View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Mohican (Offline)
Tall Poppy
Administration

Thanks 685

Originally Posted by Myers View Post
I think you are missing my point.

It's going to essentially be a fight between men and women within that community and culture to end the practice -- at least initially.

Women will be at the forefront to end the practice -- and men will resist the change...
I grant you your point, to a degree.

For your scenario to happen, and happen from within
1. The women have to realize that it's wrong, and that it's wrong to indoctrinate the
next generation of women, to the point of refusing to participating in the genital mutilations.
2. To effect change, the women will have to take a stand which could include them losing their lives.
3. At that point a man would have to love his wife enough to not punish her for not keeping the tradition, and then he might see the light and change.

or

The women can import some undamaged women from a neighboring tribe. Men, having sex with a fully intact, functional grown woman will think, "Hey, this is a lot better when they enjoy it,too"

The men at that point would slap themselves on the heads and say, 'for millennia we have turned our women into the equivalent of walking blow up dolls. What were the thinking?

If John of Patmos would browse the internet today for half an hour, I don't know if the Book of Revelations would be entirely different or entirely the same.