WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself; we're all writers here, nothing to hide!

I'm new

Old 06-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Lucian Hodoboc (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Lucian Hodoboc
Default I'm new

Hello

I am a new member of this online community. I have decided to join and check it out. I'm an aspiring writer and online content creator (I make videos on YouTube, DailyMotion and other websites).

I hope you are a friendly bunch.

Old 06-16-2018, 04:05 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 1,385

Originally Posted by Lucian Hodoboc View Post
Hello

I am a new member of this online community. I have decided to join and check it out. I'm an aspiring writer and online content creator (I make videos on YouTube, DailyMotion and other websites).

Friendly?

Sure, I'm friendly.

Will you be offering your crits of others work who post on the site?
Old 06-16-2018, 05:56 AM
Lucian Hodoboc (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
Will you be offering your crits of others work who post on the site?
I don't know. Should I?
Old 06-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,385

I don't know. Should I?
Over the last seven years I have seen a variety of interaction techniques when it comes to the site.

The support of others work via a response seem the most useful to all concerned.

Your decision, of course.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,385

Over the last seven years I have seen a variety of interaction techniques when it comes to the site.

The support of others work via a response seem the most useful to all concerned.

I should note that there have been people who register and do the few required posts to get their offsite scene advertised here.

Sometimes they continue to be contributors to this site. Sometimes they drop out of, heh, I could use the drop out of site pun here, huh?
Old 06-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)
Homer's Odyssey Was Nothing

Thanks 519

I don't know. Should I?
You'll find that the more you put into the site, the more you'll get out of it. It works a lot like real life, (which it is - it's real life): you join a group, get to know the people, and exchange thoughts. The more you contribute, the more interaction you get.

There are rules, and clicks and cliques, but you'll find the Administration here is fairly easy-going, and people are more than welcoming. The Intellectual Table is inspiring sometimes, but bring a thick skin and the ability to take some pokes. Otherwise we're all pretty civil.

Welcome aboard.
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prodigalson For This Useful Post:
Mohican (06-30-2018), Nick Pierce (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Lucian Hodoboc (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Well, so far I'm registered on a bunch of forums, and it's quite the struggle to remember to post on all of the.

Also, I'm trying to understand why this community uses such an outdated piece of software (vBulletin 4, if I'm not mistaken) in 2018.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucian Hodoboc For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (06-17-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 519

...Also, I'm trying to understand why this community uses such an outdated piece of software (vBulletin 4, if I'm not mistaken) in 2018.
It's all part of our mystique, and once you achieve a high enough level to be given the secret code, your eyes will be opened and it will all be so clear to you.

Or we're a bunch of backward hicks. I'm not sure which it is.

But we shore do write good...
Mr. Ed said I should use his signature, since he's not anymore. In honor of his good friend Nok, here it is: "As far as smoking a cigar," she said, "I'd not know where to start or how to start." "It's simple," said I, "You light one end and chew on the other and hope to meet in the middle."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Gaines (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 871

The outdated software is a ruse. We keep the good stuff in the basement. Once you reach one thousand posts you will be given the code to blue door at the end of the hall. After that you are on your own and whatever you do don't pet the cat.
Mohican (06-30-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 06:22 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 4,088

("...well now, it's not how something is written, any more than it's what software one uses neither..." started the goblin with an elongated smile then continuing "...more it's just that, in whatever you write, if you can make that piece pulling by it, then those readers will follow you regardless won't they...", in fact, the goblin didn't like talking shop in the intro, preferring instead just to welcome each new person to writersbeat as best he could then, relating "...well in effect we go to our graves even here, and it would be a pity to feel that writing is just "what we can make out of it" whereas in truth the real reward is simply "what we can put into it", I mean it's all a journey to self if ever there was one, and don't you want to know who you are and where it goes by what you post...", and with that the goblin left off, hoping that he had not been too forward)

Last edited by fleamailman; 06-22-2018 at 05:25 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fleamailman For This Useful Post:
Prodigalson (06-20-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 12:34 AM
Lucian Hodoboc (Offline)
Pencil pusher
Official Member

Originally Posted by Gaines View Post
The outdated software is a ruse. We keep the good stuff in the basement. Once you reach one thousand posts you will be given the code to blue door at the end of the hall. After that you are on your own and whatever you do don't pet the cat.
Fine, but until then, can we at least fix the emoticons? Some of them show up as missing icons.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:53 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 519

Fine, but until then, can we at least fix the emoticons? Some of them show up as missing icons.
I will talk to Administration and see what can be done.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,385

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
I will talk to Administration and see what can be done.

Well as long as you are at it how about some fuckin' ice cream for those of us who have been good little posters?
Old 06-24-2018, 04:50 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 519

Ice cream melts. Have a cookie.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:56 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 519

Looks like, unless someone can convince CrowdGather we're worthy of an upgrade, what we got is what we got.

Part of the charm of hanging with us crusty old diehards.

Last edited by Prodigalson; 06-24-2018 at 05:03 AM..
Old 06-24-2018, 05:02 AM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,385

Originally Posted by Prodigalson View Post
Ice cream melts. Have a cookie.
And cookies make my browser's tummy bloat.

Changed my mind. Now I want sorbet. And not the chemically flavored/colored frozen sugar water type.

Organic 100% fruit juice.

Blackberry would be tasty.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 519

A market here sells "Natural Vanilla" ice cream. It has milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in it, and nothing else. It's the only stuff I'll eat.

I'd ship you some, but the Post Office gets testy about sticky white stuff oozing out of packages.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Nick Pierce (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 1,385

[QUOTE=Prodigalson

I'd ship you some, but the Post Office gets testy about sticky white stuff oozing out of packages.

[/QUOTE]

Try shippin' a leakin' talcum powder container if you wanna learn how many guys can come tumblin' out a black Chevy Suburban.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Prodigalson (Offline)

Thanks 519

So no freeze-dried instant vanilla ice cream powder, eh? (just add water!)

I was going to try to sell freeze-dried water tablets one time (just add water!), but my legal team nixed it.

Something about fraud.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Beesauce (Offline)
Word Wizard

Thanks 70

Hello

The shell of this forum is the spitting image of a dysfunctional secretive family of successful faults and sewn lips, you should probably walk away slowly. I mean... What other forums you frequent? This one is already underwater and you're surrounded by vampiric mermaids who will praise your used toilet paper as gold, for you may be real while these hooligans have gone fishing, got addicted, and can't stop til they drop dead.

What kind of content you write? Can we see your youtube videos?

i dream, you dream, we all do --

WritersBeat.com > Writer's Beat > Introductions