WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

oh how I hate editing posts, so share with me then

Old 09-13-2012, 09:46 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...good posts again..." went the goblin still ill, saying "...nothing serious just a nagging headache that never quite quits..."

repost from elsewhere, new,

i appreciate your posts too flea (i'd rather call you flea).....haven't figured out yet why i post...it's a work in progress... how does one express an inexplicable aching, a mourning of one's heart and soul?
"...never mind the how, come let us dance in a round to mark the change of season..." replied the goblin liking the posts each time, continuing "...well it's all rather simple then, we dance around the fire here where I get you to look at the flames, and what you then see in those flames was there in your mind all along, so I told you that goblins were not to be trusted, ah but we're not to be feared either..."

xxxx 3091 62912

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:19 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
brinny (09-18-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 02:12 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere, encouraging an admin to stay the course

and then the goblin just borrowed this space to thank xxxxx for not giving up on her forum, repeating "...your forum should be like your home, decorate it thinking that someone might visit, yes, and enjoy it when they do, but avoid that trap of having your home solely for the enjoyment of your guests...", the goblin paused and then suggested "...so why not turn your home into a studio then, or how about a study, or into your garden even..." simply the goblin had been saddened by the number of abandoned forums he had come across where their admins had clearly missed the point of their forum altogether, repeating "...first and foremost one's forum should be like a storeroom of self of all those things one likes or cares about, simply it has to selfish or it becomes selfless where no one can be selfless indefinitely, hence those dead forums then..." voiced the goblin who suddenly noticed the presence of the well established trees around him with visiting song birds who nested within their branches, and yet the trees themselves were never there for the bird's sake, concluding "...so forumland is a forest of forums where each admin, like a tree then, has to grow over all the years it will take to become established..."

21 3092 62938

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-14-2012 at 09:12 AM..
brinny (09-18-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...funny how forums come and go though new writers always appear...a repost then, encouraging someone elsewhere to write his problems away...

Jats chuckles non judgementally knowing he had cast women aside for less than being disgustingly human in his shallow youth "...well then, you have answered your own question without realising it, write, simply write, it is by far the best therapy, for you are luckier than many of your mono syllabic contemporaries, but first abandon that persona 'xxxx', and do pursue to write for the schools literary production, though write somewhere else too, as a different persona where all xxxx's past can be cast aside where only your writing stands and where for sure you can draw on that rich past that many writers could never experience, yes write what you know, free from judgement and the cat call..." offers Jats picking his teeth and slurping his tea anonymously "...will save you a fortune in therapy and worry not about love, love is perennial, and friends come and go as you change constantly to the ebb and flow on your journey, though do tell us more of those stupid twenty something's that surround you, a view from the ground so to speak for all your readers then, who you will find more than likely feel just the same as you then, when they suddenly open up in writing back, yes write to them while you hide amongst them, but be careful not to get famous along the way then..." warns Jats staring out the window of the little cottage by the canal wondering what's happened to the day now

Last edited by Jats; 09-14-2012 at 06:04 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
brinny (09-18-2012), fleamailman (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...and another one, let's see what they say...

I want to publish a book of your thoughts... visuals and all
I'd re-read it. :bigthumb:
"...I would imagine the copyright lawyers would have a field day for starters, though they are all stored away safely in the clouds when I want one, or all of them, but not that this is part of any diabolical master plan..." whistles the chamelon innocenty mumbling 'everyone has their price' now, but everyone knows by now that chameleons can't be trusted then "...though, to settle a continuing argument I am having on a writers site elsewhere would you buy an e-book now of some kind, for just 99 cents if there was a link then, but then this is an era where even that would generate less than advertising revenue if one wanted..."

brinny (09-18-2012), fleamailman (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:15 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere

