WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction

Non-Fiction Journals, biographies, memoirs, etc.

Tips for Intersexual Relations

Old 11-25-2017, 01:17 PM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

Originally Posted by Connie View Post
That's inexcusable of course- for any sex. I wonder what it was that made you think "transvestite"? Also, there is a world of difference between a transvestite and transgender.
I lived around gays and lesbians my whole life. No stretch of an imagination. In fact, I did suspect something was out of the ordinary. There's a world of difference, of course. But, the bottom line is always the same -- when you cross worlds, you must make the other person aware of "who you really are." Otherwise, it becomes risky and possibly dangerous business. That wasn't my first encounter with the same sex in disguise and not revealing true identity. Female impersonators, in my neck of the woods, are incredibly difficult to detect. And extremely pretty.

Is a transgender person someone who believes their body should have been of the other sex? For instance, a boy who believes he inhabits the wrong body, that he should have had a female body.

Last edited by Cityboy; 11-25-2017 at 04:20 PM..
Old 11-26-2017, 12:01 PM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

I know that's the case for a great many transexuals that I have met. They are absolutely convinced they are in the wrong body. But not all. Some, like me just want to be women because we admire them so. This was more a result of my grooming rather than some birth flaw. And happily, these days it is often possible to approach that goal to the point where the world accepts you as female. That is enough.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

@Connie:

Connie, there's been a fair amount of press and TV coverage in recent weeks over Top Shop's decision to create gender neutral changing rooms, following a trans feminine customer feeling uncomfortable having been directed to a male changing room with the female clothing she wanted to try on.

What are your thoughts?

The main concern in the press is primarily for women's safety - a changing room being secluded and a woman undressed at her most vulnerable. I suppose it provides an opportunity for a sexual predator. I can equally see how horrible it must feel to be directed to a male changing area if you are living your life as a woman.....

What's your experience on this?

Last edited by Grace Gabriel; 11-26-2017 at 02:57 PM..
Old 11-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Myers (Online)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 361

That's a damn good question. I'd love to hear that perspective.

We have a chain of stores here -- Target.

They went to gender neutral changing rooms year or so ago. There have been literally less than a handful of anecdotal incidents of voyeurism and attempted sexual assault.

The reports tend to be in media outlets with a conservative bias. Or could it be that more liberal outlets just don't want to report on the downside of this issue? It's so hard to say.

I'm not trying to minimize the risks at all -- and I'm still grappling with the idea. It's just that we rarely get to hear from people who are directly affected on a regular basis, like you Connie.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Of course I'd be terribly uncomfortable if I was directed to a male changing room or a bathroom. In fact, I'd just leave the store- probably in a huff. I've just always used the women's rooms because I look more like a woman than a man. I've never had a problem but I realize I'm no more a target for a predator than any other woman. Gender neutral rooms are solution of course, but if given the choice, I'd select the women's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Connie For This Useful Post:
Grace Gabriel (11-28-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

https://pix.sfly.com/EQ4NVp

So would you go in the men's room if you looked like this?

Last edited by Connie; 11-27-2017 at 01:19 PM..
Old 11-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 1,069

Of course I'd be terribly uncomfortable if I was directed to a male changing room or a bathroom. In fact, I'd just leave the store- probably in a huff. I've just always used the women's rooms because I look more like a woman than a man. I've never had a problem but I realize I'm no more a target for a predator than any other woman. Gender neutral rooms are solution of course, but if given the choice, I'd select the women's.
I don't know - would the term 'gender neutra'l equally rob you of the right to identify yourself fully as a woman...instead of being worthy of ticking box 2, a box 3 has been created instead?

I couldn't click on your photos Connie - whirlpool symbol and nothing happened.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:03 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Samuel Johnson, obviously!
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

("...here on the continent space in bistros is at a premium now, so almost all toilets are unisex anyway meaning two things really, one that men wash their hands more being under the observation of those women there, and they get also to learn first hand about sanitary towels and what joys to be had when one remains in ignorance about it..." remarked the goblin in passing over the topic not quickly enough, then adding "...no,I'm happy with my own gender, but I can't say that the old man likes going around looking as that old man in the mirror too, I mean it's hardly flattering at his age is it, and besides that, if they say that "one isn't what one has" then surely one isn't how one looks neither, yet there were always going to be those who looked at one only at face value only...", so perhaps the goblin was harping back to his previous point that "online is what one makes of it, whereas in that dailylife one is what it makes of you")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-29-2017 at 07:59 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 04:25 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Hmmm, try this

Old 11-29-2017, 04:26 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

http://https://pix.sfly.com/Os5aT6
Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

("...well Connie, did you note that you repeated the "http//" twice in your link there, probably why it didn't link then, but if you have no joy you could try cutpasting this link below this text..." went the goblin liking it very much, then adding "...either way anyone on forums really should bbs codes, even if they differ sightly from forum to forum, yet for the most part their as in the link second link on offer now)

https://photos.shutterfly.com/galler...e-11acea3cd6d9

http://bbcode.org/reference.php

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-29-2017 at 05:37 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 06:41 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Ah thank you flea- I'm not very adept on the computer.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:54 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

("...think nothing of it, I want you to succeed where you deserve success don't you..." smiled the goblin more interested in other people's worlds than his own now, after all the old man was just that then, old indeed, where most people still thought old folks as "passed their sell by date", relating "...and to be honest with you, apart from the old man there, I'm not sure that I can relate to someone old either, where dailylife is full of consequences regarding any wrong decisions one might make, so one hides in full view as it were, however forumland breeds trolls precisely because those dailylife penalties do not exist here, why, because being here online one is just a persona of an alter ego behind it, so welcome to the masked ball of forumland now, choose your mask well though, dance lightly too, because this dance is what they'll remember you by...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 11-29-2017 at 07:58 AM..
Old 11-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Thank you for the kind thought Flea. But I don't understand your posts. Whats this about goblins and old men and masked balls? Very strange or is it just me that finds this bewildering?
Old 11-30-2017, 11:44 AM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
("...think nothing of it, I want you to succeed where you deserve success don't you..." smiled the goblin more interested in other people's worlds than his own now, after all the old man was just that then, old indeed, where most people still thought old folks as "passed their sell by date", relating "...and to be honest with you, apart from the old man there, I'm not sure that I can relate to someone old either, where dailylife is full of consequences regarding any wrong decisions one might make, so one hides in full view as it were, however forumland breeds trolls precisely because those dailylife penalties do not exist here, why, because being here online one is just a persona of an alter ego behind it, so welcome to the masked ball of forumland now, choose your mask well though, dance lightly too, because this dance is what they'll remember you by...")
Thank you for the kind thought Flea. But I don't understand your posts. Whats this about goblins and old men and masked balls? Very strange or is it just me that finds this bewildering?
("...well, suffice to say that the goblin himself is the persona of the alter-ego that is behind it, where the old man gives hims full sway here since he'd like to know what his alter-ego is like really, whereas "forumland" is just this collection of unprovable personas who post across forums like this, I mean I'm on many forums across the internet, come to think of it one of those personas would be you now, yes you're a persona here Connie, and all your details, even your photo too doesn't prove your reality to anyone, how can those details prove anything in what is after all this virtual reality between us, and then back to the old man again, well let just say that he's just someone who seems to type away in background whenever the goblin talks, he comes along for the ride so to speak but remains silent online and would be conversely what one would see of the goblin in his dailylife, well if you'd care to believe me, can't prove it though..." replied the goblin thanking Connie for her interest, and then adding "...um...., since you now understand that each poster across forumland is just a persona of themselves, then why not conclude that the persona is another word for a mask then, Connie is your mask here and a most convincing commendable mask it is too, now since you're a woman and I'm a man, would you care to dance with me now, meaning that this forumland is really a masked ball if ever there was one...", to which the goblin held out his hand for the dance now, smiling "...only dorks think that that it's still posting here about some writings elsewhere, far from it, more readers read your posts directly than most anything else today, and all you have to do Connie is turn your posts into your writings for them...", the music was rammstein's links, the old man let the goblin dance in his place and how the goblin could dance the night away, the old man almost lost himself just looking at him, little wonder why goblins couldn't be trusted really)

