and generosity toward those less fortunate than yourself, and yes it's hard in these festive times to think that there is actually another world out there, but yes there is one, and it's very real indeed, and it sorely needs your help now, where I'm sure you have heard about the plight of your cousins the americans of late, where images of shantytowns and barefoot children can no longer be ignored, tragic isn't it, but no, you can make all the difference here, yes just 20swiss francs a day can change the future of the likes of xxxxx living in abject misery, or xxxxx if you prefer to foster a girl instead, so what say you, I mean they really do need your help, thank you for reading this text and god bless you now, to which the goblin felt that he had done his good deed of the day, saying "...surely they can't doubt my wish to support their forum now..."

xxxx 4617 157471

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-21-2016 at 12:18 PM..
Old 08-30-2014, 12:34 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

repost from elsewhere, on the fatal shooting of micheal brown for stealing a cigarette

Yes, dear goblin, I've been accused of being a bit slow, but how does an article about Kate Mickler getting caught shoplifting relate to our American police state? Better yet, WTF does it have to do with the OP?
"...just one law for the poor, another for the rich I guess..." replied the goblin wondering how to go about the next bit, adding "...just that the mindset of those in charge of you has changed in my view, where the media just wants you and me to look at this as some isolated incident, and to once more go down that black guy/white cop distraction till the cows push up daises, but no, what interests me more is the way the police force is changing, how crowd control is changing, how mass arrests are managed, how drills to that effect are becoming more commonplace today, the use of arms then, and which arm too, the new laws, and so on, and no, nowhere did I imply you were slow xxxxx, merely you asked me for my opinion as an outsider where my opinion is that the police are changing into something more sinister still if you care to look at it, where after all, we'll never know the truth about that shooting anyway, all conjectures are just that, ah but instead, we will know if the procedure and equipment of the law enforcers are changing for the worse by what the media unintentionally shows us in the background of it, so watch not where magician points to, keep that vision as wide as possible..."

http://gothamist.com/2014/08/12/justice_blinded.php#
Old 09-07-2014, 01:59 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,920

("...been doing some very dark posts of late, few of which I can repost here..." apologized the goblin)

repost from elsewhere, new, just hewing

"...the best way to protect america is to stop pretending that "kicking butt abroad" will somehow bolster its defenses at home, for it won't just as it hasn't to date..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...no, when history looks back at this period, most people will wonder why america devalued its own currency, why america sent its jobs abroad, why its democracy fell foul of vested interests, why everything had simply slipped into debt resulting in disrepair and despair, in short, how ideals like "no foreign entaglements", "no central bank" "habeas corpus" "due process of law" "freedom of speech" had been replaced by "arbitrary execution" "secret courts" "judicial corruption" "NNDA act" "military prisons" "NSA" and the like...", in fact, it was as if the british king george was pointing the finger and blaming the colonist's woes upon the french instead of himself, whereupon the goblin just sighed "...look, once you saved europe from the nazis, you were welcome as liberators, but what has happened since then is that those neoconservatism policies have now caught up with you..."

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe