Thread: Jack Scott
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 02:05 PM
happienumber (Offline)
Let me introduce myself
New Author

Default Jack Scott

Hello, I'm Jack. I'm a member of the Special Operations branch of the Scottish police force. It was a trip with my father to provide volunteer medical help to an area in the aftermath of a local war that solidified my career decision. I wanted to help my father make a difference, and I thought I knew what I was getting myself into, but I had no idea. I was only 14. After seeing what I saw, I knew I had to do more than just patch up the holes. There had to be a way to stop the crimes before they happened, to defuse the bombs before they went off. I applied to the police force at 17 and started my career on my 18Th birthday.
I know it looks like I shot through the ranks at quite a clip, but it's not like I have grand aspirations of running the department or anything like that. I just do my job. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing perfectly. Then again, if it's not worth doing, it's worth burying under a pile of sweatshirts in the corner so no one knows I haven't gotten to it yet. I'd rather not have to deal with the pomp and circumstance- I skipped two of my promotion ceremonies, the last one they sprung on me.
I was just settling into my new role when an international incident sent my whole universe pear-shaped. My kidnapping victim was taken to New York, in the US. The kidnapper wasn't joking around, he was gonna kill her. The fight for jurisdiction wasn't something I could wait for. I hopped a plane to New York, just to keep an eye on things while I waited to hear about jurisdiction, I swear!
To make a long story short, something decidedly more wonky was going on.

There were aliens involved.

Last edited by happienumber; 04-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Spelling error