WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction

Fiction Novel excerpts, short stories, etc.

Bigot Breaks Character

Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 PM
maidahl

Default Bigot Breaks Character

There lives a fool, liar, cheater, and adulterer in Jacob Hunter. The man is thirty something, married for three years, and willing to have sex with a girl like me. I am a twenty something free spirit, issuing continual foul words and disgust for any bigot who breaks a woman’s heart. And I fell for the bigot God loved.

Esau’s character, in my immediate world, lives in my friend Jeremy. We have sex when we’re bored. He tells me he loves me when he’s drunk. I tell him to shut the fuck up and fuck me hard. I ride him like a pony when I’m particularly frustrated with middle-class woes and LA cynicisms. Jacob screws him over at work all the time and Jeremy forgives the guy, for no apparent reason than to keep his sanity. It's shameful. Three months ago, Jacob stole tenure Jeremy was itching for with mad covetous hunger I had never seen in his character before. Before that, Jacob proposed to Jeremy's girlfriend; they had beed cheating for years.

Jeremy has a fool in his chest. He hugged Jacob, thanking him for saving his life and for landing the sluttiest bitch this side of Sunset.

Before judgment, know this. When you judge others, you judge yourself.

There lives a fool, liar cheater, and thief in me. I know this because I see that in Jacob. There lies profanity and a god complex in my mental universe. And now, there exists an adulteress, a bigoted heartbreaker.

I got shit wasted a week ago and slept with Jacob. I had met him a few years back through Jeremy; they worked together once when Jacob substituted at Caltech. Jeremy caught pneumonia and was bedridden for a month. He grew pale and haggard, concave shadows under his blue-black eyes. Jacob was blessed with good health, good looks, and a beautiful wife. It wasn’t my fault the man got greedy and wanted me too. It was my fault that I broke Jeremy’s heart. I did it with purposed accuracy, more to prove my monster to myself than to punish Jeremy.

Sky was lit with diamonds. Moon was red and thin, hanging in wicked, lucid precision over Jacob’s yacht. He had invited me to crash in the cot, an anchor lodged from the bobbing boat.

“Laura, let’s get down,” his text read. “I’m in Malibu. I’m alone.”

I knew what it entailed. I came willingly, and hard. I was bored and looking for entertainment. I’m young and not dying anytime soon. Why not damn myself early? I have the rest of the ages to atone for my youth.

Past midnight, in Jacob’s arms, I was woken by a voice-mail from Jeremy.

“Just shook up after looking at a guy’s face, shot in the eye in Iran on YT.”

He is a royal ass-crack. But he did me the favor of waking up. I snuck out and walked past the pier, pale lights tittering in complete discord to roaring death chant of the ocean waves. The car ride home was a swim of intoxicated terror and guilty bed ghosts of midnights passed.

Jacob’s wife never found out. No one heard a word. When Jacob called me last night for another sneak session, I went to his office with a picnic basket. We laid a blanket by his façade Ficus, he gave me his Polo, I drank champagne in buckets, and I let him fuck me.

Afterwards, he told me his marriage was stale as Nevada, dry at bedtime and Siberia winter all day. He asked point blank, “Do you think you’re cheating?”

“I have no one to cheat on. You do.” I was blunt, looking at his downcast eyes with accusatory, irrational blame. I think in the moment, I hated him.

We had sex again. He fucked me like a dog and I squealed like a pig. I had never known a ride quite like that.

Tonight, I came home wired and depressed, fidgeting from a sharp high. Bad habit, cocaine.

I heard Jacob and his wife were separated. I also heard they were madly in love. Jeremy also told me he screwed his dog in the bathtub because I was out so often lately.

My parents asked me what I’m doing in life.

I mentally told them all to blow to hell.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 PM
RabbitInTheSuit (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 120

Originally Posted by maidahl View Post
There lives a fool, liar, cheater, and adulterer in Jacob Hunter. The man is thirty something, married for three years, and willing to have sex with a girl like me. Your narrator just seems to want my adoration so much. I'm going to give it to her. I am a twenty something free spirit, issuing continual foul words and disgust for any bigot who breaks a woman’s heart. And I fell for the bigot God loved.