"...but you are everywhere, that you are in fact every member in this forum under different names, and more than that, every member in every forum ever created, a more than astonishing feat, for sure, a truly Godlike feat, an impossible yet undeniably visible miracle," xxxxx puts out there, feeling invisible suddenly, then sort of translucent and tingly, then fully manifest and knowing that he is also you as a result, like all the others out there in the handbag of orgiastic atoms that is God's creation, the universe
whereupon the goblin too, stuck to his guns a bit and repeated the line that there is no identity on the internet bar one's own, saying "...you see, I used to wait for the number 9 bus to take me to work, where other buses would turn up and leave, and after a while I simply realized that it was all a conspiracy now, that is, that the london bus service was testing me once more, tricking me into thinking that they were all different buses, but where in fact each bus was actually the same bus only that had turned around changing it's route number the moment it was out of sight again, and although by logic one felt it couldn't be true, still one didn't have any proof, and by that same lack of proof any poster here becomes that other bus again, simply there is oneself here surrounded by phantoms, that's all..."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
brinny (09-18-2012), Jats (09-17-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere

Perhaps the op should learn to distinguish between 'friend' and 'acquaintance'.
and with that the demon looked down at the goblin sternly, barring him, and with grin said "...come now, first tell me the difference be a friend and an acquaintance here, or otherwise you must return from whense you came...", so the goblin paused and thought hard for a second, somehow knowing that his entry beyond depended upon this one reply now, and then, as if the answer seemed to rise up with him, looked back at he demon and just repeated his thoughts word for word saying "...well perhaps a friend is someone one doesn't know, whereas an acquaintance is someone one doesn't know either but moreso even...", "....pass, for now you may enter my goblin friend, oh and welcome to our kingdom of facebook..."

149 3096 63017

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-14-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere, new

I have the distinct feeling that my writing would be something less than warmly welcomed here....
"...nah, I'll read whatever is going, moreover I'll welcome anyone who wants to make a name for themselves on this forum..." replied the goblin amazed at the freehand he had been given to date here, adding "...yet the real question is how to adapt one's writing to forumland thus becoming known by one's posts, if only because by the time one has got someone to read the first line of an ebook elsewhere, imagine how many more readers will have just seen these posts, where for example I borrowed xxxxx's write nonsense thread in this section placing a wager that I can make it reach 10,000hits by christmas, which is an easy feat to a livewriter, but where the eventual goal of 100,000hit in a couple of years is the real test of faith now...", in fact, the goblin was an old hand at this, simply he had come to the conclusion a while back that the average reader was adapting to social networks, while the goblin's spending months writing out an ebook that then sold on amazon for 99cts was less lucrative than his flipping hamburgers, and where too, the real writers on forumland were so arrogantly absent or at best just trying to leach readers away from here to their publications, smiling "...yet you and I prefer to be here, not wishing to be elsewhere, so I'll ask it again, do you want to become known by your posts, I mean they do want something to read without having that time to read at length like they had before while you wish to write I imagine..."

xxxxx 3097 63131

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:22 AM..
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere, having it out with writers again

"...ah, but we are all just personas here anyway, where to post is to publish now, but without any of that circus publishing fanfair, or hoops and hurdles either, simply one posts away and that's an end to it, in that if one is read and the hitcount soars, or conversely if no one clicks onto your threads then that too is just the truth of the matter..." replied the goblin knowing that nothing else was this direct then, simply he could post as he liked, while someone else could just read it, and reply if they wished to, at which point the goblin tried to bridge it to himself by saying "...look if I'm any good I'll make 10,000 to the hitcount, whereas no amount of prestigious pedigree stuff elsewhere is going to substitute in the slightest for what they read directly of me, simply all that elsewhere may impress someone elsewhere, but on this forumland there's only one thing to remember, that you are your posts, meaning that those elsewheres in fact only make one look even more naked to those who can read the posts for themselves, simply they'll wonder why one isn't able to repeat one's elsewhere in one's posts too...", at which point the little boy's voice cries out "...please sir, why is the emperor without posts..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-16-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

and so, twenty minutes into the goblin's birthday, and the phone had rung to tell his daughter the her biological grandfather had finally passed away, where the goblin guessing correctly the situation, couldn't afford to be emotional at that point, no his duty was simply to show the example he expects from others there, where taking the phone his comforts where possible his stepmother who is more or less his own age, "...to be honest there is little one can say at the time, one just offers an assurance that one is there when needed then, and can be relied upon too..." mentioned the goblin now doubting that under the circumstances that type of death could have been anything but peaceful too as the images of mittens to stop him from pulling out the nasal feeding tube, his parkinson's, the brain tumour, the buckets of morphine, or just the total lack of dignity to it then, just everything in fact, told the goblin to be grateful for whatever mobility and mind he still had, but that somewhere too, unvoiced in the back to the goblin's mind perhaps, it also told the goblin that he mustn't let it happen to himself like that, saying "...ah no, early exit in late life runs in my family, suicide that is, nothing new there, where in switzerland if one has those doctor's certificates as proof, one only pays 1000francs to have it done both painlessly and properly...", yet the goblin felt lucky that one should be living in an age where one chooses one's own exit point in the face of the painful inevitable alternative, and lucky too to have received this oddly apt final birthday present from his father, remarking "...dad, I'm so awake now, where sometimes it's the bad things, and not the good things, that awaken one to one's priorities here..."

xxxx 3099 63220

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:23 AM..
Old 09-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

"...happy birthday then Flea..." Jats writes poignantly, sipping his morning tea and having something to latch on to now instead of another form lying waiting ominously that will consume the day ahead, so to write then first instead, as if to prove he is more than a mere reference number in the grand old scheme of things then "...if only it was so clear cut for me, where for sure there will come a time when mini-me can look back and see a glimpse of his own future perhaps, but to predict his own demise into alzheimers like his grandfathers, now currently going through a stage in the nursing home of kicking people, staff, fellow inmates and visiting family alike like a petulant child when not getting his own way, or his fathers different ending from a coronary within a year of retirement, is a little more difficult to forsee see, as for us two, me and mini-me, we oddity's of the family, we have no reference to our missing link the maternal grandfather who was, and still is a mystery, having waked away from his children never to return and so even that genetic trait has been blown out of the water then, though I could easily find him, dead or alive, and his father, and grandfather, and so on, in a long line of various deaths and circumstances looking for clues to my own future..." Jats chuckles walking past the forms that are teasing him it'll be debtors prison for tax evasion written on future census forms if you don't pull your finger out young man "...but no ones future is written, set in stone, inevitable, is it, if there is still a bit of rebel left in you that is..."

brinny (09-18-2012), fleamailman (09-17-2012)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere, the goblin cutting his loses somewhere, moving on

"...thanks xxxxx, I'll retreat from this forum without rumpus now, it's win/win where there's no need to fight losing battles nor cave in to their impositions upon me, but isn't it odd though that they first lock my thread because I have reposts form elsewhere upon it, and then remove many of my posts thinking that they have deleted the originals too, thus their behavior gives me all the need to repost elsewhere thus saving my work from this sort of arbitrary practice..." mentioned the goblin, who knew too that a livewriter could never really be edited off forumland, nor stopped for that matter, because the thinking was at forumland level and not at some individual forum level, just that their eggs were divided between baskets then, smiling "...so my habit of air/edit/backup is merely a tool I use to outflank any resistance that one might come across directly, as in delete me read me elsewhere each time, no it's a journey across forumland in posts then with only myself to stop me..."

91 3101 63299

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-17-2012 at 10:48 PM..
brinny (09-18-2012), Jats (09-19-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM
brinny (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 33
Default a belated Happy Birthday then, flea...

and so sorry to hear of the passing of your father...

...and about the headache.....they can be such a pain. i rarely get them anymore, but i had a whopper 3 days ago that persisted for 2 days, aspirins and all. i hope you're feeling.

You are missed my friend. As you may have guessed, i don't venture far from "home" but i ventured out to visit and wish you well. You are a treasure you know, and it still twinges me heart and baffles me when some are downright nasty to you.

