Thread: Nimko Ali
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 02:23 AM
PickleBottom (Offline)
Always Online
Official Member

Thanks 380

Originally Posted by CandraH View Post
Did I say that re people falling back into traditional roles after shouting about equality on social media? Doesnt sound like my words but that doesnt mean I dont agree.

I think thats another unfortunate aspect of human nature. People being good at talking a good game but not following it up with associated action. What we used to call "all mouth and no action".

So yeah, I think if people who shout about inequality on social media actually treated others as people rather than (insert religious/socially constructed role of choice here), the problem would get sorted much faster because there would be a lot more people leading by example to help change things instead of just spouting about it from their armchairs.

But now I'm just rambling speculations. See what you tablers do? Getting me to actually use my brain. Bah humbug lol.
Yes, but that is what a "thought for the day" is supposed to do, send a person down their stream of consciousness.

The SJW phenomena is an interesting phenomena because the proponents (given agency) hold the key to their success, or the solution to their problem. For example if 50% + of people believed that climate change (anthropogenic) could be somewhat abetted by reducing household carbon emissions by 10% the problem is easy to solve.
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas
-George Bernard Shaw
The Following User Says Thank You to PickleBottom For This Useful Post: