Thread: Nimko Ali
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 06:18 AM
JohnConstantine (Offline)
Verbosity Pales
Official Member

Thanks 725

Originally Posted by PickleBottom View Post
Female mammals are distributed by resources and males are distributed by females. One day in the animal kingdom a baboon creates money as a token of energy expenditure/resources, and proudly states, "no more spending time foraging, if you have heaps of these tokens you can pay for others to do so, huzzah!" The female baboons see this and think to themselves, "hey shit! If I had heaps of those I am Sociobiologically fulfilled but look at how it is distributed, the males have most of them!" This is because when the males looked at the money they were all like "hey shit! If I had heaps of those, females will be drawn towards me making me sociobiologically fulfilled, I'm going to be a terrible fighting asshole bully to all other baboons to get as much money possible!". Result: a hypothetical society that does not represent ours.
Hey man -- we're totally post modern, post biology stay-at-home dads, professional mums, and daycare dependents over here! Screw you and your archaic notions conveniently disguised as 'made up' hypotheticals!

We just don't want to accept it -- the idea that for women sex is about resources and for men money is about sex sends people cray cray.

Female dependency on men for resources has diminished, due to increased earning potentials and the welfare state. There was a programme on Channel 4 recently called 'single mum club' and the general pronouncement was 'who needs men!?' We've been hearing that for quite some time now.

So, less people sticking with unhappy marriages/relationships. But perhaps less thought put into suitors. Having a baby with some unknown with no prospects isn't as catastrophic as it used to be; indeed in some places it's pretty much the norm.

So then you have a bunch of fatherless homes. And there are a bunch of nasty stats about kids from single parent households. But, is single-parentdom a cause of all these things (such as jail bound kids etc) or just another effect of other socio-economic factors?

Last edited by JohnConstantine; 06-14-2017 at 06:20 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnConstantine For This Useful Post:
PickleBottom (06-14-2017)