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-01-2017 at 07:52 AM..
Old 11-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

Hmmm, I can see that you have thought about this for some considerable time. I might be too much a lightweight to appreciate the full significance of forumland. To me its just like people kibitzing in a bar or somewhere.
fleamailman (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 04:49 PM
brianpatrick (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 867

Hmmm, I can see that you have thought about this for some considerable time. I might be too much a lightweight to appreciate the full significance of forumland. To me its just like people kibitzing in a bar or somewhere.

That’s really all forums are. Kibitzing in a bar. But in the pre Internet days we actually had to go to the bar and deal with whatever local population was available. Now, the pool is much larger. And forums like this are even out of date these days. Social media platforms are crushing them with what (apparently) most people really want.

To a 50 year old man it seems like people have lost a great deal in physical interaction. There’s something about face to face that is irreplaceable. The smell of a persons breath, their body, the immediate tangible physicality’s and interesting on-the-spot improvisation of a meeting.

The writer in me thinks: we’re doomed. Ha ha. Or, would like to think it, but who knows.

Sent from my whack-ass dump hole.
The Following User Says Thank You to brianpatrick For This Useful Post:
kev (12-02-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:16 PM
fleamailman (Offline)
Official Member

Thanks 3,823

("...ironic isn't it, that on a thread dedicated to intersexual relations, we actually conclude that the is no gender online, becoming what perhaps, interpersona relations instead, as clearly everyone posting here is only claiming to be male or female as part of their masks..." agreed the goblin turning the previous masked ball into a speakeasy now even if those masked were still in place though, then asking the girl behind the counter if she served coffee and donuts, a jukebox sat in the corner and instinctively the goblin dipped his hand down into his pocket to place a nickle in the slot to choose something from his own past, asking "...who's it to be then, they're mostly dead though, but I can take you back there in an instant, I just have to press the button for you..." and somehow the titles read like tombstones, just those names again and their moments too, smiling "...ah yes, this one then "welcome to the hotel california", most nostalgic wouldn't you agree...", as the goblin then sat on a high stool at the counter and proceeded to dunk a doughnut into his coffee looking alternatively between Connie and brianpatrick, relating "...readers are fickle creatures with minds that always build up a fictional world from whatever we present to them, they're both grateful or indifferent depending, so we're just escape artist for them, we provide them with escape, trouble is though that we don't escape like they do, no they move on to the next plot yet we're still here stuck with the present plot acting itself out in ours heads, why so, because what you write writes you back of course, it's the cost of this writing drug for us, the price we all pay eventually...", the sugared doughnut warmed by its coffee dunk seemed better for the company he was sharing, the goblin for his part knew that he needed the reader as a backdrop to his plot, sighing "...guess I can't perform till I'm onstage...")

Last edited by fleamailman; 12-04-2017 at 04:57 AM..
Old 12-01-2017, 07:18 AM
Connie (Offline)
Typist
Official Member

Thanks 16

I think you are spot on brianpatrick. We have lost a lot in interpersonal interaction. I think this is most pronounced in dating relationships- or should I say 'hookups'. Its not like it used to be when conversation was the purpose of the evening. How eager we were to tease out every detail of another person's life, and share human experience with another. That's mostly gone. I'm unattached, so I still date. Men my age are so boring. And younger men don't know how to make stimulating conversation. So I guess that's why I'm here in forumland.
fleamailman (12-01-2017)
Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Cityboy (Online)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 152

Men my age are so boring. .
Hmmm. This sounds familiar. Wait a minute. I think I know someone who may be of great value.

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Non-Fiction