WritersBeat.com
 

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table

The Intellectual Table Discussions on political topics, social issues, current affairs, etc.


Science and Ghost Hunting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default Science and Ghost Hunting


Interesting article by Dashane Watkins

IScience and Ghost Hunting


When scientists debunk ghosts their first statement is usually, “there is no scientific proof of the existence of ghosts.” This is wrong. There is scientific proof. Science even has theories that explain something must be happening beyond what we know and what we can see.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955), Time Magazine's Man of the Century and one of the greatest minds the world has known, taught us that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only be changed from one form of energy into another form of energy. This means that no matter what is done energy cannot be destroyed.

Human beings have both electrical and chemical energy in our bodies. We are organically designed to carry our electrically charged brain and nervous systems. When we die our chemical bodies begin to break down and decompose. The organic side returns to wear it came from - energy changing into a different form of energy as Einstein's law says. So what happens to the electrical energy that flows through our brain? It can't simply disappear or fade away out of existence. That would break the laws of science. That energy has to still be somewhere only now it has changed into a different form of energy. What happens to the energy is really determined by personal faith. No one knows exactly what waits beyond this life. What we do know, thanks to science, is that the electrical pulse energy in each human being will always exist because as a rule it “cannot be destroyed.”

Another great scientist who believed in life after death was Thomas Edison, (1847-1931). Edison was a genius ahead of his time. He invented the light bulb, phonograph, typewriter, electric motor, stock ticker, and 1093 other patented inventions. One of the inventions that he worked on at the end of his career was a secret project, a machine that would let the living see and communicate with the souls of the dead.

Edison believed that that the soul was made up of what he referred to as “life units.” These microscopic particles or life units could rearrange into any form. They retained full memory, personality and were indestructible. Edison's machine would detect these life units in the environment and allow living individual to communicate with the dead. He put many years of hard work into his new creation, but sadly, he died before it was finished. Some called Edison crazy. Others thought that he was onto something bigger than the idea of the light bulb. They believed that if he would have had a little more time, we might all today be living in a very different world.

It's been found that in almost every ghost haunting and poltergeist that there are certain electrical elements at work. Using EMF detectors ghost hunters can monitor these electrical forces. These devices can examine and record even the smallest fluctuation in the surrounding electromagnetic field. Everything gives off some kind of electromagnetic field, even our own bodies. Electrical appliances, like television sets and computers give off higher distortions than a lamp or a toaster would. When ghosts are present there are higher levels of electromagnetic distortions. Many times the distortions are so high that they interfere with the working abilities of computers systems and audio/video equipment. High levels of static electricity are also detectable.

Recording temperature changes is another scientific way of detecting the presence of ghosts. Fluctuations of more than 10 degrees have been recorded in small areas of rooms with constant temperatures. It's a scientific fact that there has to be some form of energy present to alter the temperature. Temperature does not change unless "something" is affecting it one way or the other. In many ghost sightings witnesses report feeling a cold spot. This could be caused by the fact that light does not seem to reflect correctly off of most ghosts, which also gives them a dark form. The light seems to be absorbed into the ghost. The theory is that ghosts absorb both light and heat energy causing the general area around that ghost to be several degrees cooler. There are also hot spots recorded, which could be just the reverse affect occurring. Instead of soaking up the light and heat the ghost is reflecting it back, causing the area to be warmer.
These unexplainable electromagnetic fluctuations and temperature changes are scientific evidence that something is happening. Ghosts are real.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2018, 04:43 PM
brianpatrick's Avatar
brianpatrick (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,350
Thanks: 432
Thanks 1,199
Default

So, if ghosts are real, so what? I mean, they can’t touch us, are do much but freak us out. So why the hub-bub? Who cares if some whispy figures float around the world? I don’t care.

There is nobody that’s died I feel a need to communicate with.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2018, 04:46 PM
bluewpc's Avatar
bluewpc (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 461
Thanks: 3
Thanks 48
Default

Not even Harvey Oswald?

As to the arguments of the article. Energy cannot be destroyed true, it can however be converted from usable energy into nonusable energy. Anything that expends energy renders the energy expended unusable. Whether this is through conversion into kinetic, electrical or thermal, the result is the same. In the case of death what happens to the energy in the body is this: The thermal energy is radiated off until an equilibrium is achieved with the ambient temperature.

The electrical energy, generated biochemically, ceases to be produced once the supply of blood and oxygen is interrupted for a long enough period which is another way of saying once your nervous system starts to die. That energy also is radiated thermally.

So no we all diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

Unless of course there is infinity as we conceive it in which case we are doomed to relive this moment an infinite number of times in an infinite number of permutations.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bluewpc; 05-08-2018 at 05:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Myers (Offline)
Grizzled Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,224
Thanks: 382
Thanks 403
Default

edited

Last edited by Mohican; 05-12-2018 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-19-2018, 06:28 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Nothing living dies. Energy is transformed. Beyond that truth, your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what happens to a human being or an animal when it takes its last breath or when a leaf falls to the ground.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-19-2018, 06:33 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

You don't care if ghosts float around? Good. The post wasn't intended for you anyhow. Maybe somebody reading the article does care. Stop being so damn self-centered and selfish.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-19-2018, 06:35 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
edited
removed little tit for tat

Last edited by Mohican; 05-20-2018 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Konan's Avatar
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 638
Thanks: 82
Thanks 89
Default

CityBoy,

What's your view on mediumship?

Do you think that the spirits of the dead (or ghosts) enter peoples' physical bodies and control them?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Are you serious? Or are you clowning?

I doubt you would believe a close family member or friend if one of them mentioned a supernatural experience he or she had to you. So, what would be the point of giving my opinions about the topic? It would be a waste of time, both yours and mine.

Last edited by Cityboy; 05-20-2018 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2018, 06:13 AM
Konan's Avatar
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 638
Thanks: 82
Thanks 89
Default

I was being serious.

But if you want to get defensive and withhold your opinion, that's certainly your prerogative.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:05 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Originally Posted by Konan View Post
I was being serious.

But if you want to get defensive and withhold your opinion, that's certainly your prerogative.

You have a history. I'm not being defensive.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Konan's Avatar
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 638
Thanks: 82
Thanks 89
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
You have a history. I'm not being defensive.
A history of what, exactly?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Originally Posted by Konan View Post
A history of what, exactly?
Google "Patience Worth." Then, return with your opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2018, 07:43 AM
Konan's Avatar
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 638
Thanks: 82
Thanks 89
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Google "Patience Worth." Then, return with your opinion.
So does this mean you believe mediumship to be a reality?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Originally Posted by Konan View Post
So does this mean you believe mediumship to be a reality?
My question was "What is your opinion about it," not "What I believe about anything."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,348
Thanks: 265
Thanks 495
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
My question was "What is your opinion about it," not "What I believe about anything."
His (Konan's) question was what your view was on the subject; what you think about it.

Refusing to enter into a dialogue because another person has a history of asking questions does nothing to further one's position.

That aside, electro-magnetic variations are the rule, rather than the exception, as are temperature variations within a room, especially in a drafty old building, and I would think that corroborating evidence (such as a visual sighting combined with a definite variation in electro-magnetic energy in that spot) would be necessary before any kind of judgement could be made as to whether these variations are actually ghosts, or something else.

That said, I have experienced some rather strange phenomena in some rather strange places, so even though I've seen no concrete evidence, I'm willing to entertain new ideas that may rationally, definitely explain these events.

However, if someone calls me names for asking, I'm probably not going to believe them.
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-21-2018, 12:52 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Your vision is clouded too. If he has an inquisition mind, I would gladly express my views, along with experiences I've had with the supernatural. Obviously, He chooses to remain a closed-minded individual trying to bait another into his web for argumentative purposes only. What the fug does that have to do with learning? What's wrong with you people? Immature as kindergartens. You get your kicks trying to put down others with different opinions or viewpoints. Nothing intellectual about that shit.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Konan, in my former neighborhood, most kids were hip to your stupid tactic by the time they were seven-years-old. My advice to you -- grow up, already, man. You're too old to be behaving like a baby.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-21-2018, 01:26 PM
Konan's Avatar
Konan (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 638
Thanks: 82
Thanks 89
Default

Cityboy,

Are you aware that you form snap judgements based on no evidence?