It's stormy here and windy and chilly. Not sure how the weather is there, but here's a cup of belated birthday tea, straight from forumland to you, my friend.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brinny For This Useful Post:
fleamailman (09-18-2012), Jats (09-19-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...it's good to see you here then..." replied the goblin, adding "...your posts are good, I followed the other one on CF too, you're becoming yourself with more depth then, but I think the same can be said for most people who keep at it...", and with that the goblin reposted the same post here too)

repost from elsewhere, new, the "what are you writing" thread

"...me, I'm writing the downfall of humanity in posts mortals MYAHAHAHAHAHA.." went the goblin, continuing "...where your attention span is not what it was so those books are quite out of the question today, no, what you greedy humans actually want here is punch & judy for adults, nah you're reading this post more as someone in a conversation now, so you'll hear me out for sure but then you'll dip your grubby hands into your pockets for that little sack of 2cts coins again won't you...", no the goblin really liked humans, and compared to trolls mommies and writertypes, they seemed quite normal even

xxxx 3104 63372

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-18-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Jats (09-19-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Funny how Loz can feel so homesick while away only to arrive home and so suddenly want to leave again. Taking just a moment to hide before she screams, she pops by to say hello, -hello! - curling up next to Brinny and sipping some of that steamy tea. At least there's always a home here, she thinks -- one that takes her no place at all and yet further than she could ever hope to run.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
brinny (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 33

it's about the journey...the journey we must all walk, experience, learn from along the way....and sharing that journey, my friend

Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM
brinny (Offline)
Abnormally Articulate
Official Member

Thanks 33

Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Funny how Loz can feel so homesick while away only to arrive home and so suddenly want to leave again. Taking just a moment to hide before she screams, she pops by to say hello, -hello! - curling up next to Brinny and sipping some of that steamy tea. At least there's always a home here, she thinks -- one that takes her no place at all and yet further than she could ever hope to run.

hahaaa hello my delightful friend...'tis good to see you
Old 09-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...welcome back Loz, and hallo again then Brinny, yup cheer us up both, for gawds sake, either way, we post on then...

'and down comes the rain, and out comes the sun to...and down comes the rain' Jats sings to himself walking back from the shop, chuckling at that little rhyme, ingrained and resurfacing now albeit bastardised to suit "...I'm too young to die, though older than many that have, and my 'bucket list' is empty now anyway, all crossed off, done with and recounted to the point of tedium I guess, so what next then..." ponders Jats waiting for the sun to dry up all the rain, slightly damp and depressed in the little cottage by the canal having taken in the washing that has been hanging on the line in hope for the past three days and shoving it back in the washing machine to try again "...where for sure I could live vicariously through the boys and in the process fuck them up more than not being there at all I s'pose, yes, funny thing this 'life' of ours, this parasitic virus that can be seen from out of space spread right across the planet where it will all be for nothing in the end, either some dead wasteland, or the return of the reign of the trees in their relentless secession, though my money is still on the rats to be the only survivors..." smiles Jats cheering himself up a little in this process as the rain taps on the window again where Jats can't help thinking no wonder the fucking Romans left then

Last edited by Jats; 09-19-2012 at 03:20 AM..
fleamailman (09-19-2012), Loz (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere, new but the same reply as always

whats with the goblin ? dont like it am honest is all - does not feel as if it is written in a correct spirit.
"...well it's all very simple..." replied the goblin now, explaining "...try writing in third person without having a persona to go with it, so livewriters invariably have something that they feel comfortable with, and besides, what can I write that will prove to you that it's really me here, absolutely nothing because by default we are all anonymous on forumland, and yet from my own experience you humans will accept a persona of a goblin, precisely because it fiction then, far more readily than that of our actual reality between us, that of unprovable personas or masks then, so welcome to my world human if that is what you care to be here, for this masked ball of forumland awaits your pen I believe, so next question if there is one..."

xxxx 3108 63460

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-19-2012 at 06:00 AM..
Jats (09-20-2012), Loz (09-19-2012)
Old 09-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Nadja

Last edited by Nadja; 09-19-2012 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: doesn't matter!!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:55 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...here we go again, another forum where they'll find any excuse to rid themselves of me..." went the goblin)

then choose another persona as this ... gob·lin (gbln) n. A grotesque elfin creature of folklore, thought to work mischief or evil. i feel is not acceptable in a christian forum
"...nah, I'm happy as I am then..." replied the goblin honestly enough, explaining "...no, the odd thing is that you humans don't remember usernames much, and yet the moment one settles for a persona here, it become definitive as the one thing everyone clearly remembers, where for example if one were to market oneself across forumland now, then one really only needs three things to do it, a traceable username, and memorable persona, and a constant flow of content...", and yes, the goblin made no bones about his wishing to become known by his posts now, albeit anonymously known, saying "...oh yes, I could write books too, but forum readership is as yet an unknown, moreover you are reading these posts instead of those books, and it's the same story whichever forum I appear on, care to wager 10,000hits to this thread by christmas, I mean I imagine you do want readers to come to this forum to read the posts now, me I want what you want then..."

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:25 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Jats (09-20-2012), Loz (09-19-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...a new one then, finally finished after reading a hard hitting poem elsewhere here...

"...to football then, yeah yeah, yada yada boring etc but bear with me, as finally, after thirty years the truth has come out on the Hillsborough disaster where the fans have always been blamed for the tragedy that happened there, ninety six dead, thousands traumatised as it's finally been revealed that the police fed lies to ourdearmedia who obligingly spread the lies to us, where if it were not for a few who doggedly never gave up on the truth they would have got away with it too, so do you still believe what you are told, where for me, for years I have been more inclined to believe suspiciously 'something's not quite right here' as I listen to ourdearmedia spouting someone else's agenda over and over..." starts Jats waiting for kick-off here now in the little cottage by the canal and once again thinking of his father lost in his dementia though still drawn to the tv screen at the nursing home by the sound of the whistle and the roar of the crowd echoing in the recesses of his mind somewhere, and perhaps in a rare moment of clarity he too remembers that were it not for he and a young inconsolable tearful Jats missing the train then, the figure that day could so easily have been ninety eight "...so how many more revelations is it going to take I wonder, how many more examples of abuse, greed and corruption from those that rule us for 'our own good' need to come out for you to awake from your slumbering state of denial, will it only be when you are a statistic too, as they cash in the insurance policy on you, or someone dears dead carcass as the truth of these cuts for 'our own good' start to bite hard now underneath the figures spewed from ourdearmedia saying to the rest, it's not that bad, yes you're all right Jack, for now then..."

http://forums.writersbeat.com/showthread.php?t=41100

Last edited by Jats; 09-20-2012 at 07:44 AM..
fleamailman (09-20-2012), Loz (09-20-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...again you've done one of you best one's yet there Jats but I've been thinking that about many of your recent posts then, simply it was what I wanted to read tonight, something to set my mind thinking...")

repost from elsewhere

"...I am anonymous where many others here would seek fame and fortune now, so why not me then..." mused the goblin thanking xxxxx for her post, adding "...because there are really only two paths on forumland now, one of some known wendy and the other of an unknown peter pan, where my dailylife is an ever aging wendy made up of minutes, hours, days, years of one's total lifetime, and where yes, one can bring that wendylike aging self onto this forumland too, but forumland also offers one my peter pan of anonymity, an ageless formless self then, so that is me here...", in fact, the goblin feared mudusa who always seemed to set her authors in all that published stone dating them, saying "...no rather you than me now, so why should I compromise to her where you read me here without her anyway..."

149 3112 63586

Last edited by fleamailman; 09-20-2012 at 08:49 AM..
Jats (09-20-2012), Loz (09-20-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...a repost from elsewhere here...

Originally Posted by wyf View Post
I respectfully disagree with Ethan.

Jat is a twat.
"...ah I can be anything you want me to be wyf..." smiles the chameleon devouring another post history and unsurprisingly seeing nothing but negativity, not a single jot of writing on display, on a writers site, and that tell tale 'thanks' button they have here is always a dead give away too deduces Jats chuckling over a late night cuppa now "...and that's not very christian of you is it wyf, but then that's the thing about christians, they usually aren't, and wasn't it you that also said 'Art is supposed to annoy people, isnt it?', so think of what I do as 'art' then seeing as I have annoyed you for some reason with what I do, merely fighting without fighting, where if you want to discuss it further, pop into Flea's thread in the Writers Cafe where you can show us your writing skills then, meanwhile, I'm quite enjoying Ethan's display of self first, but you can be next, if you insist..." grins the chameleon "...though I warn you..." adds Jats "...I'm not one of these timid writer types you have been feasting on here..."

