WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

Drunkeness

Old 09-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22
Default Drunkeness

An apology for drunkenness already committed and many to come. Have I, or should I, act drunk, it was just the beer talking. So please blame the beer.

Might I add that drunkenness is not acceptable for children under nine years old, and if you are younger, please pretend that drunkenness is not fun until you reach age, and realise that then it is a lot of fun. I think the law required me to state that.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:23 PM
Myers (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 364

Good advice. I put off drinking and using until I was 14...
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
Chinspinner (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Good advice. I put off drinking and using until I was 14...
Thank you for the positive and optimistic response.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 364

Yeah -- those 5 years made a BIG difference. I could really handle it at 14. (Sort of joking.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Myers For This Useful Post:
Chinspinner (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
Yeah -- those 5 years made a BIG difference. I could really handle it at 14. (Sort of joking.)
Not sue if you need thanks or a cuddle.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Myers (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 364

Hah. That's all WAY behind me.

Clean and sober as the proverbial judge these days...
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,072

Do you really drink?

Or do you just pretend, so you can be obnoxious?

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 09-02-2017 at 04:30 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grace Gabriel For This Useful Post:
Chinspinner (09-02-2017), Myers (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,072

Drink doesn't 'talk'. It locates and exaggerates the ugliness inside someone and gives it expression.

Any genuine sense of shame would move you to remove the foul diatribe that you've posted all over the site.

But you won't, will you?

Because you're proud of it. It's what you wanted to say but don't have the spine to take ownership for it without an excuse.

No, don't clean up after yourself. Leave the comments up, and wait for admin to delete you from the site. Another rejection from a bunch of losers that just 'didn't get you' right?

Carry on hiding behind an avatar and a booze problem. You can tell yourself this is just what you do on the internet...
Chinspinner (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

Originally Posted by Grace Gabriel View Post
Drink doesn't 'talk'. It locates and exaggerates the ugliness inside someone and gives it expression.

Any genuine sense of shame would move you to remove the foul diatribe that you've posted all over the site.

But you won't, will you?

Because you're proud of it. It's what you wanted to say but don't have the spine to take ownership for it without an excuse.

No, don't clean up after yourself. Leave the comments up, and wait for admin to delete you from the site. Another rejection from a bunch of losers that just 'didn't get you' right?

Carry on hiding behind an avatar and a booze problem. You can tell yourself this is just what you do on the internet...
This is one of the harshest and most honest criticisms I have ever received. It is true that I enjoy too much beer. The sad truth is that I am a kind person when sober and a pain in the arse when drunk. You sent me a very kind post, which I appreciate.

Am I proud? Ashamed would be a better description. Yet, that is not acceptable, I spend time drunk, and during that time I am a piece of shit, and that is a huge part of who I am. I do not like it.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:23 AM
fleamailman (Online)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,828

("...often it's a choice between that alcohol there or one's family I suppose..." mentioned the goblin suspecting too that any family is doomed if it gets to the point where someone in that family is excusing themselves upon their drinking habit, yet either way the old man seated opposite the goblin now typing away was too old to drink so out of politeness the goblin too never drank in his presence, to which the goblin then smiled at something saying "...whereas I could blame my muse for what gets written, or I could thank her still, or be utterly indifferent even, yet how is one ever going to know what is within oneself if one doesn't at least try to write it out of oneself too, and so I'll follow you there in apologizing for what gets posted by me, hardly knowing what that will be, yet it's not what one writes is it, nor how it's received that is truly enjoyable, no instead what's pleasurable are those long moments of sifting through one's thoughts in the process of conversing that makes this creating post here as enjoyable as paintings a picture...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-04-2017 at 02:19 AM..
Old 09-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...often it's a choice between that alcohol there or one's family perhaps..." mentioned the goblin suspecting too that the family is doomed if it gets to the point where someone in the family is excusing themselves upon their drinking habit, yet either way the old man seated opposite the goblin typing away was too old to drink so out of politeness the goblin never drank in his presence neither, to which the goblin then smiled at something saying "...whereas I could blame that muse for what gets written I suppose, or I could thank her still, or be indifferent even, yet how is one ever going to know what is within one if one doesn't at least try to write it out of oneself now, and so I'll follow you there in apologizing for what I post too, not that I ever know what that will be, yet it's not what one writes nor how one is received that is truly enjoyable, no instead it's those long moments sifting through one's thoughts that makes this creating a post as enjoyable as painting a picture...")
I think I speak for everyone when I say, please use paragraphs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinspinner For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 02:15 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,828