I ask a legitimate question, and suddenly I'm trying to bait you into a discussion for argument's sake. I don't know where you come up with these ridiculous conclusions.

Paranoid much?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Originally Posted by Konan View Post
Cityboy,

Are you aware that you form snap judgements based on no evidence?

I ask a legitimate question, and suddenly I'm trying to bait you into a discussion for argument's sake. I don't know where you come up with these ridiculous conclusions.

Paranoid much?

One more word of advice: when you become serious, ask Ed the question. He seems to know just as much (or more) than I do about the topic. Kid, I know you like a an old comic book. Toss out the chitty diapers and grow up.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-21-2018, 03:11 PM
Prodigalson's Avatar
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Humboldt Co., CA
Posts: 2,348
Thanks: 265
Thanks 495
Default

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Your vision is clouded too...
That's what I'm after, Cityboy, is clarification. Be the breeze that lifts the fog from the mud flats of my understanding. Don't insult me, or talk condescendingly to me. Inform me. Convince me.

I think it was Einstein (for lack of a better name to drop) who said if you can't explain something clearly enough for the average man to understand, you don't know your subject.

Convince me in your own words, without posting a bunch of articles (which are someone else's thoughts), that ghosts are real. Speak from personal experience, maybe lead me through the mental processes which led to you believing the way you do.

You say I seem to know as much or more than you on the subject, and I may have experienced things that would make it seem you are right, but the more I know, the less I know I know, and if you have insights I haven't seen, I'm eager to hear them.
__________________
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-22-2018, 05:33 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

Ed, the kid comes into the discussion with no intention of learning anything. His primary objective was to bait me and then bash me. I'm not thin-skinned, but that isn't really a nice thing to do. (That's what I meant about "clouded vision"). I mean, you've been around the block a few times. I'm surprised you didn't pick it up.

Okay, you want some clarification. Using some of my own words and the words of someone who has been in the business a lot longer than I have.

The medicine man, shaman, yogi, clairvoyant -- those perceiving a world beyond the five senses -- do not see any problem in communicating with animals and forces of nature. Theirs is an inner knowing and the words that they or anyone might use to explain the process carry a much lower value than the experience itself.

They are not concerned if their ideas or experiences do not fit neatly into current scientific theories. To them, the supernatural is natural. Events beyond the five senses become their way of life. No different from events in your life, whatever they may be.

Well, that's it. Stay healthy. The rest is unimportant.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-22-2018, 05:57 AM
Cityboy (Offline)
Still Clicking!
Official Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,679
Thanks: 32
Thanks 185
Default

I've posted countless times about spirit voices I have heard throughout the years, especially the one which warned me about thirty seconds before my front passenger tire exploded. Had I not heeded the warning and slowed the automobile, I certainly would have been killed in the crash because I was traveling at a high rate of speed. My mom's voice after she died -- I still treasure that experience. Friends and relative's voices. How do you convince anyone? There will always be either belief or disbelief; but, the main thing (I believe anyhow) is that even if a person disbelieves, that person should keep his/her door open and not bolted because beyond the five senses is a whole 'nother ballgame. If the mind is sealed, the opportunity to experience supernatural events decreases. It all boils down to the individual and how far he or she want to take the learning. Or, another way of putting it, if a child chooses to eat only vanilla ice cream, he or she misses out on the other flavors, while still enjoying the taste of ice cream. Or arguing with his friend that vanilla is better than chocolate. Hey, why not try chocolate too. The individual ... that's about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > The Intellectual Table


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Perfect a Science Fiction Story! Fellest Tips & Advice 68 07-30-2015 01:36 PM
The Ghost Enchanter Fiction 3 05-05-2015 03:13 AM
The Good Boys in: "The Case of the Science Temple" WilliamS. Fiction 0 08-08-2014 11:19 PM
Science and Ghost Hunting Cityboy Non-Fiction 10 08-15-2013 03:48 PM
Article: Science and Ghosts Cityboy Free Writing 2 03-29-2010 10:04 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:31 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.