Last edited by Jats; 09-20-2012 at 03:45 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
Loz (09-21-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:54 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...you too Jats, well livewritng is fun to say the least..." went the goblin facing the same type thing, storing this post here in case it gets deleted there, adding "...um, if I wasn't older than them I would think their thinking is old then...")

repost from elsewhere

I think that this goblin persona is silly and that his forumland nonsense is not in line with the purpose of this particular section. I will continue to ask that he remove himself from any threads that I start... so far, he's been both obliging and apologetic. However, declaring him to be posting in the wrong spirit based on some lazy Funk and Wagnall's definition is beyond the pale. He's not claiming to be a goblin, nobody believes him to be a goblin, and he's not really even acting like the goblins of folklore... which were, despite Funk and Friend's assertion, as often helpful and kind as they were mean and deceitful. He's an annoyance, I'll grant that. But he's new, so let him either come out of his shell and be himself or let him prove that he's a troll (not a goblin) intent on causing trouble before we go discerning spirits and making overly-broad proclamations.
"...tell you what then..." smiled the goblin in a somewhat conciliatory mood, continuing "...google my username then find one post of mine across forumland that is malicious in nature naming the forum it comes form too, and I will accept your argument and remove myself quite willingly here, as I am across many forums now where the loss of one venue will not diminish my presence on forumland whatsoever, yet till then though I suggest you just accept that there are bound to be others in this world who do not wish to write like you do nor that share your opinion about nanowrimo neither, where if you would care to argue your stance this time around about why forum readership is not taking off as a medium where I have stated that it is, and as to why one's persona isn't crucial towards the self marketing entailed, readers here might take more attention to you and give more credence to your accusations...", in fact, the goblin had even gone as far as to offer the usernames of two nanowrimo winners, together with their homebase forums too, thinking that xxxxx would care to find out more about nanowrimo itself, and that change of perspective that more and more writers hold towards writing in general today, adding "...btw, if you don't want to argue your case with me here for some reason, you're always welcome on writersbeat forum or publishedauthors forum as some natural ground between us, and besides, it's not like I'm not the only livewriter out there now, no I'm just one of them, a growing number of them too..."

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Loz (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...yet more, sorry, just storing now..." went the goblin)

repost from very elsewhere, new,

I don't really care how you write, since I'm just going to skim through your stuff anyway. Two tips, though: break up your walls of text into paragraphs (we humans need a little white space) and cite your sources when you copy from another forum. I don't write under an assumed persona; I try to be more honest with my readers than that
"...no, because the post has to look concise to be eye catching, paragraphs form experience do not work as well, but thanks anyway..." replied the goblin who did not name names nor link links within his set posts though there could be no doubt of their authenticity because who other than him would write in such a way, adding "...but enough of me now, surely by now it's your turn to post something, for I imagine we share the goal of upping the readership here, after all the duty of the opposition is offer an alternative, or conversely we can do this another way...", in that the goblin would meet xxxx half way then in a compromise of sorts, suggesting "...did you note that I am nowhere else on this forum bar this one thread here in the writer's section, save for the one time that you asked openly for posters to comment on nanowrimo, which I inadvertently did, not exactly to your pleasure it seems by the resulting comments there, and yet, since I still think of that publishing as yesterways by yestermeans in the face this growing number of direct forum readers who evidently have both diminished attention spans, a need to interact with the author, and absolutely no wish to read stuff elsewhere anyway, that we finally let each other be by this, that is you to your everywhere else on this forum and me to my ever impossible wager that I can somehow make this thread reach 10000hits by christmas...", in fact, the goblin's posting day was just too short to heed his detractors now, saying "...we go to our graves humans where fame and forture is just so much rendering unto ceasar here, so post while you still can for what comes afterwards if at all..."

xxxx 3115 63827

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Loz (09-21-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 02:06 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere,

and with that the goblin knew that he had been spotted by a mommy now, knowing that these usually docile creatures were in fact some of his most avid readers across forumland and beyond that is, ah yes, but one never forgot that when one could see one, there were probably others lurking in the kitchen cupboards looking out at you, indeed at any moment a whole heard of stomping mummies could stampede through the edit thread here in some wild shopping frenzy demanding autographs of terry wogan again, in fact, the goblin just took it in his stride knowing that this then was one of those occupational hazards one faces when one posts, but the rest was as it should be, even if no one knew how it should be

150 3116 63891
Loz (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...a repost, but with a picture here then...

