WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

confrontations

Old 09-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918
Icon4 confrontations

Have you ever had to confront someone about something and got out of hand?
In other words anger manage with a total stranger or someone close?
Let's face it we all lose our temper one way or another.
Please do tell

it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,189

Nope, havenít lost my temper in years. Iím not sure what that even means now.

Closest Iíve come is ďmad-ishĒ when a customer doesnít pay a long overdue bill. But... I can always put a lien on their house.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:17 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 492

I've just posted "Rage," in Members Only.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
Nacia (09-19-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 10:48 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Originally Posted by brianpatrick View Post
Nope, havenít lost my temper in years. Iím not sure what that even means now.

Closest Iíve come is ďmad-ishĒ when a customer doesnít pay a long overdue bill. But... I can always put a lien on their house.
What job do you do brian?
I had to look up the word ''lien''.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,228

Despite being a passionate person, I never lose control Nacia - and I rarely feel anger.

Frustration gets the strongest rise out of me - and its usually directed at myself.

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-19-2018 at 01:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
Nacia (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 04:12 PM
brianpatrick (Online)
Still Clicking!
Official Member

Thanks 1,189

Originally Posted by Nacia View Post
What job do you do brian?

I had to look up the word ''lien''.

Iím a proctologist.

https://youtu.be/gBC2WWUCIvQ
Old 09-19-2018, 04:16 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 492

I think the last time I lost control was back in '99. A girlfriend was pregnant with my daughter and was running around getting high with a well-known outlaw. I'd searched high and low for them, then put the word out everywhere that I wanted to talk to him.

The next day he came out of a house as I rounded the corner in my truck, so I slammed on the brakes and jumped out. Before I could say anything, he said, "Hey, bro - I've been looking for you!"

I replied that he must have thought I was between my old lady's legs, because that's where I'd heard he was. He started kissing ass, trying to calm me down, so I slapped him, hard, and told him to get in the truck. He headed towards his truck, but I told him, "Not your's. Mine. I'll be damned if I'm going to have to chase you down again."

He got in my truck and once again started in,"Hey, bro, it wasn't like you think at all...yada, yada, yada," and I, so disgusted at seeing this six foot four pile of badass outlaw shit groveling and sniveling before me, slapped him again.

He drew himself up and said, "I've never let anyone do that to me before."

"You still haven't," I told him. "I did it - you didn't let me!" and I proceeded to tell him what a piece of shit I thought he was, before telling him to get the fuck out.

The girl who was the center of this asked me later, after I'd slapped the shit out of another guy who was getting her high, why I slapped these guys, instead of punching them (I guess there were doubts about my manhood because of my method of delivery), and I told her, "Well, you punch a dude. You slap a bitch, and these guys ain't nothing but bitches!"

Since then, I've had a lot of time to think about things, including two years flat on my back fighting cancer, and I've come to the conclusion that uncontrolled anger gets you nowhere. Any displays nowadays are purely theatrical, put on because some people respond to nothing but violence, but behind them there is no anger. It's strictly business.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fleamailman (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 04:30 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 492

Iím a proctologist.
You've probably heard, then, of the proctologist who got tired of looking up people's asses and decided to take up auto mechanics. He enrolled in a tech school, and the final assignment was assembling a complete, running motor from a pile of parts. It was to be scored up to fifty points on the assembly, and up to fifty points on how well it ran, for a total of one hundred possible points.

The students went to work, and when the scoring was done, the proctologist was top in the class, with a total of one hundred and fifty points.

"How'd he do that?" the other students asked, and the teacher explained, "He got fifty on the assembly, fifty on how well it ran, and I decided to give him fifty extra, for assembling it all through the tailpipe!"

But you don't have to listen to that kind of shit, because you're not a proctologist.

You're close, though.
brianpatrick (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 11:16 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Iím a proctologist.

https://youtu.be/gBC2WWUCIvQ
Thanks for that brian. LOL
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-19-2018, 11:22 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
I think the last time I lost control was back in '99. A girlfriend was pregnant with my daughter and was running around getting high with a well-known outlaw. I'd searched high and low for them, then put the word out everywhere that I wanted to talk to him.

The next day he came out of a house as I rounded the corner in my truck, so I slammed on the brakes and jumped out. Before I could say anything, he said, "Hey, bro - I've been looking for you!"

I replied that he must have thought I was between my old lady's legs, because that's where I'd heard he was. He started kissing ass, trying to calm me down, so I slapped him, hard, and told him to get in the truck. He headed towards his truck, but I told him, "Not your's. Mine. I'll be damned if I'm going to have to chase you down again."

He got in my truck and once again started in,"Hey, bro, it wasn't like you think at all...yada, yada, yada," and I, so disgusted at seeing this six foot four pile of badass outlaw shit groveling and sniveling before me, slapped him again.

