View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Floyd (Offline)
Dedicated Writer
Official Member

Thanks 49

Originally Posted by Ilseum View Post
While the Intellectual Table was certainly a lively part of the forum, we don't believe it was a vital one. And the past months have proven that. While there is less traffic than before, the focus is much more on writing, which is what this forum was designed for and should be used for in our opinion.

The Intellectual Table as it was will not be coming back. There may be (note the may, we're not making promises) a new discussion forum at some point, where the main focus will still be writing or reading. We're brainstorming about it, and any member is free to PM us with ideas, but for now we're happy with the way things are. The atmosphere has improved a lot, and we're happy to see members standing up for each other and helping each other, rather than ratting each other out and causing virtual fist fights.

If you're looking for discussions in the way they were held in the IT, feel free to take a look at the forum Non Serviam has set up (the link is somewhere in this thread), and we hope to still see you around here for writerly matters!
I'm glad to see that you are considering a discussion forum, hopefully, as you said, more based on writing, as a writing forum should be.
As I said, I was simply wondering. Clearly the admin and moderators, such as yourself, are incredibly engaged (far more than I've experienced on some other forums) and I hope all is going well from inside the Beat

I will certainly be sticking around- the advice in matters of general writing and language use, as well as feedback, has been invaluable. As I said, it was involuntary my hiatus, and I was simply surprised to see the IT gone when I returned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Floyd For This Useful Post:
Ilseum (08-26-2014)