WritersBeat.com

Go Back   WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing

Free Writing Plot bunnies, random musings, etc. No one-liners.

Arrested Development

Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Nadja

Default Arrested Development

They're out playing again. They always like to play. Never take anything seriously, that seems to be their motto. Lucky them.

They like to play games with me. Tig, most often. I go chasing and chasing, all to no avail. Hide and seek is even more popular with them though. It wears me out yet I can't stop playing.

Sometimes, of course, I try to ignore them and get down to business. Like today. I've turned my back firmly on them. They can call and call if they want but I don't want a piece of them. They can rot away, they can go to hell. Just as long as they leave me alone.

But that's just it. They never do. They'll go into hiding and then suddenly rush out and almost trip me up. Or at other times, like today, they'll scurry out and sit round me in a ring, looking up eagerly, expectantly, un-ignorably.

Dammit, dreams just won't grow up.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (08-01-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Loz (Offline)
Captain Unicorn Biscuits

Thanks 999

Haha, brilliant. For some reason I was expecting you to be being plagued by a garden full of myschevious pixies. This is soo much cooler.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
The Following User Says Thank You to Loz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 02:08 AM
luckyme (Offline)
The laughing one
Official Member

Thanks 704

I somehow imagined a dog that was fed up with the games the owner wanted to play. That is until "They go into hiding and trip me up." That was my cue that it's not a dog but something entirely else.

Goes to show that you've done a fine job of telling a story with a punch line in the end.

I think I might even nominate this one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Nadja

thanks both, and luckyme I appreciate the nomination. Interesting that you both imagined pixies and dogs, I didn't think of either of these!

WritersBeat.com > Write Here > Free Writing