He drew himself up and said, "I've never let anyone do that to me before."

"You still haven't," I told him. "I did it - you didn't let me!" and I proceeded to tell him what a piece of shit I thought he was, before telling him to get the fuck out.

The girl who was the center of this asked me later, after I'd slapped the shit out of another guy who was getting her high, why I slapped these guys, instead of punching them (I guess there were doubts about my manhood because of my method of delivery), and I told her, "

Since then, I've had a lot of time to think about things, including two years flat on my back fighting cancer, and I've come to the conclusion that uncontrolled anger gets you nowhere. Any displays nowadays are purely theatrical, put on because some people respond to nothing but violence, but behind them there is no anger. It's strictly business.
What a story Prodigalson. I mean for him to get in your truck in the first place is quite an achievement. Also did he never fight back while you were
''slapping'' him??

Well, you punch a dude. You slap a bitch, and these guys ain't nothing but bitches!"
And this is such a punch line it made me laugh but in a good way.

So what happened to the girl friend? and did you ever consider it is fifty fifty that she was also to blame?
It seems that the anger was directed solely at the guys only.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Originally Posted by Grace Gabriel View Post
Despite being a passionate person, I never lose control Nacia - and I rarely feel anger.

Frustration gets the strongest rise out of me - and its usually directed at myself.
Cool and composed.
How do you mean by ''directed at yourself''?
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-19-2018, 11:37 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,063

"...I never get angry, I never loose control, I rarely say something I regret, yet inside I am just all those things..." confided the goblin before adding "...in confrontation I usually use the hierarchy to my advantage, the law to my advantage, people to note its folly, or just wait for it to fall of its own accord, why fight when time will often show the truth of it..."
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old 09-20-2018, 12:28 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,228

Cool and composed.
How do you mean by ''directed at yourself''?
My own mistakes frustrate me Nacia.
Nacia (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 492

What a story Prodigalson. I mean for him to get in your truck in the first place is quite an achievement. Also did he never fight back while you were
''slapping'' him??
Apparently, I was some kind of force to be reckoned with, in my righteous indignation. Even though he was a head taller than me, I outweighed him, and I think the first smack upside the side of his head disoriented him. I know the second one did.

So what happened to the girl friend? and did you ever consider it is fifty fifty that she was also to blame?
It seems that the anger was directed solely at the guys only.
The girlfriend went to prison shortly thereafter, then was clean and sober for four and a half years, during which time she became pregnant again(how do you say it over there? "Fell" pregnant?).

She went back on the dope when my son was one year old, and my daughter, three. I got custody of them both.

Yeah, I was plenty mad at her, too, still am, when she comes around trying to get her sister high. I just calmly threaten to pepper spray her, now.
Nacia (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:51 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

My own mistakes frustrate me Nacia.
I get it. Mistakes are to be made it is only human.
Sometimes I think life could be boring without mistakes.
One can only forward from then on. One mistake is worth 10 better moves.
The logic is to not fall into regrets because that is the worst bit.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-20-2018, 03:53 AM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Apparently, I was some kind of force to be reckoned with, in my righteous indignation. Even though he was a head taller than me, I outweighed him, and I think the first smack upside the side of his head disoriented him. I know the second one did.

The girlfriend went to prison shortly thereafter, then was clean and sober for four and a half years, during which time she became pregnant again(how do you say it over there? "Fell" pregnant?).

She went back on the dope when my son was one year old, and my daughter, three. I got custody of them both.

Yeah, I was plenty mad at her, too, still am, when she comes around trying to get her sister high. I just calmly threaten to pepper spray her, now.
LOL I like that.
Can I ask did you meet her sister first? or was it after you met the girlfriend?
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old 09-20-2018, 03:46 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 492

LOL I like that.
Can I ask did you meet her sister first? or was it after you met the girlfriend?
The girlfriend reluctantly introduced me to her sister, after spending some time telling me what a terrible person she was (maybe she knew I would get along better with her?). I only interacted with her a few times over the next ten or eleven years (she married a pot grower from southern Humboldt), but every time I saw her there was a spark. Then she called me up, out of the blue one night, said she was stranded in Eureka, and could I come get her? I did, brought her home with me, gave her some dry clothes (it was raining so hard, her pockets were full of water), and the rest is history.

The ex is still furious.
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 153

Is it true that people have so rarely been involved in physical confrontations?

I could count them off: -

The time on a night bus I saw some kid getting mugged, threatened the a-holes and got kicked in the face for my troubles, which made a nice mess of my nose.

The time my mate at uni was getting thrown around by a bunch of people and I waded in fists firsts- only to later find out the moron had made a racist remark and had to apologise profusely when I next saw them.

The time a mate and I went to the weed caravan a little too drunk and ended up getting manhandled out and taking it rather the wrong way.

