Thread: Media
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 12:30 PM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Heartbreaking Writer of Staggering Genius
Official Member

Thanks 376

Originally Posted by Nick Pierce View Post
When my hair gets cut it is I does the cuttin'.
Same with the shavin'.

Perhaps this has some bearing on why the basis of traditional truth ha always seemed simply untouchable to my tender fingertips.

Regarding a paradox - when younger I had such a situation.
Then, as time went on, the analyst lost his bearings and the other physician was overcome with age.

Life got much simpler after I was clear of their help.
Yep, every person who states a truth on why we can't define truth, either is not being truthful or has found a truth, proving their statement incorrect.

I stated this at a table full of philosophers and I could see in their faces they were busting to state something, but they kept quiet, their faces red with perspiration.

It is a hard thing to do, shutting a philosopher up. I should know as I belong to a Philosopher's Guild, yep, we have many intellekchual conversations with exactly zero practical application. It is the most indulgent intellectual pursuit.

Then there are philosophers who only study previous philosophers... that's more indulgent than indulgence, it is like sticking a chocolate bar in a deep fryer and then adding whipped cream, cherries, ice-cream and a gold plated mclaren.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post:
Nick Pierce (03-08-2017)