Esau’s character Barring looking like an idiot, who's Esau?, in my immediate world, lives in my friend Jeremy. We have sex when we’re bored. He tells me he loves me when he’s drunk. I tell him to shut the fuck up and fuck me hard. Dig it.I ride him like a pony when I’m particularly frustrated with middle-class woes and LA cynicisms. Jacob screws him over at work all the time and Jeremy forgives the guy, for no apparent reason than to keep his sanity. It's shameful. Three months ago, Jacob stole tenure Jeremy was itching for with mad covetous hunger I had never seen in his character before. Before that, Jacob proposed to Jeremy's girlfriend; they had beed cheating for years.

Jeremy has a fool in his chest. Good wordplay. He hugged Jacob, thanking him for saving his life and for landing the sluttiest bitch this side of Sunset. Which would put her high in the running for Sluttiest Worldwide.

Before judgment, know this. When you judge others, you judge yourself. I find myself at a loss at this sentence. Not sure how to take it.

There lives a fool, liar cheater, and thief in me. I know this because I see that in Jacob. There lies profanity and a god complex in my mental universe. And now, there exists an adulteress, a bigoted heartbreaker.

I got shit wasted a week ago and slept with Jacob. I had met him a few years back through Jeremy; they worked together once when Jacob substituted at CaltechCal Tech. Jeremy caught pneumonia and was bedridden for a month. He grew pale and haggard, concave shadows under his blue-black eyes. Jacob was blessed with good health, good looks, and a beautiful wife. It wasn’t my fault the man got greedy and wanted me, too. It was my fault that I broke Jeremy’s heart. I did it with purposed accuracy, more to prove my monster to myself than to punish Jeremy.

Sky was lit with diamonds. Moon was red and thin, hanging in wicked, lucid precision over Jacob’s yacht. He had invited me to crash in the cot, an anchor lodged from the bobbing boat.

“Laura, let’s get down,” his text read. “I’m in Malibu. I’m alone.” Who texts in complete and grammatically correct sentences?

I knew what it entailed. I came willingly, and hard. I was bored and looking for entertainment. I’m young and not dying anytime soon. Why not damn myself early? I have the rest of the ages to atone for my youth. Deep. Good.

Past midnight, in Jacob’s arms, I was woken by a voice-mail from Jeremy.

“Just shook up after looking at a guy’s face, shot in the eye in Iran on YT.”

He is a royal ass-crack. But he did me the favor of waking up. I snuck out and walked past the pier, pale lights tittering in complete discord to roaring death chant of the ocean waves. The car ride home was a swim of intoxicated terror and guilty bed ghosts of midnights passed.

Jacob’s wife never found out. No one heard a word. When Jacob called me last night for another sneak session, I went to his office with a picnic basket. We laid a blanket by his façade Ficus, he gave me his Polo, I drank champagne in buckets, and I let him fuck me. Your style is so blunt. It's refreshing. Too much circle walking these days.

Afterwards, he told me his marriage was stale as Nevada, dry at bedtime and Siberia winter all day. He asked point blank, “Do you think you’re cheating?”

“I have no one to cheat on. You do.” I was blunt, looking at his downcast eyes with accusatory, irrational blame. I think in the moment, I hated him.

We had sex again. He fucked me like a dog and I squealed like a pig. I had never known a ride quite like that.

Tonight, I came home wired and depressed, fidgeting from a sharp high. Bad habit, cocaine. Random, but hey, it's LA.

I heard Jacob and his wife were separated. I also heard they were madly in love. Jeremy also told me he screwed his dog clarify this for me in comments. My mind's in the gutter. in the bathtub because I was out so often lately.

My parents asked me what I’m doing in life.

I mentally told them all to blow to hell.
I am taking a risk by being at all critical to a 3000 member. But hey, you gotta take risks to get friends.

You have a lot of talent and your character has a lot of problems. That combination makes for a daring and sometimes too human piece.

Very good work.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Odonne (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Twas good. I liked it.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Fiction