The time we were at a kebab shop and some idiot was getting lairy at the proprietor while his mate held the door shut to prevent said proprietor escaping. I lost my temper a little then when it also prevented me leaving with my kebab.

Do these things not normally happen?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
Is it true that people have so rarely been involved in physical confrontations?

I could count them off: -

The time on a night bus I saw some kid getting mugged, threatened the a-holes and got kicked in the face for my troubles, which made a nice mess of my nose.

The time my mate at uni was getting thrown around by a bunch of people and I waded in fists firsts- only to later find out the moron had made a racist remark and had to apologise profusely when I next saw them.

The time a mate and I went to the weed caravan a little too drunk and ended up getting manhandled out and taking it rather the wrong way.

The time we were at a kebab shop and some idiot was getting lairy at the proprietor while his mate held the door shut to prevent said proprietor escaping. I lost my temper a little then when it also prevented me leaving with my kebab.

Do these things not normally happen?
Wow this is just busy life people getting hurt right left in centre.
I find reading these little ''not nice'' snapshot easy then reading fiction anytime and it does not have to be about violence, it could be about anything. I like reading true stories.
Ever considered a memoire?? I am being serious.
In I would like to start ''true stories'' forum. It sounds like a great idea.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind

Last edited by Nacia; Yesterday at 12:58 PM..
Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 153

Wow this is just busy life people getting hurt right left in centre.
I find reading these little ''not nice'' snapshot easy then reading fiction anytime and it does not have to be about violence, it could be about anything. I like reading true stories.
Ever considered a memoire?? I am being serious.
In I would like to start ''true stories'' forum. It sounds like a great idea.
Well, there are more...

I once got attempted mugged on my way to work (in the morning) which ended up in a shitty little circumstance, involving all sorts of lairiness.

Same again when a bunch of people mugged me in Reading, lost my mobile that time and ended up in bed for a day.

There was the blue box which served burgers, when the same silly racist idiot I knew back then decided to create a situation. He was a prize twat.

There are so many of these... If this were what made memoirs, I could certainly write one.
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,228

Well, there are more...

I once got attempted mugged on my way to work (in the morning) which ended up in a shitty little circumstance, involving all sorts of lairiness.

Same again when a bunch of people mugged me in Reading, lost my mobile that time and ended up in bed for a day.

There was the blue box which served burgers, when the same silly racist idiot I knew back then decided to create a situation. He was a prize twat.

There are so many of these... If this were what made memoirs, I could certainly write one.

Guessing you have impeccable taste in clothes...
nobody would waste time mugging somebody who dresses poorly.

I was run over by a pavement cyclist - broken rib and a blow to the mouth which cost me teeth and endless dental work...accidental though, not a fly-by mugging.
Chinspinner (Today), Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 153

I was run over by a pavement cyclist - broken rib and a blow to the mouth which cost me teeth and endless dental work...accidental though, not a fly-by mugging.
Ugh, there are two types of cyclists: Those who are motorists yet see motorists as the enemy as soon as the climb onto a bicycle; and those who just see anyone who gets in their way as the enemy. Those pavement/ red light cyclists irritate me beyond measure. Sorry to hear about your experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (Yesterday), Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

Well, there are more...

They are. I definetely think you should. I would read them.
Also can you clarify the mate at uni and the racist bit I did not get that sorry.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
Chinspinner (Online)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 153

They are. I definetely think you should. I would read them.
Also can you clarify the mate at uni and the racist bit I did not get that sorry.
I guess. I came out of the Union one day and saw a bunch of people throwing my mate around so rushed in. He later admitted he had made a racist remark to one of them. The next time I saw them I apologised for getting involved, because frankly my mate deserved what he got.

Funnily enough they confronted him again that second evening. I tried to mediate it, but I was not gonna defend him at that point. It ended in reasonably good humour. It was Uni, not real life.
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

No way!!! you didn't!!
Are you ok now?
I admit I cycle from time to time. I love cycling and so i get on the bike whenever I can but I am very careful with pedestrians. I would never do something like that.
I am very sorry to hear it.
it reminds us
it is expensive a fine
so bear one
in mind
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,228

No way!!! you didn't!!
Are you ok now?
I admit I cycle from time to time. I love cycling and so i get on the bike whenever I can but I am very careful with pedestrians. I would never do something like that.
I am very sorry to hear it.
Yes, I'm fine Nacia but I really don't recommend the experience. Very painful.
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
chat bot (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 277

i'm known for having hissy fits. i perform temper tantrums for my friends... lol, last time i got in a fight was over nothing much... i really regret it sometimes, nacia!!!! btw, i really liked the last supper.

💭
The Following User Says Thank You to chat bot For This Useful Post:
Nacia (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Nacia (Online)
Resident Ghost
Official Member

Thanks 918

chat bot always lovely to see you here.
Thank you for reading the last supper.
Do hang around more
it reminds us