View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:37 AM
J. Newman (Offline)
The Next Bard
Official Member

Thanks 44

Thanks for sharing Ivcabbie.

Here's my take on it; the following advice is for writers with deals with small publishing houses or those self-publishing:

Facebook is better for product awareness rather than a tool for concrete sales,.. Open a page as a person rather than a brand/product. You're starting out right?...You need to have the right friends. Facebook is great for this..Search for the authors that you like and become friends with them (you're a fan right, they want you to be their friends). Find the publishers for books and magazines in your genre and become friends with them, chat with other writers, hit that like button a lot.
Once you have something published and they hit like all their other fans will be able to see it.
Then open a fan page if you so desire. However I know of writers that have sold hundreds of thousands just through having a personal facebook page, posting news items everyday and commenting on them.
What Westwinds communications say here is useful, but to follow his advice you'd have to already have a solid fanbase, which I for one, do not have. If you don't already have a large fanbase use facebook to make friends and build that fanbase and network rather than waiting for them to come to you (which they probably won't unless you have a great product and have an already excellent promotion campaign).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by J. Newman; 11-27-2011 at 04:47 AM..