"...oh dear..." sighs Jats snug by the fire in the little cottage by the canal watching all the 'special' people on x factor with the boys now "...don't you lot have some writing to do, or something, anything, rather than practising your trolling for the big forums where there's always one of these threads to play on then, and I doubt very much if any of the thousands of these threads have ever converted one, one way or the other, so what's the point, other than revealing self then..." Jats giggles joining in with the boys giggling at our new wannabe gods on the screen and takes the opportunity to surreptitiously steal another fruit pastel only to be caught and beaten up a bit 'what you writing Dad?' asks the little un peering over Jats shoulder 'I'm just telling some humans to stop arguing about God' answers Jats 'are they a bit stupid then?' he wonders, guarding his sweets tightly 'no just confused' Jats tells him tickling a pastel loose from his grip before continuing "...why don't you just write one 'god' post and repost it on every thread all across forumland instead, it saves a lot of time you know..." suggests Jats off to play a game of ping pong now, in return for one more sweet, and with a picture in mind already for all the reposts elsewhere, where the gods allow them then

Last edited by Jats; 09-22-2012 at 02:48 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jats For This Useful Post:
Loz (09-23-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elsewhere

"...well, and do I not respond to those who befriend me now..." replied the goblin, adding "...and who isn't guilty of an agenda anyway, I mean I imagine no one is here for no reason whatsoever where mine is simply to grow those posters around me into what they are capable of and to be rewarded by what I then read of them, so it's three goals then a writer's way with words, an illustrator's eye and a fully formed persona, why, because that which you create here on forumland was never yours to keep anyway as it belongs to here now, yet that which you enable yourself to do by this practice is yours alone, somehow the goblin was reminded of father ted trying to teach doogle the difference between small and far away using cows, where the goblin in his turn simply smiled, saying "...their posts here are small and their works there are faraway...", well, whenever he thought upon those writers who would post links to their works elsewhere as if the reader couldn't see the author directly in what they posted in front of their eyes

Father Ted explains perspective - YouTube

xxxx

Last edited by fleamailman; 10-22-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Loz (09-23-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

repost from elwsewhere, goblin loves mommies

Captial T for Terry, captial W for Wogan dear.
"...yes I am very sorry that I forgot his capital letters, I know how important he is in your lives, but nah, only usernames get capitals out of respect, otherwise I use none save where I must, besides, goblins don't write like you humans do anyway, too stuffy and identifying..." replied the goblin again, adding "...yes, it's a funny writing style agreed, but unlike a more formal scrip, it is so universally unacceptable that it gets accepted everywhere, where above all it hides me, that is, you know that this is a mask of something that you are not sure of...", yet the night was catching up with the goblin now, for the sandman had appeared once more where the moon just seemed a wink in the darkness, somehow the plot was beginning to unravel where the goblin was still trying to put the pieces together here

Old 09-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Jats (Offline)

Thanks 1,142

...pssts! I've been having a poke around the site where I have seen writers writing and stuff...a repost, for tomorrow morning then...

"...it's raining again..." grumbles Jats puling the duvet up over his knees on a damp Monday morning, catching a whiff of himself in the process, sharp acidic stale sweat that burns the nose hairs from another restless night where she appeared again, out of nowhere, when I had managed to guide the dream along quite nicely even weaving in that attractive woman from the supermarket, until there she was again, popping up in the kitchen uninvited with the surreal details that followed being unimportant and rather vague now anyway, only that in the end she did something mean and nasty as usual as my sub concious reminded me, as it does with annoying relentless regularity still, that she was unforgettable to start with then "...that's my day fucked then, where I have tried to rack my poor befuddled brain searching for anything I could possibly do at any of my clients without getting thoroughly soaked within minutes, but there isn't, and so I'll sit and stink awhile then..." complains Jats to anyone that is listening, yes there is always someone listening then, unless this is all a pointless dream then

Last edited by Jats; 09-23-2012 at 11:43 AM..
fleamailman (09-23-2012), Loz (09-23-2012)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe