WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe

Writers' Cafe Get a drink, sit down to relax, and chit-chat with other writers.

How to write a thank you note to a teacher?

Old 10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Purple Bead (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 12
Default How to write a thank you note to a teacher?

For the past month now, my teacher has wasted almost an hour a day with me after school discussing a personal issue. I've been having panic attacks, and she's my psychology teacher. I feel like I have wasted so much of her time. I honestly want to thank her and I thought a note would be the best thing. I'm having trouble writing it because I'm afraid it'll seem stupid. Is it normal to write a letter? I really don't want to make a fool out of myself, but at the same time, I want her to know that I truly appreciate all she's doing. :\ She's spent so much time trying to consult me, and I feel horrible. Also, she's on my case about apologizing too much. Anything I could write to her? I've already sort of had a starting in mind.

But when I try to write a thank you note, I either make it seem creepy, or crappy. Can someone help me? This is what I have so far.

Originally Posted by Purple Bead View Post
I want to thank you for all that you're doing. I feel a lot better after talking to you because knowing that someone cares takes away so much of the anxiety. Despite the fact that I've been extremely annoying, you're still helping me and I appreciate that. I wish that I wasn't feeling this way, and sometimes it's so bad that I can't take it alone. And having someone to talk to has really made me feel a lot better. You've been a really great help, and I'm really sorry about taking up so much of your time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:42 PM
KS Brown (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 2

I think you should take out the part about being annoying. She doesn't think you're annoying, or she wouldn't be helping you.
Showing you appreciate her is a great idea. It'll make her feel good to have you acknowledge that she's going above and beyond. Also, if your school has a Teacher Of the Year Award, or something similar, nominate her for it. If you can, maybe write a letter to the editor for both your school paper and the local newspaper to publicly acknowledge her for doing such a good job.

I'm glad you found someone to help you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DRAGON'S HONOR Paranormal Romance- Querying
DRAGON'S SAVIOR Paranormal Romance- Revising
DRAGON'S HEART Paranormal Romance- NaNo project
The Following User Says Thank You to KS Brown For This Useful Post:
Purple Bead (10-27-2010)
Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 PM
SophiVengeance (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 50

Say it in person.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Purple Bead (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 12

KS, thank you so much, that was very helpful. I think you're right - she's already tired of me saying sorry, so maybe she wouldn't like that very much...

Sophi, will you come with me tomorrow?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
A.r.p. (Offline)
Word Wizard
Official Member

Thanks 67

Don't worry about sounding this or that way. Just be honest and forthright. What you have -- without apologies, as KS suggested -- sounds great.

She'll love it.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:23 PM
mrc12671 (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Thanks 0

I concur with the others. Just speak from your heart. Sincerity pops off the page. Your teacher probably rarely gets recognized and will be really appreciative.

And by all means make sure your spelling is on target. Teachers like that. :-)

WritersBeat.com > General Discussion > Writers' Cafe