View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 07:37 AM
wrc (Offline)
Scribbling Master
Official Member

Thanks 230

Hi brian. How's the work coming?

If I had my way, I would put an editor on retainer, pay them more than they want, and have them pass on everything I wrote, including this post.

A personal experience: When I wrote MovieMind for Screenwriters, I saved my money to publish it as a POD at Lightening Source. I planned to sell it on Amazon.

My youngest son, also named Brian, had a better education than me, and suggested I hire an editor before freezing the textbook in print, where it would be harder to change any boo boos.

So I approached hiring a cyber editor just like hiring a crew member for movie project. Finally I chose one and MovieMind was out of my hands for a couple of months. When it came back to me I was floored. I had so many misunderstandings, grammar and spelling errors that I almost gave up on ever wrrting again.

So I did a "polish" rewrite. Some members of my support team, who knew the movie industry, also read it and suggestions.

In the end, Brian read it again, and came up witih a few mistakes that not one person caught.

You're not dead 'til you're dead and when you are you won't know it. So, keep on writing and having fun.