WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

New here and looking for a writing partner

Old 10-21-2013, 11:25 AM
sitcomwriter (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Thanks 0
Default New here and looking for a writing partner

Hello All,

I'm new here and happy to have found this great site.

I've been writing for a long time, started with a novel and blogging, but this year I've really been intrigued by the world of sitcom writing. There are several sitcom writing books available and I've been reading up.

I began with writing my own Modern Family spec script, which led into developing my own sitcom pilot concept. I'm not self absorbed in my own idea/concept, but based on some of the sitcoms that are new on TV in 2013, I think my concept is very strong. My view is that some (not all) of the new sitcoms of 2013 are very weak, I guess in some cases it's not what you know but who you know in Hollywood

I have come up with a unique plot and set of characters that are driven by a common conflict. The concept is unique, there's never been any sort of sitcom plot like it before. It is not far fetched and very plausible. I have outlined each character's role and personality, which are naturally, subject to change. I have also written a pilot episode and part of the second episode.

I am looking for a writing partner for this endeavor. Yes, it's a very competitive industry and this would be a hobby at first, but who knows? I have a couple of strong female personalities in the cast, so am more interested in a female partner (but am open to male, if the right person). Mainly, I am looking for an honest and easy going person who is interested in sitcom writing and developing a project. I am both honest and easygoing too. I am not looking for a sitcom expert, but would prefer someone who does have a little insight into the industry, which can be gained by reading any number of sitcom writing books available (and I can recommend a few too). A passion for this idea/project is the most important thing.

I reside in Northern California and would prefer someone local to meet up with. BUT, more so, I want to find someone I creatively click with. Using Skype, I'm sure we could work it out. I know finding someone local would be difficult.

If you are interested, please let contact me via this thread. Please tell me a little about you as a person and why you think we would work well together and what you bring to the table and any experience you have.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Talkeetna (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 24

I'd love to help. Let me know if you're still looking.

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions