View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 07:12 PM
Grace Gabriel (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member
Thanks 1,080

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
I'm not saying this is the case with you -- but for me, part of my addictive personality is this need to feel like I'm getting away with something.

When I was little, my grandpa used to take me fishing or just out for a drive. The first think he did was stop at a store and buy cokes and Fritos or Cheetos and Slim Jims -- these spicy processed meat snacks. All the kinds of junk I definitely was not allowed to have.

My wife is kind of a healthy eating nut, so I used to buy all that stuff and hide it or eat in the car before I got home. That may sound like a relatively small transgression, but because of my track record of addiction, the behavior upset her -- it was essentially lying by omission.

She was like, you're a grown man, you can eat whatever you want. But once I was given permission, the allure was kind of gone...

I think there are a few retarded brain cells in my head that still want to be 'the cool kid.' Maybe all the screen images took root years ago. James Dean.. ..Steve McQueen.

I hate restrictions - even if they're self-imposed. So yeah, some notion of breaking the rules is likely involved.