Originally Posted by Chinspinner View Post
("...often it's a choice between that alcohol there or one's family perhaps..." mentioned the goblin suspecting too that the family is doomed if it gets to the point where someone in the family is excusing themselves upon their drinking habit, yet either way the old man seated opposite the goblin typing away was too old to drink so out of politeness the goblin never drank in his presence neither, to which the goblin then smiled at something saying "...whereas I could blame that muse for what gets written I suppose, or I could thank her still, or be indifferent even, yet how is one ever going to know what is within one if one doesn't at least try to write it out of oneself now, and so I'll follow you there in apologizing for what I post too, not that I ever know what that will be, yet it's not what one writes nor how one is received that is truly enjoyable, no instead it's those long moments sifting through one's thoughts that makes this creating a post as enjoyable as painting a picture...")
I think I speak for everyone when I say, please use paragraphs.
"...alternatively you could ask yourself why I don't use paragraphs and then with such questions you'll become ever so bright before long..." replied the goblin politely enough, then adding "...btw what do you think of your own posts so far, I mean if you want to play the troll here I'll happily play along with you, but remember a troll never has the initiative, he builds no readership per se, and then those years pass and what has he got to show for all his time upon forumland, yes your choice isn't it poet...", the goblin lightened off a bit, after all most posters newly arrived here had their own set ideas about posting to begin with, then the goblin just continued"...actually if it helps, I'm on troll forums too, they do serve their purpose there and have their mindset about posting, yet here you are with us writertypes now, writertypes whose focus is quite different again, something like "how one sees one's own posts" perhaps, where if there's a need of a second paragraph then one might well think upon a "follow up post" perhaps, just saying...", and with that the goblin bid chinspinner slow down in his posts a bit, concluding "...naah, it's not what you post, it's what you didn't know that you could post that makes all the difference in your posting..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-04-2017 at 12:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

This is unreadable. Blame other people or excuse yourself all you want, but use fucking paragraphs. Can I be honest Flea-whatever... I think you are a little lacking, a little stupid, I think you are a child playing at adults. You cannot even string an sentence together, please go back home, your mum is waiting.

Last edited by Chinspinner; 09-02-2017 at 02:21 PM..
Old 09-02-2017, 02:23 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,828

("...if something is unreadable then obviously it doesn't get read and thus doesn't build up a hitcount to it..." smiled the goblin suspecting that chinspinner hadn't thought of what he could have replied for writing his first reaction only, smiling "...slow down, make an effort, even you can do it...")
Old 09-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

("...if something is unreadable then obviously it doesn't get read and thus doesn't build up a hitcount to it..." smiled the goblin suspecting that chinspinner hadn't thought of what he could have replied for writing his first reaction only, smiling "...slow down, make an effort, even you can do it...")
No, still nonsense. No message here.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,072

Makes perfect sense - and more to the point, worth reading.

It's interesting how vocal you are about the pitfalls of this site - yet we can't keep you away. A handful of us show loyalty to an old playground, trying to bring in new blood. Three new members registered last night in fact - and haven't reappeared after judging the forum by your base insults and aggression.

How nauseated you are by warmth and sentimentality - when its what you need yourself. Perhaps Nick's thread sickens you because your own absence is only ever a relief....

And you're starting down the same route tonight, as you knew you would.

Write - not cheap insults but write why you feel this way. Write why you drink. Write why you're full of hate (and It IS your hate, not the drink). Write why you hide behind excuses.

Write until it's all on the page and out of your system.

Write until your fingers bleed and your brain clears.

Take CONTROL.

And see what help and support comes from the people who have been you themselves and hate seeing you this way.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:47 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,828

(the goblin just repeated his post, the message in it, saying "...if something is unreadable then obviously it doesn't get read and thus doesn't build up a hitcount to it, meaning that if you do a post and the hitcount to that thread at that point stands at a hundred views only to be a couple of hundred views a few hours later then you have no need to question its readability there, the hitcount cuts through your conjectures concerning readability...", yet that alas was just how many authors thought, how they put the cart before the horse so to speak, smiling "...at its simplest then, it's not that something is well written that ever makes it pulling, it's that it's actually pulling that makes it well read...", and with that the goblin thanked chinspinner, inquiring "...by any chance do you have the readership yourself to be able to judge whether something will gain a readership just by the way that it is written...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-02-2017 at 02:49 PM..
Old 09-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Chinspinner (Offline)
Intellectually Fertile
Official Member

Thanks 22

ok, stuff I cannot be bothered to read. Make your plot tighter.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:52 PM
fleamailman (Online)
Official Member

Thanks 3,828

ok, stuff I cannot be bothered to read. Make your plot tighter.
("...so we're the same then, for I can't be bothered with someone who can't be bothered, or rather I'd like to bother myself solely with someone who has the willpower to read on and write back, someone who wants more from their posts than those simple off the cuff "one liners"..." laughed the goblin off to converse with someone who could be bothered then, smiling "..authors have plots, while trolls have wits, and where you have that drink there I suppose, just each to his own I guess...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-05-2017 at 12:45 PM..

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe